Do you own an Ankh ? or other jewellry?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have a GUARDIAN ANGEL coin and a SERENITY PRAYER coin that I carry in my wallet.
I may get some plain, ordinary titanium ring or a platinum ring band in the future.

I don't wear too many necklaces or bracelets. If I wear something along those lines, they would have to be really special unique pieces.

I have some reflective quartz prism cube earrings. One is a reflective cobalt blue cube. I dub that one THE ICE CUBE. And I have another reflective cube earring that reflected a magenta orange and lime green colors from the light spectrum.

I like really unique jewelery.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I wear a Silver Russian wedding ring and a plain band made from Baltic Amber and Silver, I made the second one myself when I was training to become a Goldsmith, the first one has serious sentimental value. I don't believe in either of them superstitiously.

I wear them both on the same finger on my left hand, and never take them off really. I've worn them so long my finger is noticeably different to the ring finger no my right hand.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I may get some plain, ordinary titanium ring or a platinum ring band in the future.

I don't wear too many necklaces or bracelets. If I wear something along those lines, they would have to be really special unique pieces.

I have some reflective quartz prism cube earrings. One is a reflective cobalt blue cube. I dub that one THE ICE CUBE. And I have another reflective cube earring that reflected a magenta orange and lime green colors from the light spectrum.

I like really unique jewelry.

Here are some pieces that I have. The Disney pieces and the charm bracelet were my Mom's...but I got them back when she passed away so they are special. The ICE CUBE reflexive earring was my Mom's. I wear that one on very special occasions. I always liked those pair on my Mom because they sparkled and the blue flashes from the reflected light was really beautiful. Some of the peeps in the hood didn't like it when I wore the ICE CUBE. (But these peeps that think gold grilles in the mouf are haute couture.:rolleyes:)

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wear a silver cross ring which I always have on-except of course in certain medical situations where they insist they be removed (something about sparks and oxygen). At times when I have lost significant amounts of weight, I've switched it from one finger to another (too lazy and cheap to get the ring resized smaller).

For several years I wore both a star of David pendant and a cross pendant, all items were silver. I favor silver as it seems (at least for me) less obtrusive to the eyes than gold.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have an Ankh tattoo on my forearm, it's about 2 inches long.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Guess I'm strange. I don't wear any jewelry. I don't even wear a watch.

I own some but never wear any of it. December before last I met up with a friend who was going to drive us to a Christmas party here in Ft Lauderdale. In an attempt to get festive, I put in some earrings I hadn't worn in many years (just some small, plain white gold things).

As I jumped into the car, he just sat there staring at me. When I asked him what was wrong, he smirked and said: "Oh, I get it! You're Scott, Mary of Queens."

I haven't worn them since.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Guess I'm strange. I don't wear any jewelry. I don't even wear a watch.

I can't leave the house without a watch on. I even have a waterproof one for the ocean or pool. Then again, once I am in I stay in for 4 hours or more.

I don't wear rings, or bracelets or necklaces. I have some body jewelery. I had to retire my Labret (lower lip) piercing because it got swollen and formed a blister on the inside of my lip. I still have my Septum nose piercing in. I am stretching my ears too. They are a 0 gauge right now. I use Silicone, metal or Acrylic on them. And I have a P.A. :biggrin1:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What if bad things happen to you whenever you wear your ankh? Would you stop wearing it? It would be like seeing a suicide victim with a Star of David necklace. Huh?

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I no longer wear jewelry, but I used to wear a variety of pendants, a bracelet, and a couple of rings. Over the years, many pieces have been lost or became unwearable.

The bracelet, which was a coil of silver, was the first to go. It was a gift from my best friend in college. I still have it and it means a lot to me, but my wrists are no longer as skinny as they used to be, and I now find it uncomfortably tight to wear.

Here's a list of pendants I own or owned (all were silver, except for the stag):
  • a pentacle: lost somewhere in Virginia
  • a replacement pentacle: I still have it but never liked it as much as the first one, and never wore it very often.
  • an ankh, which I like but was never especially important to me, so I didn't wear it often. I still have it.
  • an "Om": This was my favorite and the one I worse most often, almost every day. I lost it a few years ago--I have no idea when or where. I assumed I had just misplaced it and it would turn up eventually, probably when I was cleaning, but it never did.
  • a crescent: This one is my second favorite. I always got compliments on it, and men seemed to notice me more when I wore it. I still have it.
  • a stag: Celtic Stag Pendent - Round (I think maybe next summer I'll start wearing this one again.)
I stopped wearing my pendants not long after I stopped wearing my rings (see below) because in spite of having worn them for several years, the silver chains began to irritate the skin around my neck.

I had two silver rings:
  • The one I wore on my right hand had a pink triangle within a black circle. I liked it, but it was nothing particularly special. I forget why i stopped wearing it.
  • The one I wore on my left hand was a pentacle. This is the only piece of jewelry I have ever owned that I never took off, even when sleeping or showering. The reason I stopped wearing it is described below.
One night in...February? March? 2006, I woke up in the middle of the night with this terrible pain shooting up my arm. This pain made the ring uncomfortable to wear, so I took it off. I didn't initially think the ring was the cause of the pain, but over the next few nights the same thing kept happening, and then my arm started to hurt in the daytime, too. Eventually I noticed that my arm only hurt when I was wearing the ring--not immediately after putting it on, but definitely if I wore the ring all day, and sometimes within a few hours. So, I stopped wearing the ring for a while. Whenever I tried to start wearing it again, the pain came back.

In April 2006 I was at a conference in Arizona. One night at dinner with my colleagues, one of them asked why I was no longer wearing the pentacle ring. I told her about the pain and she laughed and joked that the Goddess had rejected me. The thing is, I think that might be exactly what happened. Within a few months, I lost my libido (which I've written about elsewhere on this forum). Within a year I started to get depressed (and have been depressed ever since). Concurrently with the loss of libido and the development of depression, over a period of several months, I gradually lost any sense of a spiritual dimension to existence and any awareness of the Divine. I became an atheist, not because of a rationally achieved conclusion that God doesn't exist, but because my connection (if there ever was one) was broken, my perceptions changed, and I simply stopped believing.

I thought my pentacle ring was in my jewelry box, but I just looked for it and it's not there. I have no idea where it could be, but I find it rather curious/interesting/disturbing that it has disappeared.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For some reason I loose jewelry. Currently I wear the PA and the nipple barbells, I have hoop in my ear that I can't take off because I stripped the threads of the screw on back. I always wear a watch. I buy new jewelry when I see something that tickles my fancy and enjoy it until I loose it.