Do you think that being polyamorous is a good thing or a bad thing for gay male community

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am not supporting Bible quotes especially against homosexual. Homosexuality is seen everywhere in natural. Gay people should build a family by staying in a monogamy relationship. Guys its a true survey that people who are in open relationship faces more homophobia

Do you have a link for that survey?

Monogamy for our species is actually not natural. You could even argue polygamy is the natural order for our species. Biologically, a woman once fertilized is unable to have any more babies for 9 months or more. Whereas men can easily impregnate many women each day.

I am personally a monogamous person. That is my preference but I think it's hard to prescribe what others should do based on biology or beliefs.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you have a link for that survey?

Monogamy for our species is actually not natural. You could even argue polygamy is the natural order for our species. Biologically, a woman once fertilized is unable to have any more babies for 9 months or more. Whereas men can easily impregnate many women each day.

I am personally a monogamous person. That is my preference but I think it's hard to prescribe what others should do based on biology or beliefs.

I like your post. Yes your first comment about a previous post relates to an opinion not research. Our species is more monogamous than some other primate groups. Some reasoning behind this is related to the fact that human babies are very defenceless for a long time while the amazing human brain develops, so longer term commitment by the parents would benefit the offspring. That said, single parents are often able to do an equal job.

It is natural for humans to have sex for pleasure which would benefit the gene pool for the species. However the earth can only support about 4 billion - half of the current total so the straights are literally fucking it up for us and life on earth but they also have generated the fab population of gays too lol.

You could add to your arguments though that women who are pregnant or have recently given birth may still choose to have sex with multiple partners.

I belive we can only make choices about our own behaviour. We cant choose for our partners even if we want too.
Regarding other comments in the thread please remember gays can be just as homophobic, racist and misogynistic as other groups. I'm also skeptical about the existence of a gay 'community'. If it exists it is as diverse as any other community with the whole range of human virtues and less attractive elements. There is no reason why all gay people should have one view on the topic.

Reactions: Andrue

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like your post. Yes your first comment about a previous post relates to an opinion not research. Our species is more monogamous than some other primate groups. Some reasoning behind this is related to the fact that human babies are very defenceless for a long time while the amazing human brain develops, so longer term commitment by the parents would benefit the offspring. That said, single parents are often able to do an equal job.

It is natural for humans to have sex for pleasure which would benefit the gene pool for the species. However the earth can only support about 4 billion - half of the current total so the straights are literally fucking it up for us and life on earth but they also have generated the fab population of gays too lol.

You could add to your arguments though that women who are pregnant or have recently given birth may still choose to have sex with multiple partners.

I belive we can only make choices about our own behaviour. We cant choose for our partners even if we want too.
Regarding other comments in the thread please remember gays can be just as homophobic, racist and misogynistic as other groups. I'm also skeptical about the existence of a gay 'community'. If it exists it is as diverse as any other community with the whole range of human virtues and less attractive elements. There is no reason why all gay people should have one view on the topic.

I believe that we are communal species because of the time required to mature. Not necessarily monogamous for that reason.

An alpha male can have several females raising his offspring. In tribal communities the women often work together to raise all the children. He can assist them all to raise his children without being monogamous.

Our species is the only one where the female's breasts stay enlarged. Some say it's to trick men's brains into thinking they are ovulating.

It has also been suggested the head of the male penis is shaped the way it is to assist the removal of sperm from prior sexual encounters with others to increase the chance of new sperm getting to fertize her first. This would indicate monogamy is not assumed.

It goes on and on. It's quite interesting topic really.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes the history of our species includes moving from polygyny (the most common form of polygamy) to monogamy. There is nothing natural about momogamy. No man I know would choose it and powerful men reject it.

A recent shift from polygyny to monogamy in humans is suggested by the analysis of worldwide Y-chromosome diversity.
Dupanloup I, et al. J Mol Evol. 2003.

Abstract
Molecular genetic data contain information on the history of populations. Evidence of prehistoric demographic expansions has been detected in the mitochondrial diversity of most human populations and in a Y-chromosome STR analysis, but not in a previous study of 11 Y-chromosome SNPs in Europeans. In this paper, we show that mismatch distributions and tests of mutation/drift equilibrium based on up to 166 Y-chromosome SNPs, in 46 samples from all continents, also fail to support an increase of the male effective population size. Computer simulations show that the low nuclear versus mitochondrial mutation rates cannot explain these results. However, ascertainment bias, i.e., when only highly variable SNP sites are typed, may be concealing any Y SNPs evidence for a recent, but not an ancient, increase in male effective population sizes. The results of our SNP analyses can be reconciled with the expansion of male effective population sizes inferred from STR loci, and with mitochondrial evidence, by admitting that humans were essentially polygynous during much of their history. As a consequence, until recently only a few men may have contributed a large fraction of the Y-chromosome pool at every generation. The number of breeding males may have increased, and the variance of their reproductive success may have decreased, through a recent shift from polygyny to monogamy, which is supported by ethnological data and possibly accompanied the shift from mobile to sedentary communities.

Reactions: Brodie888

hvdude

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not to get overly religious, but in the Bible men are told to "be fruitful and multiply". We can't forget that man is an animal and most animals instincts are to mate and spread their seed. Gay men should not be the exception. Every time I hook up with a guy I want to share my sperm with him and vice versa. After a sexual encounter I feel like I have accomplished what my body was designed to do. Monogamy is good for relationships and building connections that lasts a lifetime. Personally, if I had it to do over I would not have gotten into a monogamous relationship as early as I did in my life (I am still in it). As we get older, and sex becomes equally important as companionship, I think then monogamy becomes more central: we want to settle down and have someone take care of us and someone that we can take care of.