• No

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I voted on yes but there are days when it is not as much a yes as a maybe.
Interesting question too.[/quote]

Thanks, especially since we have been at odds before. (I think we have, it's hard to keep up with who is who here)

I thought people may take it as a dumb question.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i prefer having an overall neutral opinion of me... it makes me able to predict my own limits and admit my mistakes better

I voted no. I can find too many things about myself not to like.

I try to maintain an accurate picture of myself and recognize that my flaws. I try to accept criticism and not be overly defensive, because you can't grow and become better without admitting that there's room for improvement.

I also try to recognize that it's OK to be flawed, and that we're all flawed, that our flaws are part of what makes us unique. But I've got some pretty serious flaws which aren't easy to forgive. It's all too easy to dwell excessively on one's own flaws, which is actually a terrible form of self-centeredness. But I find it extremely difficult to turn off the internal voice of the self-critic, especially when what he says makes so much sense.
I knew a thousand ambitions that died of laziness; weariness of nothing-to-do while everything was yet to be done.
--Edgar Pangborn, Davy (1964)

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I voted no. I can find too many things about myself not to like.
I try to maintain an accurate picture of myself and recognize that my flaws. I try to accept criticism and not be overly defensive, because you can't grow and become better without admitting that there's room for improvement.
I also try to recognize that it's OK to be flawed, and that we're all flawed, that our flaws are part of what makes us unique. But I've got some pretty serious flaws which aren't easy to forgive. It's all too easy to dwell excessively on one's own flaws, which is actually a terrible form of self-centeredness. But I find it extremely difficult to turn off the internal voice of the self-critic, especially when what he says makes so much sense.

Wow, that was very honest. I hope you can learn to love yourself, or realize that you do love yourself, only that you do not call it "love".

Could that voice be something a loved one put in your head?

I voted yes, I love myself. I am not always happy, but in general I am. I am an optimist. I am flawed too.

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think as a child, I used to love myself and my life a lot. But now, as a young adult who has gone through a fair bit amount of drama, I really don't like the person I am now nor do I like my life. I have noticed over the past few years that I have become insecure about a lot of things in my life. I need to be told that I did a good job on something even though I know that I did a good job.

I have some good days but for the most part, I think that my life sucks

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love my mind and my unique personality and perspectives on the world.

I hate my body, and my seeming inability to keep a job (keep getting fired all the time! And I think the shyness is the main reason for that now... because I don't do stupid things at work, I do my job to the best of my ability...)

I'm mainly working on overcoming the shyness now (and getting a job). Hopefully I can get into exercising more regularly as well.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I hated myself and my life a whole lot when I was younger. I used to wish I'd never been born and that I was someone else. I also became horribly depressed after I dropped out of school. Luckily, I went through a period of change around the time that I was 20 years old, which lasted for about a year, where my attitude and mood changed and I got over many of my insecurities, self-doubt, and self-hate that I'd had. I don't quite know how my change came about, but it did, and I'm ever grateful for that. I'm quite happy with myself and my life at this time, and so I'd say that, yes, I do love myself.