Do you show affection to other men?

Joey_B: Knockout post, Gus ... once again, you're the best friend I never met, although I also recognize you because I've been fortunate enough to have a friend or two like you.

I completely relate to the gent above, where he and his buddy are both only children and have adopted each other as brothers, basically ... I could've written those exact paragraphs, pretty much. I too have that adopted brother, and when we do see each other, we hug all the time; when we can't, there's always an "I love you" or two over the phone. There's probably a degree to where we're making up for stuff we didn't already have growing up, but it's also true that we're both affectionate guys in the first place and are sort of relieved not to have to explain it (gay guys must really go through hell with this sometimes, is my impression, not that a gay man and a straight man can't be pals, but especially when young there must be a whole separate set of expectations and barriers up).

I think I said before, I'll hug pretty much anybody at least once; sometimes that's all the other person needs. I think a lot of people of any sexual persuasion acquiesce to the sex act simply to fulfill what they really want, just to be held for a while.

Once again, Gus, you're fuckin amazing ;D

DizzyGus: Had to dig this thread up AGAIN....

A few of you have PM'd and emailed asking how my teammate Danny is doing.

The rest of the boys have all gotten closer to him and he is soaking it up like a sponge. Its pretty obvious that he likes the friendships and the laughter and feeling like he belongs somewhere. And he and I have spoken a few more times since our first deep conversation and he told me that he's happy to have some guys around him that honestly like him for who he is. They're all showing him affection and attention and he's liking it a lot.

And one more thing made the rest of the boys really appreciate him: Danny scored SIX GOALS IN ONE GAME about two weeks ago!! (And to put that in perspective, it took me ALL of our last season to score NINE. :D) So the boys have all been calling him "Six" ever since and he seems to like it.

And I know you're wondering, so I'll let you know that I HAVE pinched his ass and kissed him a time or two. ;D He liked that too.

His story seems to have really hit home with some of you so I'll keep you guys updated about him from time to time.

Gus 8)

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Dear Gus,

Big guy, I DO HAVE TO THANK YOU. The stories you posted & the way you behaved gave me the idea for a novel I was writing... (and abandoned 3 years ago due to complete lack of substance).
I was reading your both texts when it hit me : « THAT WAS THE KEY ! THE HUG !!! It changed everything in better.»
So that would be the key in my book too : a hug. That will change one's life in better.  :)  :)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Raal Lexx link=board=relationships;num=1062815559;start=80#82 date=02/09/04 at 23:08:16]So that would be the key in my book too : a hug. That will change one's life in better.  :)  :)[/quote]
I just hope your book has better grammar. ;)

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hihihi,  :D JonB, it does ! Roumanian is a bit different  :p

Yesterday I re-logged to be sure I didn't post my messages in French (a.k.a. Franch). Voilà.  ;D

Anyway, THANK YOU for telling me :) In the last 2 years I repeatedly asked LPSG-ers to correct me when my English grammar went crazy. No one did it  :( Messieurs, c'est le français dans ma tête !  ;)

headbang8: [quote author=DizzyGus link=board=relationships;num=1062815559;start=80#81 date=02/08/04 at 23:06:38]A few of you have PM'd and emailed asking how my teammate Danny is doing.

The rest of the boys have all gotten closer to him and he is soaking it up like a sponge.  Its pretty obvious that he likes the friendships and the laughter and feeling like he belongs somewhere.  And he and I have spoken a few more times since our first deep conversation and he told me that he's happy to have some guys around him that honestly like him for who he is.  They're all showing him affection and attention and he's liking it a lot.

And I know you're wondering, so I'll let you know that I HAVE pinched his ass and kissed him a time or two. ;D  He liked that too.

His story seems to have really hit home with some of you so I'll keep you guys updated about him from time to time.

Gus  8)[/quote]

Gus, this is the kind of story (and you're the kind of guy) that gives lie to the myth that men are out of touch with their emotions.

Just be careful how you pronounce Danny's new nickname. You wouldn't want him to get the wrong idea. (Or would you?)

And while you're taking care of the guys around you, don't forget to take care of yourself, buddy.

With great affection,

hb8

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=DizzyGus link=board=relationships;num=1062815559;start=80#81 date=02/08/04 at 23:06:38]His story seems to have really hit home with some of you so I'll keep you guys updated about him from time to time.
[/quote]
Thanks, you're a model to us all, you really are!