Do you support transgender (formerly male) athletes competing against female athletes?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

That's a trans man.

I believe Fred is referring to trans women.

I'm generally opposed (to trans women participating in women's sports), but I'm also not a woman so I don't know that I (or Fred90) need to have a voice in the discussion.

Fred90

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's a trans man.

I'm generally opposed (to trans women participating in women's sports), but I'm also not a woman so I don't know that I (or Fred90) need to have a voice in the discussion.

So only women should be permitted to have or express an opinion on this?

thisguy805

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That's a trans man.

You are correct. I apologize. Allow me to insert the correct article.
Screenshot_20190116-220425_Samsung Internet.jpg

Some would say she had every advantage to take gold but ends up taking second place.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So only women should be permitted to have or express an opinion on this?

You're allowed to have an opinion.

I just don't think your opinion (or mine) carries much weight as this affects neither of us.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
As a woman, I support it.

1. If I was still a female athlete I would like to think I would be confident enough in my abilities to not feel slighted by the fact that someone may have a physical advantage over me. Just because someone has an advantage doesn't mean they are going to win every single competition.

2. Sports don't matter. People take it all way too seriously. In my personal opinion (which is worth jack-shit) none of it is worth the money we spend on it and the people we pay to play get paid way more than anyone actually needs to be.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
At first thought, yes, it would appear to be unfair when a former male competes in certain sports but I think that would only be true if the reason somebody underwent a transgender process was to gain a advantage in this sport, which I honestly don't think anybody would be desperate enough to do.
Imagine feeling you were born with the wrong body parts and then finally getting this corrected. Hasn't that person been dealt a rough enough deal without, after the process, to continue to be discriminated and questioned ?
I don't know, but I just think it's such a small number of individuals this applies to, we needn't make it into a big issue.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
The outrage ...is just a thinly veiled attack on transgender atheletes

When I was in college I had a girlfriend who was on track team....another who was on basketball team

So I got roped into attending these games.....you know who attends these games.....boyfiends and parents....that's it!!!!

50 thousand show up for my football games

Very few people care about female sports

The same folks to fight title 9....fight equal pay for wnba.....now turn out in droves on the transgendered athelete

No one cares about women's sports....but yet now every conservative is up in arms against the fairness of outcomes of these sports....

Is it about fairness.....I think the motivations are suspect

I am also with the tight one on this.....it's only a sport anyway.....supposed to be recreation and a pastime......way too much emphasis

Fred90

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're allowed to have an opinion.

I just don't think your opinion (or mine) carries much weight as this affects neither of us.

Cervical cancer doesn't directly affect me either, but I do advocate for treatments and cures to be found. Or should I keep my mouth shut?

Fred90

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very few people care about female sports. No one cares about women's sports....but yet now every conservative is s it about fairness.....I think the motivations are suspect.

You don't believe that females care about their sports. And if they object from having to compete against and losing to a transgender who is physically FAR superior to them, their objections are based in bigotry, is that what you're saying. Yea, I'll have to differ with you there.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a member of society I have a right to have and express an opinion.

Just because you have the right to speak doesn't mean you always should (which, if you'll scroll up, is what you asked).

Every message you spew here just adds to your self portrait of a truly hateful, miserable, bigoted, pathetic excuse for a man. I feel truly bad for anyone who has to interact with you outside of this website.

Fred90

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just because you have the right to speak doesn't mean you always should (which, if you'll scroll up, is what you asked).

Every message you spew here just adds to your self portrait of a truly hateful, miserable, bigoted, pathetic excuse for a man. I feel truly bad for anyone who has to interact with you outside of this website.

What did I communicate that is hateful or bigoted?

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
You don't believe that females care about their sports. And if they object from having to compete against and losing to a transgender who is physically FAR superior to them, their objections are based in bigotry, is that what you're saying. Yea, I'll have to differ with you there.
No I believe YOU care about female sports......you just use this to take a shot at transgendered....

Or any of the other conservative commentators who are up in arms about this.....I have never heard a peep from them about female athletics.....and now every Republican...men rights ...conservative.....is up in arms about the FAIR TREATMENT OF WOMEN???

I find it really odd how alot of these people. Up in arms about transgendered in sports are also anti feminists

Sooooo it like fuck the wage gap....fuck fair treatment in the work place ....fuck better treatment in the sciences. .fuck women's rights.....UNLESS it's an athletic event????

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's a complicated issue, it can only be answered by people, and have policies made by, people with a thorough knowledge of transpersons health and abilities.

At the beginning of transition, the transwoman will have certain physical, skeletal and muscular, advantages over biological women. But, as transition progresses the body feminizes and very shortly the only advantages will be skeletal as all masculine muscle mass and the ability to gain muscle mass are lost to the transwoman.

Where I think there should be guidelines are on how far into transition athletes are. Something along the parameters established for final transition and genital reassignment surgery. Several years of hormones therapy and the necessary mental/emotional therapy/clearance to meet transition requirements.

Do I think there is the possibility to for male athletes to abuse a system that allows full participation from transathletes? With the financial rewards, I can see the motivation for abuse. The realities of the social and financial backlash of being a transperson would dissuade most from attempting a stunt for short term gains. Transpersons face a real-life danger of persecution and discrimination just by living an uneventful life. Those same prejudices would hinder, and negate, any gains that would come from switching gender for the professional purpose only.

I also agree with Ms. TnJ... sports are made overrated. Stepping on an individuals rights to protect abstract value is kinda shitty.

ETA: WOOT! FUCKING WOOT! to SodomInsane!

Fred90

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No I believe YOU care about female sports......you just use this to take a shot at transgendered....

How did I "take a shot at transgendered"?

The message is this. If a guy one day decides that he identifies as a woman and wants to compete against women in sports, his rights as a transgender trump the rights of the women who have to compete against him/her, correct?