Do you shave your beard?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

47boreas: Men, do you shave your beard? I do not know if its so in the US. Here in Europe some men are bearded. I shaved my beard about 35 years and now I have been bearded about 5 years. When I had three days` growth of beard it did not look so good as I have strong beard. Some people said that it looks rascal. So, it is better to be bearded.

Boreas (not my Christian name)

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

The most hair I've allowed on my face up until this year is a moustache in my 20's.  

I hate shaving. My beard is so heavy that it is actually uncomfortable.  A few months ago I grew a goatee for the first time but I just couldn't  satisfy myself with the shaping or trimming of it and finally gave up.

Three days growth on my face is almost a fully grown beard.

3. Imported

Gold Member

throb919: Had a moustache all through college and awhile after. Clean-shaven since (I hate to shave!) 'til about a year ago and now have one of those jazz-dot / soul-patch growths below my lower lip. I kind-of like the way it looks. My favorite thing about it is a buddy called it a "nut brush" (and I probably keep it now just to say that...!)

4. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I actually had a full goatee (well 3/4, I can't grow the little connector things) until yesterday, when I accidentally clipped too close on the mustache...so now it's just chin and soul patch (No, Tony, I'm NOT calling it a nut brush :D Although that is funny).

7x6&C

5. Imported

Gold Member

9cyclops9: I have a full beard. I had just sideburns when I could first grow them, then I grew the goatee thing without the moustache, and then I grew the rest. But I did shave it all clean when I had to be Daddy Warbucks in my high school drama team's production of Annie. Then I grew it back.

John

6. Imported

Gold Member

norseman: Geez, actually I AM Daddy Warbucks....without the Annie.

(Oops, that might not play well for the non-USA audience ! Daddy Warbucks was the comic book adopter/father of Little Orphan Annie and was notable for his scads of money and his fully shaved head and face.)

Previously, I had tried a full beard on and off, 'cause its really easy for me to grow one. When I shaved the dome, I tried the goatee for a while. It kinda eased the visual impact of having no hair on top, but at the same time it made me look positively EVIL, so I ditched it.
    I have to admit, I don't mind shaving, probably because I like the end result. My shaving ritual includes the base of my penis and my scrotum as well.

Norse

7. Imported

Gold Member

hard2hide: I had a full beard for 25 years. My wife suggested trimming it into a goatee 2 years ago. She loves it.

If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

8. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Tried growing a goatee to look cooler, but I soon realized that I'll look goofy not matter what is on my face! :) I usually go with light stuble and then shave on the 3rd day and start the process all over again...

9. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: my sweetboy, i DO wish he would grow it out, but he wont. i think it is Sooooo sexy!! :-*
    but he says it itches and its hot and he hates it. so he keeps it all shaved. :(

10. Imported

Gold Member

jackinman: I'm clean shaven. I've tried growing a beard but it just won't grow right.

11. Imported

Gold Member

dfox7.3x5: I have had a mustache for 32 years. I grew a full beard in 1976 and kept it until 2001, when I changed careers and wanted to look "younger" while job searching. (It didn't work. But I did find the perfect job.)

The mustache is permanent; my upper lip is so tender that it was always red from shaving irritation or full of nicks. :(

12. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: I used to grow mine but my job doesn't allow it, so has to go. I hate how my face itches like 2 days later when it's time to do it again. I like how I look with a beard... but I don't like growing it too much because it is hell to cut.

13. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

I have a very thin beard on the edge of my mandibula and a very thin moustache.

(In this very September = 4 years since I let it grow... and arrange it every 2 days... that means 731 times :p)

14. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: I went to a private high school that did not allow facial hair on the guys. In college, I never bothered to grow anything, I always stayed clean shaven. Out of college, I always thought it to be more professional to be clean shaven. About two years ago, I got the idea to grow a goatee, so I did. I think it looked pretty good and I got a lot of compliments on it. But after a couple of weeks, when it was fully grown and filled in, I nicked it shaving one day, and I decided to shave it clean. I did the soul patch thing for a few weeks, too, but decided that it wasn't really the thing I should have. I have grown a couple more goatees for a couple of weeks, and then get tired of maintaining them, so I shave again. I've been clean shaven for 6 or 8 months now, but I'm thinking that I might grow a goatee again.

15. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: I am pretty hairless in general. My hair is blonde and fine, and my stubble is very soft and almost translucent. I usually go 2-3 weeks without shaving. After about a month it'll start to look like a regular beard, but if I go that long without shaving it starts getting itchy and annoying. I tried to grow a goatee once, but I have a long, angular face, and when it finally bacame noticible it looked stupid--just made me look like a billy goat, (or the devil.)

16. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: I've got "permanent" stubble. I do let it grow into a messy beard, but it makes it easier to trim (like elsewhere ;) ) But my brothers prefer my facial hair long, but I don't. I'm just lazy.

17. Imported

Gold Member

Inwood: No, I don't shave. I've had my beard for about 23 years. It's been longer and it's been shorter but it's pretty full now if a little stylised. I get asked isn't my beard hot in the summer but I don't find it to be hot nor does it itch. I don't really find it hard to maintain either. Plus I have a shaved head so my beard kind of stands out.

Anyway, I like it.

18. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

:)I, as a rule, don't have a beard, primarily because I don't want to look like my father,(Don't ask!) and I've been told I look better without it.

19. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I am currently wearing a goatee because it makes me look less like a little kid. I still get carded all the time, though.

20. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I've heard "soul patch" used as the sprouting of hair beneath the bottom lip, which I've got, as well as a shaggier chin goatee. But you all knew that.

I'll go a few days without shaving and I'll simply come out looking scruffy. My face isn't real conducive to facial hair. It grows a bit, but then it gets itchy and I feel gross having it around.

I don't like going totally clean shaven because my chin's a little too prominent. (Hell, I need SOMETHING on my chin to balance out this wild ass 'fro on my head.)

Draft saved Draft deleted