Do you think something like this could've happened in pre-abolition America?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Smooth88, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    This is a fictitious story on literotica. But I want to analyze the situation given the state of race relations today. Do you think a situation like this could of happened where the slavemaster's wives and daughters use their authority for sexual favors during pre-abolitionist times? It's pretty common knowledge for those who've studied history that many slavemaster's raped or had affairs with their female slaves and even produced children.

On the Plantation Ch. 01 - Interracial Love - Literotica.com

On the Plantation Ch. 02 - Interracial Love - Literotica.com

I did not write this story all credits to the author.

2. invisibleman

Gold Member

3. naughty

Gold Member

THough there were very dire consequences, it did happen. SOmetimes the offspring were given to slave families, sometimes they were killed and in certain states such as Virginia the offspring of a white woman were free born known as "Free issue" THough most of those happened during the time of indenture early on in the country's history. Yes, to some degree "Mandingo" and "Drum" had elements of truth.... I just hate that all of this continues to be sources of titillation for some.

4. Anyjoe

Anyjoe Active Member

Albums:

It is common historical knowledge that President Thomas Jefferson father a child with one of his slaves. google it.

5. hsarge

Gold Member

I think the best is the late segregationist Senator from South Carolina, Strom Thurmond, who fathered a child with his family's housekeeper. He supported the child on the QT, but had the hypocrisy to do everything in his power to maintain segregation, even splitting the Democrat Party in 1948. He ran on the Segregation Party ticket taking a few Southern states. He was one of the filibustering senators who consistently blocked something as basic as an 'Anti-Lynching Law'. While slaves and indentures were involved in sex, it was as 'property' not a person. I experienced the South in the 60's; I can only imagine how bad it was from 1876 (end of reconstruction) until then.

6. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    I meant sexual relations between slave men and the slavemistresses. White Women.

7. the_reverend

Gold Member

WHAT??????

:eek:

it can't be true! it just can't be!

8. hsarge

Gold Member

Jefferson fathered 3 daughters with a slave, Sally Hemmings. As ambassador to France Sally acted as his hostess for diplomatic dinners. Jefferson attempted to emancipate his daughters upon his death, but I don't believe he succeeded. Just a few years ago, DNA proved that the Hemmings children were Jeffersons and the Jefferson family recognized it (although some tried to claim it was Thomas Jefferson's brother because of mitocondrial DNA).

9. hud01

Gold Member

How about posting this in the story area?

10. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    1. I didnt write it.

2. I posted this not for people to wank on it (even though you're free to do so and I did a few times myself) but to reflect and analyze the period, the relationships between race and if this situation could've happened. (Maybe slightly less raunchy)

That being said I wish I could go back in time and with my wit and charm and smarts and maybe with a couple friends have or way with a 2 slavemistresses and their daughters and all of their orifaces.

11. D_Czarova Zucchini

D_Czarova Zucchini New Member

right.

check the links above :wink:

12. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    I know. I mean for the people misinterpreting the meaning of the first post.

13. Principessa

Gold Member

Of course it's possible, actually it's probable! :rolleyes: :duh: How do you think the legend of the big dicked, black, Mandingo buck came about? All it takes is one African with an above average penis to start the rumor mill running. :frown1:

14. naughty

Gold Member

I would like to make a correction here. Sally Hemmings was not a slave. After her time in Paris with the Jefferson family she was freed. She returned home for whatever reason and her brother accompanied her as well on Jefferson's recall to the US.
    Up until the DNA tests were conducted this subject served as a litmus test for Jeffersonian scholars.
    The latest and most comprehensive work discussing this is the 2009 Pulitzer prize winner for History "The Hemming of Monticello." CHeck it out.
    I just want to say that the whole titiillation factor surrounding ante bellum period interracial sexual relations only continues to create mythology and minimize the serious nature of inequities in power and status when attached to sexuality.

15. Onslow

Gold Member

I am pretty certain it did happen and a lot more than would have been admitted at the time. Newpapers were owned primarily if not all by men at the time and no man would want it known that their wife or the wife or daughter of any other white man was attracted to and having sex with a black man so it would never be published information. I do wonder how many white women of the time had a child and then had to explain why it was clearly obvious not the child of their husband. Those women were perhaps sent away and the child then turned over to the slavery as well when considered old enough to work~~which was about 4 or 5 years old.

Sex is as old as the mountains and sexual desires from women for men are just as commonplace as of men for women and there were probably a number of prim and proper plantation wives and daughters seeing the slave as a big muscular stud they had to have and then using their position and threatening the man with all kinds of punishment from whippings to seperationing them from their children and family which was another disgraceful thing about slavery how the family would get broken apart by selling off a husband a wife or a child.

Draft saved Draft deleted