Do you like ties?

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've written this somewhere here before: a tie can make or break a suit but ties are symbols of servitude and I don't like having them around my neck for long. :cool:

Scooter5

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes, when I have to wear them for work. I like snazzy plaid/colorful ones. Not ready to pull off bow ties. Yet.

njfellow2002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I like to wear a button down shirt, and a tie for work. I've adopted to also wearing suspenders (with leather loops, not clips) and my GF loves the look with a tie. I don't want to go the bow-tie route though... I try to model myself after Michael Douglas in "wall street' when dressing for work ( sadly, I don't have the body he had back then)--- No matter what anyone says, the world treats you different when you are dressed up. I'm often mistaken for a doctor or a Lawyer (i'm neither--far from it)---

Reactions: AlteredEgo

The title says it all: do you like wearing ties? Do you do it often?

Good fucking post.

Ties are a curse, no doubt the work of fucking demons

In a word, FUCK NO. Sorry that's two words, but that just shows how much I hate ties

I have to talk myself into tie day and I go look in the mirror and curse myself for it.

Ties should be reserved only for the folks that enjoy them or maybe when I am dead, but that would be bad to (fucking eternity in one of those uncomfortable bastards).

I hate fucking ties, but I can do one really well.

I fuc....you get the idea.

I would like to close here in saying again, good post!

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I love ties. I have about 150. I have an antique one that was my great-grandfather's. I do not understand how it was tied as both ends are identical in shape and size. I have vintage ties from the 40s, 50s and 60s. I have a Versace with Medusa heads all over it and depending on the lighting, they open or close their eyes. I have Armani. I wear one every week.

Symbol of servitude? Never heard that before. They descended from when men tied scarves around their necks.

The "4 in-hand" knot came from how horse's reins were tied. One of the sons of Queen Victoria made the "Windsor" knot fashionable.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I do love ties! I could walk into a dept store and spin the tie rack one time and tell whether there was anything on the tie rack that i was interested in buying. I loved vintage ties with a nice suit. a well dressed man is a sexy man.

I do love ties! I could walk into a dept store and spin the tie rack one time and tell whether there was anything on the tie rack that i was interested in buying. I loved vintage ties with a nice suit. a well dressed man is a sexy man.

I would only encourage your bizarre love for ties if they were being modeled by nude buxom females sporting landing strips, fishnets and stilettos

The Little Boy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thank you everybody for your answers! :)

I've written this somewhere here before: a tie can make or break a suit but ties are symbols of servitude and I don't like having them around my neck for long. :cool:

I also want to understand what you mean, like Njfellow.

The Little Boy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good fucking post.

In a word, FUCK NO. Sorry that's two words, but that just shows how much I hate ties

I have to talk myself into tie day and I go look in the mirror and curse myself for it.

Ties should be reserved only for the folks that enjoy them or maybe when I am dead, but that would be bad to (fucking eternity in one of those uncomfortable bastards).

Ahahahahah, it looks like I hit a nerve! XD

So how would you like to be buried?

Reactions: AlteredEgo

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Good fucking post.

What are your thoughts on bow ties?

long_uncut

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Personally, I only wear a tie to a wedding or a funeral as they are much too uncomfortable for me. But I do like seeing a well dressed man in a tie, especially after he takes off his jacket and rolls up his sleeves a bit, and maybe loosens the top button on his shirt.

Had to wear one at work most of the time. Now that I am retired, only for weddings, funerals, and an occasional "formal" gathering.