Do you live near UTOPIA?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you live near UTOPIA? Where is that God damn place?

I used to live in a utopia, I miss it! The Jersey Shore is a beautiful place. Unfortunately Monmouth County, New Jersey is one of the most expensive places on the east coast to live. :frown1:

Weatherwise it's wonderful, we get all 4 seasons. No matter where you are in the state you are never more than 3 hours from the ocean. Winters can be bitter cold; but skiing is also no more than 3 hours away. On the rare occassion that a hurricane gets that far north it's little more than some wind and rain. :smile:

The people are great, open and friendly.

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yarra_Valley_Green_aerial_compressed.JPG

Yarra Valley, Victoria. Full of vineyards, nice people and you can still leave you're door unlocked when you go to the shop for milk and bread.

BTW, fuck off, we're full!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

BTW, fuck off, we're full![/QUOTE]

LOL. Very nice place Chuck. I wonder if people are reticent on divulging their favorite places for fear of assholes coming into their paradise. Sorry we're all full here. Go ruin someplace else.

People have a way of ruining everything. Everything.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to think Hawaii would be Utipia, but it's too hot.

Monaco or south France comes close sometimes.

It's been said that coastal San Diego has a Mediterranean climate. I love it here. It's great place for people who like to be active. It ranges from cool to mild to warm. It's never freezing cold and rarely very hot by the beaches. It's easy to have a year round garden here.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I doubt you mean any of the Utopias in Florida, NYC, Ohio, or Texas.
Closest I came was the village of Gordes in Vaucluse, in southern France.
Every view was beautiful.
The local peeps were wonderful.
It was a bit of heaven ... and I would return, but I know you can't go home again.

I live near Utopia, TX! :biggrin1: (well, sort of...not sure of its exact location compared to me but it's somewhere near Bandera, I think). I remember this because I was looking at a Texas Hill Country travel book before I moved here and was laughing over there being a Utopia, TX.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I lived right next to Utopia before. It was really beautiful, but I bought the whole place and built a beautiful, clean palace made of concrete. I had a golf course made too! lol

No, I don't live near Utopia. Unless you consider I'm in South America and you consider that I'm right next to Brazil. Then yes, I'm near, but not quite there....yet!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This was the vision of Utopia in the not too distant past a cleverly disguised sales pitch to benefit the oil and automobile industry. The wholesale demolition of existing mass transit infrastructure with gas guzzling private automobiles and the utopian vision of the future. This one vision of Utopia did more to ruin the livability of American cities more than anything else combined.

YouTube - GM Futurama - 1939 World's Fair - Part 2

This utopian vision gave us places like Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Fresno - deathly boring, wasteful and soul-less irreversible sprawls now commonplace as the standard of how cities are formed in America. Sad.

We're going to listen to these same fools and let them drill off our coast to reduce the cost of gas and have them sell us more SUV's?

People must have rocks in their heads if they don't get it.

Number 51

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I live near Utopia, TX! :biggrin1: (well, sort of...not sure of its exact location compared to me but it's somewhere near Bandera, I think). I remember this because I was looking at a Texas Hill Country travel book before I moved here and was laughing over there being a Utopia, TX.

You live about 120 miles from Utopia. I used to live about 50 miles from it. It's closer to Uvalde than any other town of appreciable size. It's not very big (the 2000 census had its population as 241). It's along the Sabinal River, which has carved a broad valley and thus makes the town appear to be surrounded by hills in the distance. The earliest settlers thought it to be very scenic with plenty of water for crops and cattle, hence the name. It's got a very good restaurant called the Lost Maples Cafe, which you should try if you're ever in the area (which isn't that easy to do, actually).

This was the vision of Utopia in the not too distant past a cleverly disguised sales pitch to benefit the oil and automobile industry. The wholesale demolition of existing mass transit infrastructure with gas guzzling private automobiles and the utopian vision of the future. This one vision of Utopia did more to ruin the livability of American cities more than anything else combined.

YouTube - GM Futurama - 1939 World's Fair - Part 2

This utopian vision gave us places like Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Fresno - deathly boring, wasteful and soul-less irreversible sprawls now commonplace as the standard of how cities are formed in America. Sad.

All delivered to us on a silver platter by Robert Moses. When I think of all the slums he created here back east, it's a tragedy. Huge numbers of neighborhoods, even buildings that were or would be landmarks, were just leveled wholesale. To think he almost leveled SoHo, one of the most architecturally significant and unique neighborhoods in the country. Ironically, that turd has a park named in his honor on Long Island; one of the most traffic congested parts of the country. It's a lovely five-mile stretch of beach which he didn't manage to destroy. I've always felt that if you wanted to name a park after Robert Moses, then every acre should be covered with asphalt.

We're going to listen to these same fools and let them drill off our coast to reduce the cost of gas and have them sell us more SUV's?

*cough cough* Ahem... :smirk:

People must have rocks in their heads if they don't get it.

:werd:

My favorite industrial film from that period is Design for Dreaming. Sexism, sex, Gogie, and lots of cars!

Last edited by a moderator: