DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC, too.:eek:
I now realize what an utterly failed sybarite I am.:frown1::wink::biggrin1:
My dear senor, if lusting after me makes you a sybarite, I say "BRING IT ON!"

I would have included you in my invitation, but that would be such an awfully long way to travel for a sushi lunch.

(You do realize you have an open invitation to come visit me, any time, right?)

I don't see sushi as trendy. It's definitely upscale, but not trendy. Sushi appeared in the late 70s, right after fondue and just before Thai. Prior to that you had to find a few truly Japanese places here and there. Now it's fairly mainstreamed at least here in the east. I think it was heralded by all those people tired of rumaki at cocktail parties.

What I really want in my town is a good French place. We have a bistro kinda thing but it's not haute cuisine. Everything is either New American or Italian (northern or southern). Now I like Italian but damn I don't need over a dozen of them in town this size.

And I'd REALLY love a good Asian place, not just Chinese take-out. We have FOUR of those!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
My dear senor, if lusting after me makes you a sybarite, I say "BRING IT ON!"

I would have included you in my invitation, but that would be such an awfully long way to travel for a sushi lunch.

(You do realize you have an open invitation to come visit me, any time, right?)

Ah, sweet man!
Will you play Chopin for me, DC?:cool:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Snoozan, you & MB & N_S and NIC need to join me at Matsutake Steak House in Arlington for lunch some time. One of the few places I know of that has high-quality sushi on a fixed-price lunch buffet (and they have hot foods on the buffet, too). Maybe AlteredEgo can join us...

It has a variety of maki and nigiri, and raw & cooked fish and some vegetable sushi (the cucumber rolls are exquisite!)

Have you been to Todai Sushi in Fair Oaks Mall? They are extremely popular and for good reason. They have an enormous variety of different sushi rolls, a smaller selection of Nigiri, pho and crepes made to order, a wide selection of hot foods including Japanese, Korean, Chinese and American fare, and some interesting desserts. Plus they're one of the few sushi places I've been to in Northern Virginia that employs real Japanese people. Only problem is that they are always crowded even though the prices continue to climb. Last time I was there it was $29 per person for the buffet, though they do have $2 glasses of wine.

Tsunami in Fair Lakes (formerly Arigato) has a sushi lunch buffet that is not as good for less than $15/person I think. Wok n Roll Cafe in Manassas also has a decent all-you-can-eat buffet that includes sushi, though their hot Chinese dishes are the main attraction. The sushi selection is very basic.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:biggrin1: Mmm, fried catfish. :cool: If only you were straight, single; and in Georgia you would be the perfect man. :wink::biggrin1:

Well, you are gonna have to deal with gay, single and in Asheville, NC. :smile: I am imperfect but I can fry some catfish...with the right amount of cajun spice, garlic powder, onion salt and pepper. :smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yep, the Japanese are well-known for their poor health caused by their unhealthy diet. :rolleyes:

Putting all your meat through a blast furnace before you stuff it down your gullet is only really necessary if you eat contaminated, incorrectly handled or poorly prepared meat.
Very good point. Once again you give me food for thought.......:smile::wink:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have you been to Todai Sushi in Fair Oaks Mall?
<...>
Plus they're one of the few sushi places I've been to in Northern Virginia that employs real Japanese people. Only problem is that they are always crowded even though the prices continue to climb. Last time I was there it was $29 per person for the buffet, though they do have $2 glasses of wine.

Tsunami in Fair Lakes (formerly Arigato) has a sushi lunch buffet that is not as good for less than $15/person I think. Wok n Roll Cafe in Manassas also has a decent all-you-can-eat buffet that includes sushi, though their hot Chinese dishes are the main attraction. The sushi selection is very basic.
I've not been to either of those places. I usually just wait, and get my sushi fix when I make a trip to Ballston. The food is good, the buffet is $15 per person, and all the staff are Japanese (except the hostess, who is mongolian.)

Tawse and I did go to that place on Rt 50, Yilmi Japanese and Korean restaurant. The food was OK, but WAY expensive!

I'm gonna stick with Matsutake when I want sushi. It's just too good to pass up when I have the chance to go there.