Do You Remember Totie Fields?

tommiet

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
She was a great comedienne who die early...she was such a very funny crass load of fun!!!

Attachments

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
I am very happy to see that another person remembers Totie. At 56, I date back many years. One of the things I usually received yearly as a teenager from my parents as a present was a trip to Las Vegas to the shows I really wanted to see.

I remember seeing Totie live on stage and her shows in Vegas were incredible. I had the good fortune to have enjoyed Rich Little, Dean Martin, Vicki Carr, Liberace and many others. Her death was a result of diabetes that was poorly managed and her weight.

I miss her talent and her ability to make me laugh to this day.

tommiet

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Me too Ken...me too. I used to love when she was on Merv Griffen or Mike Douglas. My Mom had an album of hers but she never let me listen to it. Must have had a few cuss words!!

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was little but recall her well. She would just be on Mike Douglas and just chat. Very funny. Her timing was incredible. I wish we had more of these type of gals in comedy. She would be a good subject of a movie

B_eleveinchbreeder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She was a great comedienne who die early...she was such a very funny crass load of fun!!!

odd u know of this women from the 60's...and u don't know robin williams...

and from what i have viewed on utube, she seemed funny, but a bit foul, and i suspect that in a show in las Vegas, I'll bet the vulgar stuff really flew.

what i thought interesting on this utbue celebrity roast of lucille ball, totie fields and Lucille ball, both heavy drinkers and smokers, died of lung cancer, and both under 70 yrs of age.
hmmm

btw...happy new year to all those celebrating rosh...
r

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

and from what i have viewed on utube, she seemed funny, but a bit foul, and i suspect that in a show in las Vegas, I'll bet the vulgar stuff really flew.

what i thought interesting on this utbue celebrity roast of lucille ball, totie fields and Lucille ball, both heavy drinkers and smokers, died of lung cancer, and both under 70 yrs of age.
hmmm

btw...happy new year to all those celebrating rosh...
r

LB was 78 when she died I believe and she died of an acute aortic aneurysm. TF was 48 and her death was because she was diabetic and had several complications.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
This is a movie scu-reaming to be made!
You ain't just whistling Dixie, Hells.
I think her biggest years were in the 70s.
She's a bit the female counterpart of Don Rickles, imo.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
everybody on the video is gone except maybe diller and the little blond georgia something. I think totie use to be on mike douglas show in the afternoons after school