Do you like the star rating system here?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't, for the most part.

There is someone out there giving many threads a one star review. If I don't like a thread I just ignore it, or don't even read it if I do not like the subject line. Whoever is doing that is childish in my opinion.

The system is flawed because a jerk can come by an give you one star on all your threads just because he does not like you. I would prefer if the rating system were public and we could see who voted for each thread.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It exists, I occasionally notice the rating put up for someone. Do I give it any weight or power? No, and neither should you.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In a word: no.

The rating should be suppressed until a fair number, say 10, have voted. Some O/P's will rate theirs "excellent" which skews it before anyone else weighs in.

I'd like to see it be meaningful by suppressing the rating and not allowing the OP to rate the thread. There are too many great threads getting lost because silly threads get overrated. I largely ignore the star system because of that.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I usually ignore it. Many of the best threads on the site got poor star ratings.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I find your threads and polls very interesting. Every rating system is not perfect and has flaws and room for abuse.

Thanks :biggrin1: but I cut back on polls due to popular demand.