Do you think that being polyamorous is a good thing or a bad thing for gay male community

Isiahsin434

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have noticed a lot of gay men especially hot attractive muscular gay male couple are in polyamorous relationship with other gay men You have some people say that it is disgusting you have some other people say Its a good thing for relationship

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have noticed a lot of gay men especially hot attractive muscular gay male couple are in polyamorous relationship with other gay men You have some people say that it is disgusting you have some other people say Its a good thing for relationship

Since most people don't do monogamy or polyamory right at all (the former usually being a pretense against being a mega slut and the latter usually being a mega slut without any structure), that question is hard to answer. But I will say this, heteronormative monogamy is the worst model for gay male relationships ever and when paired with neoliberalism, it's a recipe for disaster that is coming up aces all over. Two men cannot make it alone in the world with no support, and neither can a man and a woman. Our community is down to couples in condos and singles in shingles. Our social lives are ever more work constrained for less pay, our events are narrowed to seasons, and our bars and institutions are flagging under heavy rent, lack of innovation, and the drift of new young queers of colour away from racism and tired tropes in Villages around the world. Our press is dead, more or less, and the light in the tunnel announcing the beginning of the end of the AIDS crisis has not brought our sexual revolution back from the dead. Tina Gina and Molly are making a mess, and education is uneven in regions and our history is forgotten even as we TD Float our Pride into Profit. However, poly relationships offer a bigger family unit, more intergenerational potential, knowledge and resource transfer, sexual freedom and exploration, love in different measures and different stages, and mutual support around common issues and life milestones. I am poly in the end, and where that leads me, dunno.

Isiahsin434

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since most people don't do monogamy or polyamory right at all (the former usually being a pretense against being a mega slut and the latter usually being a mega slut without any structure), that question is hard to answer. But I will say this, heteronormative monogamy is the worst model for gay male relationships ever and when paired with neoliberalism, it's a recipe for disaster that is coming up aces all over. Two men cannot make it alone in the world with no support, and neither can a man and a woman. Our community is down to couples in condos and singles in shingles. Our social lives are ever more work constrained for less pay, our events are narrowed to seasons, and our bars and institutions are flagging under heavy rent, lack of innovation, and the drift of new young queers of colour away from racism and tired tropes in Villages around the world. Our press is dead, more or less, and the light in the tunnel announcing the beginning of the end of the AIDS crisis has not brought our sexual revolution back from the dead. Tina Gina and Molly are making a mess, and education is uneven in regions and our history is forgotten even as we TD Float our Pride into Profit. However, poly relationships offer a bigger family unit, more intergenerational potential, knowledge and resource transfer, sexual freedom and exploration, love in different measures and different stages, and mutual support around common issues and life milestones. I am poly in the end, and where that leads me, dunno.
Thank you

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

People can do what they want, but don’t go out calling it love. The thing is, the gay community doesn’t know what love is. You could have enough love to fill an ocean but it still won’t mean anything to someone who is as shallow as a puddle.

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just to be clear, polyamory is a relationship where you are emotionally and physically involved with more than one person. This is different from an open relationship where you are emotionally involved with one person but sexually involved with multiple people with their consent to do so.

I believe there is no right or wrong. Just varying degrees of complicated.

Relationship anarchy is where it's at now. It's very liberating to practice relationship anarchy.

The biggest thing which I think is a problem with LGBTI people is toxic monogamy and heteronormativity. Being in a same sex relationship is totally different than being in a heterosexual one. Also you can be sexually exclusive without ascribing to monogamy (I'm including all three types social monogamy, sexual monogamy, emotional monogamy when I use the term monogamy in this context).

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The biggest thing which I think is a problem with LGBTI people is toxic monogamy and heteronormativity. Being in a same sex relationship is totally different than being in a heterosexual one.

What does a homosexual relationship have to do with the notion of heteronormativity? What I'm acquainted with is the term referring to heterosexual relationships being treated as a societal standard, and relating to other arrangements as deviating from this standard. Whether there is any validity to having such a standard or not, I don't understand how a homosexual relationship in itself could have anything to do with social reverence for or expectation of heterosexuality.

Also you can be sexually exclusive without ascribing to monogamy

What do you mean? How are you defining these terms? I'm accustomed to the two being synonymous. And I just checked the definition of monogamy and it basically is referring to a committed exclusive arrangement with one partner.

What does a homosexual relationship have to do with the notion of heteronormativity? What I'm acquainted with is the term referring to heterosexual relationships being treated as a societal standard, and relating to other arrangements as deviating from this standard. Whether there is any validity to having such a standard or not, I don't understand how a homosexual relationship in itself could have anything to do with social reverence for or expectation of heterosexuality.

Just look at marriage equality and how same sex couples are assimilating into heteronormativity through marriage.

What do you mean? How are you defining these terms? I'm accustomed to the two being synonymous. And I just checked the definition of monogamy and it basically is referring to a committed exclusive arrangement with one partner.

Malakos do you actually research or do you just consult a dictionary to get answers? Biologists actually define monogamy in three ways, social, sexual and genetic. When I included the term 'emotional' I'm using a definition of monogamy which is known in the poly communities.

Being sexually exclusive is not synonymous with monogamy.

Also monogamy is about control and power, it has nothing to do with respect, equality, commitment or consent.

Wish maker

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Gay people fight for marriage equality and live in open relationship. These people's are really disgusting. These people can't understand the fact that they are encouraging the future gay adults to be open . I support monogamy because marriage and sex should be within two people. God love gay people until they are in monogamy

Reactions: JCEO

Isiahsin434

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gay people fight for marriage equality and live in open relationship. These people's are really disgusting. These people can't understand the fact that they are encouraging the future gay adults to be open . I support monogamy because marriage and sex should be within two people. God love gay people until they are in monogamy
Straight people are a non monogamous relationships too And there’s heterosexual people who are in polyamorous relationships as well heck the Mormons do polygamy and the funny thing in the Bible they say that was OK

Wish maker

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
There are more gay kids in this world .we have teach them " relationship is between two persons " and not "sexual relationship with every one you see on the road".please think practically guys. Thank u

We gay people should fight against this demonic open relationship culture to protect our future community from aids.

Open relationships are not demonic.

Heterosexuality is the opiate of the masses.

Heteronormative model monogamy is the real demonic control.

Wish maker

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I am not supporting Bible quotes especially against homosexual. Homosexuality is seen everywhere in natural. Gay people should build a family by staying in a monogamy relationship. Guys its a true survey that people who are in open relationship faces more homophobia

Reactions: Michel Foucault