Do you notice straight guys treating you a bit differently if they notice that you're gay?

SillyGayBoy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have one friend who claims to be straight but I think may be gay or bisexual and I wonder about him. Nothing will ever happen between us, ever, (I'm married to a man) but I feel positive he has thought about it, and I find the way he looks at me awfully suspicious.

The biggest thing was when I made my sillygayboy youtube channel and then at work guys acted all kinds of weird around me. There were men who laughed when they saw me (I made really dumb silly videos) or they hid behind things to talk about me or watch me or might point me out to someone. I made a video of having bloody tissue pulled out of my nose after a septoplasty, totally as a joke, and it skyrocketed to 200,000 hits unexpectedly. I doubt anyone in my area has gotten something hit that high.

Had some idiot point out my channel at a martial arts place and they all got weird around me and I stopped going. Nobody ever told me, but it was obvious. That was kind of a bummer. The only sucky thing that happened. He was a moron and I came and paid for the month and told them I would keep going but never did and I think they were pissed at him for what he did. So I messed with them real good. He was just an idiot. Just made everyone uncomfortable doing that.

One married to a woman, guy I know, I feel 100% him and I have wanted to fuck since forever but it will never happened. He has made it more then obvious. This guy is not straight, but living the straight life. He doesn't even try to hide it. I have caught him looking at me so many times.

I live in an area of Arkansas which is pretty liberal except for a small amount of Christian morons, which people know to avoid. (Mostly Baptists). It's actually much more tolerant then my experience around Mexicans and my parents in Los Angeles was. They were Christians.

I do wish I had friends that we could just go skinny dipping in a way or other stuff, but this is a very non nudity area so there is no way for that to happen. Even gyms here have one shower in a locked bathroom for one person. Enjoy naked free time while you can fellas, you might move someplace where there is none. I never thought that would be so temporary. I might have enjoyed it in the city more.

aries303

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most guys who know I'm gay treat me a bit differently. I'm never "one of the guys." There tends to be a little bit of a void. Not sure how to describe it, but some guys are a little uncomfortable, so they compensate by being extra polite but give awkward one armed hugs. Some of my guy friends act super protective of me, which I don't necessarily need but I understand where they are coming from and what they are trying to do. Most of my closest friendships are all with women because those friendships are never awkward.

Reactions: hunghorse30

kr8zy

Loved Member
Media
What do you mean by "noticing"? You mean find out?

I have come out to several people at work. I don't know that any of them even remember. I don't have a significant other. I don't really get into the "gay scene", so I guess it never comes up. There are far to many other issues we all get frustrated with each other over.

I can go back to an older job, this about 15 or so years ago. This was with an Architectural company and I bet a quarter of them were gay too. I did notice there a different attitude. Not condecending or even negative, but it was kind of like you had to be the token gay friend. You (I) was supposed to be into the whole gay movement and an activist, I was supposed to be stylish. This was a firm of designers - I was always the worst dressed overweight hick from out in the sticks. I never fit that metro sexual environment. Do I miss it? Yeah, sometimes a lot. But I don't know if I could deal with that day after day again.

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sometimes I do. I don't let it bother me. There are a few guys at my gym that I believe are either straight or somewhat bicurious. I've caught them watching me and I often see them clickup to chat. Men can be just as messy as women. I know they've discussed me a few times as I've seen them come together and glance at me only to turn back to eachother and chat amongst their group with chuckles here and there. For the most part straight guys are willing to be social with me when there aren't other guys around that might think something which is cool. I get it. Outside of middle school and high school I've never had a bad encounter with a straight guy.

alex-xx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sometimes I do. I don't let it bother me. There are a few guys at my gym that I believe are either straight or somewhat bicurious. I've caught them watching me and I often see them clickup to chat. Men can be just as messy as women. I know they've discussed me a few times as I've seen them come together and glance at me only to turn back to eachother and chat amongst their group with chuckles here and there. For the most part straight guys are willing to be social with me when there aren't other guys around that might think something which is cool. I get it. Outside of middle school and high school I've never had a bad encounter with a straight guy.

What do you think they say about you?

alex-xx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most guys who know I'm gay treat me a bit differently. I'm never "one of the guys." There tends to be a little bit of a void. Not sure how to describe it, but some guys are a little uncomfortable, so they compensate by being extra polite but give awkward one armed hugs. Some of my guy friends act super protective of me, which I don't necessarily need but I understand where they are coming from and what they are trying to do. Most of my closest friendships are all with women because those friendships are never awkward.

Do they give other straight guys two armed hugs? And in what ways are they protective of you?

Reactions: malakos

linniejr

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can say that a lot of straight guys do treat me differently when they notice or realize I'm gay. More in the positive than the negative. What do I mean by that? Well most of the straight guys I know, grew up with a certain perception of how a gay guy is. Most think all gay guys are after them. Some have come right out and said, they like me, but they don't go that way (being gay). My response was I like you, but not interested in you. I've had a few straight guys get insulted because I said that.

Here is something funny. When I was in high school, I had a friend Monica whose boyfriend wanted to fight me. Why? Because he thought that I was saying I was gay so that I could get next to her. So straight guys are like a box of chocolates, some have creamed filling and other are just full of nuts.