Do you Sushi?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Never in a million years did I think I would come to enjoy eating raw fish, seaweed and octopus tentacles but I have. I'm hooked. Luckily we have plenty of fantastic authentic high quality sushi restaurants to choose from here where nothing less than perfection is prepared and served. I went out with a few friends to eat sushi last night as I often do and realized how much I like everything about the sushi experience.

The preparation rubbing your hands and face with a warm damp cloth.

Cracking a brand new set of chopsticks apart and gently rubbing the loose bits of wood away.

That warm sake in those small cups warming and preparing your innards.

That beauty of each carefully made piece placed in it's own carefully chosen beautiful dish.

That air of freshness, cleanliness, order and purity about it all.

That melt in our mouth texture of hamachi and fatty tuna on your tongue with the slight hint of vinegar from the rice and salt from the seaweed.

The way you refresh your palate with a slice of pickled ginger, warm sake and shavings of white radish.

That perfect culinary experience crafted in one convenient bite.

That feeling of being full yet light because there is nothing greasy, fried, nor smelly.

The way you choose and pick what pleases you the most.

That clean feeling in your mouth after eating.

That occasional quick burn of wasabi thru the nose.

The hot green tea which tastes like nothingness.

That perfectly sliced orange wedge placed in its rind to refresh your breath instead of dessert.

The utter simplicity and complexity of the experience.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Never in a million years did I think I would come to enjoy eating raw fish, seaweed and octopus tentacles but I have. I'm hooked...
I'm right there with ya. I was of the, "'Man' invented fire for a reason (to cook food)" mindset, and refused to try it for the longest time. Love me some sushi now (OK, with perhaps the exception of Uni, gla-a-a-ck! :puke: :tongue: ).

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm right there with ya. I was of the, "'Man' invented fire for a reason (to cook food)" mindset, and refused to try it for the longest time. Love me some sushi now (OK, with perhaps the exception of Uni, gla-a-a-ck! :puke: :tongue: ).

I was that way too for a long time. I really didn't like the idea of eating raw fish. However, for one thing not all sushi is raw (my favorite, unagi, is cooked). Most of what I have had is cooked. I think the only raw one I've had is salmon. I like salmon a lot anyway, whether raw or cooked.

Never tried Uni, and have no desire to. Although I ventured so far as to try raw fish, I do have my limits. I don't really want to try anything that is on the TV show "Bizarre Foods", with the exception of cockels. (As far as I know, they're just a kind of shellfish that isn't very commonly served in the US...and I've had other kinds of shellfish so no problem there).

And I LOVE wasabi! Oh yeah - love anything hot and spicy!!!