Do you think straight men or gay/bi men are more responsible in regard to condom use?

rrkrd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As a gay teenager i tried to play it straight having a lot of sex with women. I always used condoms but as a result of a condom breaking I became a daddy at age 18.Today I have a straight son aged 16 who I know is sexually active and I pray to God that he will become a dad when he is ready.
I am now out as a gay man and father and once again the use of condoms seems to be imperative in most sexual situations.

I guess you could say ive seen it from both sides now. Some gay men are very responsible in using condoms, fearing the HIV virus; others are not. Straight young men fear getting a girlfriend pregnant;others shrug their shoulders and say its the girls responsibility.

So who has it easier? Who is more responsible? The gay man or the straight man?

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I hate condoms.

A lot.

Though I try to be careful.

A few hours of pleasure ins't work 18-21 years [maybe more] of headaches.
Or a disease.

:biggrin1:

Marc

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was really stupid about not using condoms with women in college. I'd rely on their assertion that they were on the pill or using a diaphragm when, for disease prevention purposes, I should have used one. I had one girlfriend who didn't want to use them, even though I was perfectly willing, so we used coitus interruptus as our method of birth control for about a year until we had a pregnancy scare.

And, come to think of it, since it is my current method of birth control, about once a year I'm stupid about not using one while getting carried away with the moment. If I were to have intercourse with a guy (and I really hope I'm not irresponsible enough to do that, given that I'm married to a woman), I would definitely use a condom.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
On the STD front, Gay bars are far better at telling people about safety. Every gay bar i have been to, gave free lbe and condoms to people. Straight bars dont do this.

Does this reflect on gay and straight guys being more safe? Probably not, but STDs are on the rise in the UK, and thr majority of cases were in straight people.