Do you remember these foods from the 70's??

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
CHERRY MASH CANDY BARS are still available. Go to
www.vermontcountrystore.com

They are one of my favorite candies and I order them often. VCS has other candies from earlier times. Check out their catalog and order some.

RICKY_27

Thanks for posting that I'll check it out... But I have the recipe of how to make them if anyone is interested.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not food I guess...a drink. Fizzies I think they were called. A tablet you put in water and it fizzes into like a sparkiling koolaid type drink

Fizzies!
"Its Fizzies Time!"

My son was given some as a reward at school for good behavior.
My thought was - Haven't seen them for a while. Didn't think they were still around. Well they weren't but now they are.

Here is the history of Fizzies. Tells why they went away and they are now back with a new formulation.
Original Fizzies Drink Tablets from the Victory Old-time Candy Store

And they have a website - Welcome to the Fizzies website

You can get a lot of the candy you crave from your childhood (and Fizzies)
from here - Old Fashioned Candy - Candy you ate as a kid®
or here - Welcome to the Victory Old-time Candy Store

All these foods are still available except perhaps Fluffernutter.

You don't buy a Fluffernutter - you make one!
Here are your directions.

YouTube - FLUFFERNUTTER MARSHMELLOW PEANUTBUTTER

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Fizzies came out in 1957 (I was not yet born, incidentally)

JFK's best friend, LeMoyne "Lem" Billings, came up with the idea, and the product was developed by the same company that invented Bromo-Seltzer.

Some of you are dating yourselves.............lolllllllll Fizzies you could probably go back to the sixties for those.

Noodle Roni Almondine?

A delicious dry box mix just add water milk and butter, had a dry mix to add and toasted slivered almonds.

It was delicious!! Sadly, it was discontinued in the early 80's, but it is still
possible to re-create the dish!!

And how about the ORIGINAL Chunky Chicken Soup?? With the flat noodles,
mushrooms, bits of tomato, bits of celery in a thick and rich chicken flavored
broth??

If you want the directions on making the Noodles Almondine, just post here.

All the Chunky Chicken Soups are the same as everything else these days...
Progresso, and all the other brands are the same!!

BRING BACK THE ORIGINALS!!!

I say!

:biggrin1:
Hi- I would like to have the recipe for Noodles Almondine. Do you still have it?

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
No one has yet mentioned Tang, the orange-flavored powdered drink stuff, supposedly developed for the space program. Went through gallons of that with breakfast as a kid since my dad bought that instead of real orange juice since it was probably way cheaper than the real stuff.

And I definitely remember the various TV dinners. Wednesday night was bowling night for both my mom and my dad (in different leagues) and the sitter would be left with a TV dinner to heat up for me. Some brands were pretty good, others were pretty awful.

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Also, until about 1974 you could only buy soda in glass bottles, usually 12 ounces at the most. Then the 2 liter plastics came along...

Soda pop was available in cans before the 70s but they had no pull-top or other opening device on them; you had to use one of those pointy-ended can openers. I remember beer and soda pop in cans like that when I was quite young. Pull tabs came out in the early 70s, I think.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bubble Yum, Sugar Loaf, Hubba Bubba, and Bubbilicious bubble gums.

Marathon chocolate bars. "Chunky" chocolate squares.

That wax stuff they brought out at Halloween. It was filled with blue or red "juice" (i.e., sugar water).

Vanilly Crunch, Punch Crunch, the original Cinnamon Crunch (with the bad guy Pirate avatar).

Freakies cereal.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Soda pop was available in cans before the 70s but they had no pull-top or other opening device on them; you had to use one of those pointy-ended can openers. I remember beer and soda pop in cans like that when I was quite young. Pull tabs came out in the early 70s, I think.

I really don't remember the year but I was a lifeguard when soda-pop and beer cans had these type of pull tabs, they were very sharp and really cut your foot if you stepped on one. The only upside is they could be forged into a really cool chain. (We managed to make a door cover for the lifeguard room in one summer)

Attachments

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Bubble Up soda pop with raised bubbles along the bottle.

Blue cream soda in a round 16 oz glass bottle. We would peel off the label to see who had the least tears on the label.

Jiffy pop popcorn. I remember mom telling us she was making an alien head. Remember the more it popped that foil rose and rose? Haha

Last edited:
D

deleted957600

What a fun thread!! I accidentally stumbled upon this while searching for something else.

I do remember food sticks. But after reading these posts it seems they were called Space Food Sticks.

Anyone remember Horlick's Tablets? They were round chocolate candies which came in a glass bottle and they were GOOD!!!

Three foods which I love from the 70s and can still be found today are Chef Boyardee Beefaroni, Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup and Kellogg's Chocolate Fudge Pop-Tarts.

Reactions: Ed69

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Oh, I'll pile on the necrothread.
Heartland Granola.
My mom decided to go crunchy once I was of school age, so breakfast was granola, lunch was whole wheat bread with peanut butter and alfalfa sprouts. (I eat sprouts today, but not those). Dinner was still typical meat &potatoes, until I went vegetarian in 1980.

Other breakfast options included Grape Nuts in nugget form, and Post Rasin Bran, not Kellogg's.

Reactions: Ed69