Do you think google has

the ability to track and steal original ideas? Do you think google may possess a technology so that if you type an idea or whatever into the search bar there are mechanisms in place to reroute it to a place where it can be analyzed further?

There are a number of things google has been caught out doing that have been against privacy laws of different countries. Call me paranoid, but I try not to use google to search, to check out if an idea has been created before. If I do, I try to do it in an ambiguous way.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are a number of things google has been caught out doing that have been against privacy laws of different countries

Think Google are quite funny myself, abusing privacy laws to some degree, and getting away with it
LOVE Google for checking my spelling on occasion, dictionarys take tooo long to load ( dial up) ha
G mail are also pretty crazy, comming up with funky features, but i love the convenience & speed of using it still
Overall, i dont mind at all living with Google and there cranky ways haha, suitsme nature.
Fck the overkill of Privacy.......... we were all honest buggers back in the day, them days are gone now ha
2012 and all .. get with the times V and shake yr booty........
yahoooooooooooo ...... is absolute Crap.
Hotmail original and defunct-ish

There are a number of things google has been caught out doing that have been against privacy laws of different countries

Think Google are quite funny myself, abusing privacy laws to some degree, and getting away with it
LOVE Google for checking my spelling on occasion, dictionarys take tooo long to load ( dial up) ha
G mail are also pretty crazy, comming up with funky features, but i love the convenience & speed of using it still
Overall, i dont mind at all living with Google and there cranky ways haha, suitsme nature.
Fck the overkill of Privacy.......... we were all honest buggers back in the day, them days are gone now ha
2012 and all .. get with the times V and shake yr booty........
yahoooooooooooo ...... is absolute Crap.
Hotmail original and defunct-ish
Dont have any issues with privacy rb, I have a face pic on here :), among others.

It's the having an idea that might be original and using google to research it. With the programs the way they are I was wondering if it were possible for them to pinch ideas using technology that may or may not exist. Maybe they have things/ideas that interest them (google) and have tags in place that zero in on why a detailed search is being made of something? If that makes sense?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah matey, i got y the first time, that's why i was saying theyre fn crazy, i was virtually saying wi out saying i am sort of like you, thinking they have folk there who nick ideas and improve / fck em up a bit etc
yep agree wi that part V ........

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
from a tech tips article, i receive..............

cant work out how to post a link to it, if i did, you MAY,get into my gmail accnt haha

Tech Tips [ Is Google Putting Your Privacy At Risk?
WorldStart Tech Tips 02-03-2012
In The News 02-03-2012
Your Weekly Update In The World Of Technology

Microsoft Takes Aim At Google (And Its Privacy Concerns)

It looks like Microsoft is taking some shots at Google’s less than popular privacy policy changes. The policy changes include Google taking user data from all of its services, such as Gmail, YouTube, and Search, and sharing activity between all of them. What that means is the items you search for, the content you email, and the videos you watch on YouTube will all be collected and stored together. The reasons for the change in data sharing are focused on delivering better and more personalized results, but also delivering more targeted ads.

Microsoft is taking a stance and running a series of ads in major newspapers in response to Google’s policy changes. The goal? Forget Google and start using Microsoft services instead. The ad includes large text at the top stating “Putting people first.” The purpose is to convince people that their personal information isn’t exactly safe with Google anymore, and that Microsoft cares more about its users. The ads will be ran in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and USA Today.

~Mike

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
the ability to track and steal original ideas? Do you think google may possess a technology so that if you type an idea or whatever into the search bar there are mechanisms in place to reroute it to a place where it can be analyzed further?

There are a number of things google has been caught out doing that have been against privacy laws of different countries. Call me paranoid, but I try not to use google to search, to check out if an idea has been created before. If I do, I try to do it in an ambiguous way.

The short answer you're looking for is YES.

Google has been watching/stealing everything you enter for many years now. It was funded by the NSA from the start and is still being funded by them. It also recently changed it's privacy policy and it's not in your favor. But Google is portraying it as "making it easier for you", making it seem like they're the good guys so that you'll trust them more and give up more of your information that you wouldn't give to anyone. They are also selling your information to whoever can afford it.

If you want a truly private search engine, use ixquick.

Just remember that Google is evil and not your friend.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Checked that out, and wiki, seems impressive, will give it a blast for several months, perhaps permanently
Thanks Eagle, had NEVER heard of it before, and sort of pride myself in being a smart-ass, know it all hah

The short answer you're looking for is YES.

Google has been watching/stealing everything you enter for many years now. It was funded by the NSA from the start and is still being funded by them. It also recently changed it's privacy policy and it's not in your favor. But Google is portraying it as "making it easier for you", making it seem like they're the good guys so that you'll trust them more and give up more of your information that you wouldn't give to anyone. They are also selling your information to whoever can afford it.

Thanks EC, they have been guilty in assisting the Chinese government at the risk of losing their market also.

from a tech tips article, i receive..............

cant work out how to post a link to it, if i did, you MAY,get into my gmail accnt haha

Tech Tips [ Is Google Putting Your Privacy At Risk?
WorldStart Tech Tips 02-03-2012
In The News 02-03-2012
Your Weekly Update In The World Of Technology

Microsoft Takes Aim At Google (And Its Privacy Concerns)

It looks like Microsoft is taking some shots at Google’s less than popular privacy policy changes. The policy changes include Google taking user data from all of its services, such as Gmail, YouTube, and Search, and sharing activity between all of them. What that means is the items you search for, the content you email, and the videos you watch on YouTube will all be collected and stored together. The reasons for the change in data sharing are focused on delivering better and more personalized results, but also delivering more targeted ads.

Microsoft is taking a stance and running a series of ads in major newspapers in response to Google’s policy changes. The goal? Forget Google and start using Microsoft services instead. The ad includes large text at the top stating “Putting people first.” The purpose is to convince people that their personal information isn’t exactly safe with Google anymore, and that Microsoft cares more about its users. The ads will be ran in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and USA Today.

~Mike
Basically advertising is paying for googles profits, supposedly. We are the users who type into their search bar for free. Not even the air we breathe will be free soon, carbon tax arriving shortly.

Google is fucking you in the taters.
Those taters come from Ol' McGoogles farm, I'm told by a reliable source I found on google.

Ol' Mcgoogle had a farm ei ei ei o,
and on that farm they had the internet ei ei

Last edited by a moderator:

bobbyboyle

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I can't see how this in particular would be possible. Algortihms aren't intelligent entities.

I can't see how this in particular would be possible. Algortihms aren't intelligent entities.

It's just that tag words are used for searches on websites, even google now is predictive when you are typing in for a search. Your computer has an IP address, so would it be that hard for a multi million dollar company, track what you are searching?

Do you know exactly what is in all the software you download, every little Algorithm in it's makeup? Who they are owned by?

It's just that tag words are used for searches on websites, even google now is predictive when you are typing in for a search. Your computer has an IP address, so would it be that hard for a multi million dollar company, track what you are searching?

If you were to type in something that is not predicted, would not that then be something stored for google to look into?

Do you know exactly what is in all the software you download, every little Algorithm in it's makeup? Who they are owned by?

Apologies, clicked the wrong clicker.