Do you resent rich people?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I was in Mexico City last year and traveled between the slums and the uber rich suburbs like Polanco and San Angel and seeing the disparity of wealth between the have and the have nots I began truly resenting all the rich Mexicans who have made their money exploiting the poor in that country. There's a reason why the rich have broken glass bottle tops on their tall masonry walls surrounding their homes. It's because they are the focus of intense hatred and resentment among most of the poor there.

I began thinking of all the filthy rich people in the US I resented. Most that I know made their money as Wall Street types. Contributing nothing to the common good or benefit of society they are parasites worthy of being strung up as the aristocracy was in the French Revolution. They have actually wrecked many peoples lives and livihoods by engineering mergers and take overs that eliminated good companies and their workers.

As the divide between the haves and have nots grows in America and the middle class erodes I begin to resent these people more and more. We all have been brainwashed to think that these rich people are living the American Dream through hard work and sacrifice but I think in all actuality most I know have stolen their money legally.

Smooth88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thats generally how the rich get where they are though. Exploitation or having a certain skill set. What makes me sick though is how the system is set up so the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
horse shit.....we work just hard...all the time....not being filthy rich....but way up the ladder of being comfortable....sure....and i live well.....as a RICH AMERICAN...but i have not stole my comforts.....get a grip....looks mean little...

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thats generally how the rich get where they are though. Exploitation or having a certain skill set. What makes me sick though is how the system is set up so the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Just a note: The poor in the US are not getting poorer as a whole, but their wealth is growing at a much slower rate than that of the upper class. When the two groups' wealth grow at a similar, that is generally when the economy/country is running at its best.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was in Mexico City last year and traveled between the slums and the uber rich suburbs like Polanco and San Angel and seeing the disparity of wealth between the have and the have nots I began truly resenting all the rich Mexicans who have made their money exploiting the poor in that country. There's a reason why the rich have broken glass bottle tops on their tall masonry walls surrounding their homes. It's because they are the focus of intense hatred and resentment among most of the poor there.

I began thinking of all the filthy rich people in the US I resented. Most that I know made their money as Wall Street types. Contributing nothing to the common good or benefit of society they are parasites worthy of being strung up as the aristocracy was in the French Revolution. They have actually wrecked many peoples lives and livihoods by engineering mergers and take overs that eliminated good companies and their workers.

As the divide between the haves and have nots grows in America and the middle class erodes I begin to resent these people more and more. We all have been brainwashed to think that these rich people are living the American Dream through hard work and sacrifice but I think in all actuality most I know have stolen their money legally.

The only time I have ever resented the uber-wealthy is when they get in my way en route to something I desire. :cool: I may well be the reason there are now que lines, for the taxis, in front of the Port Authority in NYC. :redface: Back in the 80's I had a knack for moving people out of my way so I wouldn't be late for my job in the mens sweater department at B. Altman's. :cool:

But seriously, why would I resent someone with something I don't have. If I wanted it, I would work hard and get it. :rolleyes: :duh:

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i don't resent rich people. some of the nicest people i've met are wealthy, modest, and they have earned their wealth through hard work and dedication. i come from a family who came from a third world country, had absolutey nothing, worked shitty jobs, and were able to make their lives better, as well as my life too. i was fortunate to live an average middle-class life, and i'm grateful for that. although i may not come from a wealthy upper-class family, i know there are wealthy people who aren't completely hateful of others who aren't as rich as them.

if there are any rich people i resent, it's the condescending snobs who have never worked a day in their lives... the kind who believe they're better than others because they have more money and can afford luxuries. those types of people have egos size of their bank accounts. sure they may have money, but having condecending and snobbish qualities are two things that don't get very far.

monet

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you resent others for having a certain advantage you're making an excuse to not try harder, to not strive harder, sweat and bleed harder. Sure there are the rich types who are spoiled and privileged, but there are plenty of others who worked hard, studied hard, and pressed on. Lots of them started off with little as well.

We all strive and dream to be rich and well off. So, when you become rich are you going to resent the poor for not working hard when you yourself were once poor? Just something to think about. There are a lot of kind people out there. Lots of rich folks give lots of money back to the community and to charity.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

True... I don't resent the ones who are rich through their skill set, being in the right place at the right time, etc., but I do resent the Wall Street exploitative type rich people.

And yes, I resent the system and how it's set up. And the whole attitude that a lot of people have that poor=lazy. It doesn't necessarily! There are many hard-working poor people out there (like me! And I'm even educated and all, but have had problems with jobs and am not entirely sure why, although it could be due to extreme shyness, as well as having poor fine-motor skills, and can't do jobs that require a great deal of coordination and speed. And my dad - he is the hardest working person I know of, and while he's not dirt poor, he's been poor most of his life, and has been dirt poor!) I've also known poor people who have 2 or 3 jobs (and have been there myself - not 3 jobs at once, but I have had 2 jobs at once...) I even knew one who had 4 jobs (!), and got so little sleep there for a bit, due to working so much, that she passed out, and had to give up one or two of the jobs. She still kept at least 2 of the jobs though, even after that. I've not gone to that extreme, but I have had 2 jobs and have worked 60+ hours some weeks, and have also worked one job and went to school (which I'm even doing again now!) I know some, not super-rich probably, but somewhat rich, fairly well off... They do all kinds of social activities and things. I'm unable to do that because I'm always at work or school.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I only resent rich people who think that they're better than everyone else just because they have money. Money can't buy class and manners. There are many rich people who have neither.

NoFear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"All men are created equal"... only in the eyes of the law, and then it also depends on who you are /sigh.

Some people are smart some are dumb, some are hard workers some are lazy, some people are beautiful some are ugly, some are atheletic some are clumsy.... the list goes on and on... who you parents are, your health, height, charm, penis size lol

Many factors in life are uncontrollable and if you get delt a bad hand you are going to have a harder time than other people. For instance perhaps you get dealt all the right cards and one bogus card like unhealthy.... welcome to the poor house.

People who are rich got dealt a good hand and they played it well. People who get dealt sub par hands can still do well for themselves they just have to play their hands much smarter (hoping the dumb card is not in these hands lol)

Don't resent people just for the money they have.... that is just idiotic as rich people can be nice :), instead "resent" people for being cheats, snobs, liars.... those are all much better reasons.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't resent rich people at all. I don't allow them to give me a hard time over the distinctions between them and myself. Some do live an interesting life...but so do I.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There's a reason why the rich have broken glass bottle tops on their tall masonry walls surrounding their homes. It's because they are the focus of intense hatred and resentment among most of the poor there.

Yes there is a reason they do that, have you ever lived in Mexico? It's well known that if your house is broken into you never call the police. They are much more corrupt than the poor man who might have broken into your house. It has nothing to do with blind resentment of the poor.

I don't resent rich people unless they're Wallstreet criminals, or CEO's who watch the company go down and take their bonuses anyway.

People ALL have equal opportunity to fight their way up from poverty. I could cite hundreds of examples but that would get boring. I watched a Biography on 50 Cent the other night and he's one good example. He was a crack dealer (and the son of a crack dealer) who everyone said was such a sharp businessman. Eventually he turned his "hustle" into something positive and now he's a millionaire. Yes, everyone has disadvantages but anyone can make money if they're smart enough and work hard enough. I could be rich if I had followed through and worked hard enough on what I thought was a brilliant idea but I gave up on it, and now I'm working but certainly not rich.
EVERYONE in the US anyway has a shot at wealth! :unitedstates:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My clients are all very rich. I don't mean doctor or stockbroker rich. I mean fucking uber-wealthy. Able to drop 10 to 30m on a toy and 1-5m per year to run it. Over the past 20 years there have been only a few that were jerks, and those ones were the guys struggling a bit to be in the game. You know, the ones that are trying to look richer than they are.

Most of them made their own fortunes and are nice as can be personally and don't mind spreading it around. I'm very happy to know them and be friends with them. :wink:

There are some real unconscious assholes out there. This summer I met a Russian that was bragging about how he had put new engines in his yacht (it's an ugly piece of .... btw) and now he can cruise to St. Tropez doing 50mph and burns 4000 liters of diesel per hour. He was crying about the fuel in a comic "poor me" way, but really he was just bragging in the most crass way possible. I didn't resent him. I wanted to kick him in the nuts.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
there have been only a few that were jerks, and those ones were the guys struggling a bit to be in the game. You know, the ones that are trying to look richer than they are.

ya i would definitely agree with that,

it's the wanna-be's that i can't stand.

the truly wealthy and "old money" rich aren't insecure, and therefore don't have to prove anything by being assholes to the peasants.

having said that , the rich people I have the greatest admiration for are the ones that don't flaunt it at all, in fact they go to the other extreme to be low key about it. almost living "undercover". public examples of this are guys like warren buffet, who lives in the same house he bought 30 yrs ago, and the walton guy who drives an 8 yo pickup truck to work.

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I neither resent them nor worship them... I have a suspicion towards old money and how they got it. Do some research into the richest families in America and find out exactly how they got rich. Many of them are dirty scoundrels and have literally bribed and murdered their way to the top.

Power = the subjugation and dominance over others, plain and simple.

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are only strong as your weakest link, and that includes the nation economy. If you have poor and starving neighbor and they end up creating crime and disease, and stuck with no hope or education. We'll end up creating our own PLO type population that could spread disease, and raise crime rates. Patting people on the back for creating their own wealth through hard work is not enough. Whatever happen to being a team player and helping those that are less fortunate among us? If you have children starving in your neighborhood, what good is your wealth to be a thing to be proud of if you let them go starving? There is way more pride to use your wealth for the common good, then to let it go by the way of creating a division of class.

I'm talking about CEO that get tax break and corporate welfare with our tax money to give themselves bonuses and use the money to lobby against the working people fair wages with their tax money. When they pass off the burden of the failing economy to the poor then that is resentful. People who spend money in the stock have extra money to do so, the poor have no equity to lose, nor can they take on the burden of the wall street failures.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Of course I don't resent them. If they're rich because they worked hard for it: good for them. If they never worked a day in their life and have millions on their bank account: good for them, I wish I had that much money on my account. There are always some annoying rich people, as there are annoying poor people.

Everyone always complains about the CEOs getting huge bonuses.... but if they were in that position, they would take it as well. Nobody would pass that amount of money. And if someone says they would, they're either stupid or lying.