Do you lock your doors at night?

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally Posted by arlss
for the sake of accuracy post the names and addresses of those who do not lock their doors

:lmao:

Growing up my family never locked the doors, until after my father passed away and mom became frighten. Now, I lock my doors and turn on the alarm, it is a much different world now.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I keep my doors locked nearly all the time when I'm inside. I'll leave them open when I'm working outside in the yard. I lock them if I leave, and at night. I also have a gun standing in the corner by my bed.

Not a good plan I think. A former neighbor left his doors unlocked while gardening and thieves went in the side door and stole his wallet from the bedroom. Helluva state of affairs isn't it when you can't go to the backyard without locking the house?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I must admit that I don't always lock my doors at night. It's just something that will sometimes escape my mind to do, and by the time I realize it, I'll already be in bed, or it will be the next morning, when I go to get the newspaper.:redface:

Luckily, I haven't ever been broken into while living in my own place. I've only ever experienced one break-in of my house in my life. That was when I was little, and the robbers had to hack at a solid wood door to do it while no one was home.:eek:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I lock the place when away traveling. I don't personally know anyone whose place has been broken into. I usually close the outside doors on the entry side when showering.
One vehicle, the key hasn't been removed for so long, it's no longer possible.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Never, doors always open and unlocked and quite frankly I dont even know where the key for the front door is. We have an alarm system, but I can't remmeber the code for that either.

We sleep with them open and I never lock them when I leave for work. Never have, I am very casual like that. I figure if someone wants to rob me or rape me, a lock wont stop them.

x

Honey

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Never, doors always open and unlocked and quite frankly I dont even know where the key for the front door is. We have an alarm system, but I can't remmeber the code for that either.

We sleep with them open and I never lock them when I leave for work. Never have, I am very casual like that. I figure if someone wants to rob me or rape me, a lock wont stop them.

x

Honey

First off...Amazing body. wow.

Secondly, you should always lock everything, darlin' heart! It's good to be safe. And a lock will stop people. I was woken up by someone trying to break in a year ago. He heard me thundering through the house like a rampaging rhino and beat feet. It's worth it.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem... I've always thought that searching is half the fun. Kind of like a mystery. If you're paying attention, you'd know where I am.

Okay I see what you mean, you are on Noah's Arc.(but, you spelled Arc wrong, it's not Ark):wink:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When I was a kid in the 1960s my parents locked the doors at night and when we went out. When this thread started I thought it was a silly question. I thought: these days almost everyone would certainly lock their doors at night and also when away. So I was proved wrong! To me it's unfathomable that people do that.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I was a kid in the 1960s my parents locked the doors at night and when we went out. When this thread started I thought it was a silly question. I thought: these days almost everyone would certainly lock their doors at night and also when away. So I was proved wrong! To me it's unfathomable that people do that.

When I was a kid it was the same way. The front and back doors were always unlocked so us kids could go in and out as we pleased. Nowadays if kids play outside it is normal to keep the door unlocked or open to keep and eye on them. But if not, there is no reason not to lock it.

People from urban areas (especially in the Northeast) think that keeping a door unlocked at night is insane.

the people who keep their doors unlocked at night think it's normal.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nope - the area I live in is pretty quiet and there aren't many who would venture up the path to the house when the growling and barking starts - hell, sometimes the dogs join in as well!

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I forgot to add my big bad Rottweiler Rakhan lives by my feet 24/7 .....he is much better security for me than a locked door.

And Lemont77- Thanks :)

x
Honey

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is why someone can post your address on Craigslist and some idiots will go to your house when you are not there and clean you out.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I am surprised at the number of people who leave their doors unlocked. Right now every door in my house is locked and I am inside!!! At night, I use the alarm. I don't live in a high crime area, but I feel safer for some reason. I guess it is paranoia!