Do You Shave Your Chest?

D

deleted1025121

Just curious how many of you guys shave your chest? And what age are you? I know some consider it "unmanly" and that hair is great. But I find if I dont trim my chest hair it just keeps growing and growing to ridiculous lengths and then I get red bumps and irritation under it. So since I was in my late 20s I've been shaving or trimming my chest to prevent these skin irritations. My dermatologist says that is odd cause normally shaving would cause the irritation but mine is backwards.

Just kinda curious if anyone else here has experienced the same thing and if anyone you're naked around gives you hassle with it. Ive even thought of lasering it off so I dont have to keep doing this...but I think it'd take 20 years to complete it.

D

deleted1025121

I trim or shave out of personal preference. I only get hair on the sternum area, it comes in quite thick and looks awful IMO, so until/unless i develop a decent coverage, I'll probably keep getting rid.
That makes sense. I have a decent amount of coverage but man it annoys me. And now that I'm getting holder its turning grey too which I'm just not a fan of. haha

Notlikeskywalker

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That makes sense. I have a decent amount of coverage but man it annoys me. And now that I'm getting holder its turning grey too which I'm just not a fan of. haha

Yeah it's preference really. It's never been commented on for me, but I can't imagine your body hair (or the removal of) should be a talking point for anyone. If it's just because it bothers you then do whatever you feel best, but don't do it because you feel embarrassed by having it.

Baldsurfer

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most of the time, I'm shaved neck-to-nuts, but except for the odd, brief "what does it look like now?" experiments, I've been shaving my patchy, unattractive chest hair for at least the last 25 years. It's just my personal preference for how I think I look (and feel) more attractive. Only time a woman has ever complained was if I was stubbly, so I try to be diligent about it.

D

deleted1025121

Most of the time, I'm shaved neck-to-nuts, but except for the odd, brief "what does it look like now?" experiments, I've been shaving my patchy, unattractive chest hair for at least the last 25 years. It's just my personal preference for how I think I look (and feel) more attractive. Only time a woman has ever complained was if I was stubbly, so I try to be diligent about it.
How often do you shave. I looked into that Nair or Nad's for Men cream but I'm seeing too many guys getting their skin eaten up by acid. I have fair skin and blond...so that worries me more.

Baldsurfer

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How often do you shave. I looked into that Nair or Nad's for Men cream but I'm seeing too many guys getting their skin eaten up by acid. I have fair skin and blond...so that worries me more.
Chest, pubes and balls usually twice a week - and if I expect sex that night, I'll do a quick touchup when I shower before a date. Arms and pits get done once a week. My body hair is pretty soft, so arms and pits don't get very prickly.

NY2NY

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I shave my chest and I'm a full-body shaver in general. Started the habit because of the sports I grew up doing.

My chest and middle of my torso is the fastest-growing hair area on my body. I shave it 2x per week otherwise it becomes noticeable. I can get away with my legs and back once a week.

sc423

Expert Member
Media
I shave from the neck down. My skin is treated better doing it. My chest is shaved but oddly its one of my last on the list to shave. I would permanently remove the hair on my legs before I would remove my chest hair. I like to keep it optional. I don't think people look less manly when shaved, but I can see how others view it that way.