Do you live paycheck to paycheck?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't. I need to have money saved in case of an emergency or if I want to say Fuck you to my boss and quit my job.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Money management is not in my skills inventory. Only when in relationships have I been able to escape the paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't. I need to have money saved in case of an emergency or if I want to say Fuck you to my boss and quit my job.

No, I don't live paycheck to paycheck. I would find that just too stressful. I have money and CD's in the bank, and plenty of 401K bucks if ever needed. I only have one credit card and pay it off every month. I wanted to say "fuck you" to a boss, but I didn't. I just quit and didn't even have another job at the time, but I didn't care. He wasn't worth it, and the job wasn't either.

I know people who live check to check. They make good money, but don't know how to manage it. They have to buy a new car every two years, even though there's not that much mileage on their car. When they go on vacations they'll only stay in the best hotels. They have to eat in the best restaurants, wear the best clothes, and have a television bigger than everyone else. They get new computers and cell phones even though there's nothing wrong with the ones they have. The thing is they're always complaining about living from check to check, but they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, I don't live paycheck to paycheck. I would find that just too stressful. I have money and CD's in the bank, and plenty of 401K bucks if ever needed. I only have one credit card and pay it off every month. I wanted to say "fuck you" to a boss, but I didn't. I just quit and didn't even have another job at the time, but I didn't care. He wasn't worth it, and the job wasn't either.

I know people who live check to check. They make good money, but don't know how to manage it. They have to buy a new car every two years, even though there's not that much mileage on their car. When they go on vacations they'll only stay in the best hotels. They have to eat in the best restaurants, wear the best clothes, and have a television bigger than everyone else. They get new computers and cell phones even though there's nothing wrong with the ones they have. The thing is they're always complaining about living from check to check, but they have nobody to blame but themselves.

I hate people who live beyond their means.

As far as bosses go, mine is jerk. He treats his employees like shit, and only talks to us to yell at us or complain about us. The good thing is that he only "works, I mean is at work 3 to 4 hours a day and I seldom have to see him.

He is a pot head and spends at least $300 a week smoking pot (him and his wife, and smokes it at work) that is at least $15,000 a year, and he complains that he does not have money.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd hate being run down by a bus tomorrow with a load of money unspent in my bank account.

They don't make pockets in shrouds, lay aside what you have to then spend it, that's what money's for.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hate people who live beyond their means.

I know. It's crazy.

It's their money, let 'em spend it how they see fit I say.

Believe me when I say they do spend it, but they're always complaining about living check to check. It's their own doing. They have everything and then some, but not a dime in the bank.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i live pay check to pay check.

I'm a poor college student with high ambitions.

It blows.

Some people have to, and that is understandable. For a young person or a college student it is hard to save.

When I was in my early 20's I spent a lot of money. I never had much extra money growing up, so I went a little crazy. I remember my first credit card purchase I thought "wow they are letting me out of the store without paying for this".

If you can save $100 a week that is around $5000 a year. $50 is $2500 a year. If you brown bag a lunch, or cut out some other things it is easy save $50 as week.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd hate being run down by a bus tomorrow with a load of money unspent in my bank account.

They don't make pockets in shrouds, lay aside what you have to then spend it, that's what money's for.

I hope to die leaving money to my Niece and Nephew. The peace of mind that comes with having money saved is priceless.

I do treat myself. I went to Florida for a week in July and just got back from Las Vegas earlier this month.

My car is 10 years old but it runs fine. Some things are going on it. The trunk latch is broken (so I just use the key) The dash light is out, so I have a 3 blue light strip that shines on it. The power window is broken so I just open the door at drive-thrus. When that car goes I will just get another used car.

I especially hate people who feel the need to "keep up with the Joneses" and are in debt over their head.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People now seem much happier to be in debt that they once were, apart from my mortgage I've never had any debt, I prefer to buy something and go a little short that week or month rather than pay in instalments.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some people have to, and that is understandable. For a young person or a college student it is hard to save.

I was always a saver. Even when I was very young and I'd get $5 from someone on my birthday. I didn't run out and spend it right away. I'd save it until I saw something I really liked, or I'd wait until I got more money, so I could buy something even better. When I was 15 I got my first job, and saved enough money to buy my first used car. It took me a year to do it, but I had a car before I had my license. It was cool. I was the first one of my friends to have a car and I got to drive to school. :biggrin1:

When I was in my early 20's I spent a lot of money. I never had much extra money growing up, so I went a little crazy. I remember my first credit card purchase I thought "wow they are letting me out of the store without paying for this".

I never went crazy with money, but I have moments when I just love to spend. :smile: That was cool getting your first credit card. You felt like an adult, and everything seemed free until you got that first bill. :eek:

If you can save $100 a week that is around $5000 a year. $50 is $2500 a year. If you brown bag a lunch, or cut out some other things it is easy save $50 as week.

It takes some adjustments here and there, and buying what you really need, and trying not to be so impulsive when you're shopping. I love getting a good sale! :cool:

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hell, I wish I could SAVE my money I work for!!!!!!!!!!:mad: I get maybe $25 out of it if I am LUCKY..." I have to pay my mommas rent and NOW the darn light bill that my brother use to pay.." But, he has been busy with his up coming wedding. I hate WORKING!!!!!!! I don't get anything out of it!!! The little money I get is not even enough to do anything with. Like this Christamas, I could only buy the 88cent calenders from the "Longs Drugs". I want so much to see the "Loin king"..." But, that will NOT happen..........