Do you resent rich people?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't resent rich people... why hate what we all wish we could be?
I just don't like those who have the money who blame their financial carelessness on those without. As if the poor is the problem, and not some bad investment advice or that last shopping splurge?

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Resent the rich? Not automatically.

But the way they got rich? Now that's a potential gold mine of resentment.

I'm going to agree with the post, and add a c) How they act towards others, now that they're rich... Complete asses? Same person? More compassionate/generous?

Sometimes, I am jealous of the rich (few friends who are rich), but not resentful of it. (well, I resent that I'm not rich)

D_Cateryke Cheesysmell

Experimental Member
Media
Seems to me every society will have rich people and poor people, just as every group of men will have hung ones and stubbies. There is no point in resenting it, any more than you should resent gravity or yellow.

Rich people aren't the problem, unless you are talking about those worthless husks of human beings who get famous by spending their daddy's money and having the paparazzi take upskirt pictures of them getting into cars. I will never resent the wealth of someone who has worked for it.

I think "evil wall street types" get a bad rap even now because so few people understand what they really do. Take Venezuela for example, Hugo Chaves says yanqui imperialists are stealing that nation's welath all the time. Their Gross Domestic Product is about $314 billion. That means if evil imperialists/wall street guys stole every cent of value from Venezuela in 2009, it would run the American economy for about eight days. I call bullshit.