Do you think males or females enjoy sex more?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Men have absolutely no idea how powerful an orgasm can be. Seriously. I'm sure that you enjoy your orgasm, but there is no way it can compare.

I have a fairly good idea, and that is why I have no doubt that most women can enjoy sex far more than most men. Whether they are allowed to, encouraged to, psychologically and physically able to, are different questions.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
I think people who are very sexual enjoy sex more, I don't think it has anything to do with being a man or woman.

^ same here. i completely agree. i know lots of women who enjoy sex more than men and vice versa. the focus here should really be about individual sex drives and libidos, rather than which sex enjoys getting it on more or less.

D

deleted356736

Men have absolutely no idea how powerful an orgasm can be. Seriously. I'm sure that you enjoy your orgasm, but there is no way it can compare.

Of course, a lot depends on the partner. That much I know. If Cap ever leaves me I will hire the most powerful attorney I can find to get custody of his tongue. Case closed.

EllieP,
I am now aware of the differences, and I think I understand your experience. I did training in Tantric sex in one-on-one workshops quite some time ago. I don't use Tantric to prolong intercourse to the limits of boredom, but that training unleashed a new and powerful version of orgasm for me. My orgasms before my training I would rate as about a 3 or 4 out of 10, and now they are consistently 7 or 8 out of 10. It's much more whole-body and less genitally-focussed, which is how women have described their orgasms to me. By comparison, the typical male orgasm could be described as a 'genital sneeze'. Pleasant and releases sexual tension, but not immense waves of pleasure that cascade right through your entire being.

After, I don't have the typical post-orgasmic sleepiness either, which makes it easier to get into it again.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, it seems that females enjoy it more than males in my opinion; I don't know really though. Who do you think enjoys sexual contact, or even masturbation, more?
Women have multiple orgasms, need I say more. :cool:

I don't have problem with enjoying sex. I have problems with the men I have sex with. But I am not out there sleeping with men without discretion. I make the wrong selections. Or maybe I am just wrong for the men I am with. It does get tiring though. Frustrating.
We must be Wonder Twins separated at birth, cause we seem to have the exact same issues when it comes to men. :redface:

I tend to think women enjoy good sex more than men do. But I think that for most women, good sex is harder to come by than it is for most men, if you follow me.
Right you are. :wink: Shall I follow you to the bedroom? :naughty:

D

deleted356736

One thing about men is we do have a high sex drive, and we derive great satisfaction from the release of our sexual tension. Women do, of course, but the male sex drive is typically on a two or three-day cycle, whereas the female sex drive has been measured on a ten-day cycle.

This release of sexual tension makes sex very enjoyable for us. The other thing about sex with a partner is that there is more than orgasms (number and size) to make sex special. Who doesn't enjoy holding your partner, feeling them respond in your arms, having them hug and caress you, being the only couple in the world for that time together? The whole thing is what makes sex special, not just orgasmic capability (says he who has learned how to have bigger orgasms and multiple orgasms also).

But truly, enjoy what you have whenever it's appropriate or possible, because ill-health and other issues can cut it short (I came close here too). So don't say 'no', say 'yes', and don't keep putting sex off, because we never know what the future may bring.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
One thing about men is we do have a high sex drive, and we derive great satisfaction from the release of our sexual tension. Women do, of course, but the male sex drive is typically on a two or three-day cycle, whereas the female sex drive has been measured on a ten-day cycle.

The rest of your post is somewhat spoiled by the unfounded (or unsourced?) statements in this paragraph.

D

deleted356736

The rest of your post is somewhat spoiled by the unfounded (or unsourced?) statements in this paragraph.

It comes from a thesis I did some time ago, and I have the source somewhere. But it was a ten-day cycle for women once things settle down as a couple, which is why there can be disharmony in long-term relationships. Men typically want sex more often than their wives, so the best is to compromise such that women have sex more often than their underlying desire, and men compromise on their underlying frequency as well.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Men typically want sex more often than their wives, so the best is to compromise such that women have sex more often than their underlying desire, and men compromise on their underlying frequency as well.

Or you could just have four partners. But then they'd probably all be horny at the same time. Or maybe even, have sex with other men :eek:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
It comes from a thesis I did some time ago, and I have the source somewhere.

Fine, fine. But that's right up there with 'your cheque is in the mail'. :biggrin1:

Anyway. I was more amused by your first sentence - nearly all of my ex girlfriends had higher sex drives than mine. Generalizations like that make it hard to take whatever is built on them seriously.

vergax

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have not read the thread and chances are my opinion is by now a repeated one, but still, I post it:

Men are naturally more propense o thinking more often about sex but there are women who are like men in this aspect.

When it comes to enjoyment, it really depends on the women's openess to enjoy the act, when that happens, I tend to believe women have a physical capability to enjoy more sexual sensations than men, but I can't prove that, it is just my instinct what tells me that when I thinkof women I know who really know how to enjoy their fucks.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
''depends on women's openness''?

it depends on a lot more than just that.
scientists have even found that lots of women don't have a g-spot. that's nothing to do with openness. it's also been suggested that clit to hole distance makes a big difference too. that's not to do with openness either.

some women are physically capable of feeling greater sexual pleasure than others.
it pisses me off that those who feel less are assumed to have issues.

D

deleted356736

Fine, fine. But that's right up there with 'your cheque is in the mail'. :biggrin1:

Anyway. I was more amused by your first sentence - nearly all of my ex girlfriends had higher sex drives than mine. Generalizations like that make it hard to take whatever is built on them seriously.

First sentence stated that we men have high sex drives and women do too, so I don't see what's amusing about that? In my case I have a high sex drive and it's more-or-less matched by my wife. In some cases, a women's sex drive will be higher than her partners, which is what averages are all about.

As regards the ten-day cycle, it was a long time ago and it applied to Anglo and European women. The major part of the thesis looked at cultural (not racial, that's different) aspects of sexual expression by way of anthropological studies. I discovered that there are significant cultural differences in terms of sexual openness, frequency, enjoyment and so on (no surprises there) for both men and women. While women in some cultures were (and are) extremely sexually expressive, we did not find a culture where women had a consistently higher sex drive than men, and at best both genders were equal.

Being an anthropological study, most cultures did not link sex with pregnancy, which obviously has an impact on how women view sex. Once this linkage is made, every sexual encounter can lead to pregnancy, which causes women to ration sex and to have a bigger consideration of sex partners. This is to avoid being continually pregnant, or to avoid having a child with an unsuitable partner.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You have issues.

i'd say someone going around in a forum insulting women because of their opinion on a discussion has a TON of issues.

also, to imply that all women who feel less sexually and get less out of sex in general are "frigid, grumpy, tactless, cold hearted bitches" is fairly sad, too.

Last edited: