Do you not care to come out to new friends ?

RyanMars

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So lately I could care less to talk about my sexuality to new friends. It’s funny, I will make new friends. We will get to know each other etc and there are things that I say that can be interpreted as not being straight. Anyways I find some new friends like to poke and dig and try to get me to sort of blurt it out and come out to them lol I know what they are doing and they want me to say it but I don’t lol it just feels nice not having to come out. If it comes out organically fine. But I am over this era of having to declare my sexuality.

Any of you experienced this ?

D

deleted15577081

it's the best way. I don't think its any different to the subject of whether you eat meat or not, or are allergic to cats. It will probably come out if you all go for a meal or visit a cat sanctuary. Otherwise, no need to get a neon sign. (unless an ignorant girl starts coming onto you)

Reactions: ToryK
D

deleted1074483

agree too, its exhausting having to come out again and again especially when you don't present as what that person stereotypically sees as a gay person.

Organically in conversation is easiest - I am open that i have a male partner and make no effort to hide the fact, so if it comes up i'll not hide it.

RyanMars

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
agree too, its exhausting having to come out again and again especially when you don't present as what that person stereotypically sees as a gay person.

Organically in conversation is easiest - I am open that i have a male partner and make no effort to hide the fact, so if it comes up i'll not hide it.
It’s easier when you have a partner. I don’t and don’t care to bring it up lol

dreambridger

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I do have a tendency to overshare with a lot of friends if I'm comfortable with them, but there's other acquaintances I'd rather not approach the subject with.

people do seem to get offended though if you've not told them or accuse you of being secretive or ashamed - i'm none of those i just don't feel the need to do announcements as @chrisrobin says.
oh don't me started on those "OMG you didn't tell me you were gaaaaay" people. I'm likely to do something akin to lifting the cross and shouting "back off, demon!" at those people.

RyanMars

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
people do seem to get offended though if you've not told them or accuse you of being secretive or ashamed - i'm none of those i just don't feel the need to do announcements as @chrisrobin says.
Omg literally. I had a friend tell me that another friends thinks I am secretive bc I don’t talk about my life. And she asked that friend if I was gay. My friend told her you will have to ask him lol

For me I am not in a relationship so I hones don’t have a reason to highlight it. I am not also someone who cares to have dialogue around who is hot and not with people.

There is a gay friend we have in common who has made his whole personality about being gay. Literal walking stereotypes of gay best friend. Some of us don’t want to be the gay best friend.

D

deleted1074483

i know what you mean about 'being gay' vs 'living out a gay life' for me being gay is not a lifestyle its just a part of who i am.

That said i'm happy on or off the scene - i think its important that we do support and be part of gay action and development and certainly in my youth i happily joined in marches and demonstrations for gay rights etc. i belong to an LGBT group and we organised the local gay pride in our small town etc.

but my life is not about 'being gay' its about living an everyday life.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
^^^^^^ sexuality and sex aside, we all have the same needs and wants. I am a gay person yes, but it doesn't define me as a man, anymore than a straight guy defines himself as a man. I am comfortable in any environment. If asked directly by someone, I'll always answer honestly about my sexuality.

sundancer

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't feel the need to announce my sexuality when talking to people.. . Many people come and go in your life. So why announce it. . The ones that stay in your life, will know who you are. . And really, if you are not sleeping with these people, what difference does it make? I find that I connect with people on so many levels, maybe its motorcycles, or maybe its engines. But anyway, if it comes up in conversation, OK, I'm not hiding anything, but like one of the other posters said, you wouldn't expect a guy to walk into a room and say "Hello, my name is Brian, I am straight ,and I like chicken" so why should we announce who we are?