Do you think the older you get the more open you are to sexual experiementation?

RobertCarey

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Definately, but i think that the main thing that comes with age apart from experience is the ability to be honest and open about your sexuality, both to yourself and others....Bob

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Why yes, Earl, I believe that to be true. :smile:

I was pretty conservative sexually in my twenties, but started getting more open sexually in my late thirties. Played with a few women at that time and my sexuality continues to grow. Lots of things I'd try now that I never would have done years ago. More confident now and I feel much sexier. :wink:

Tense0000

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I guess. One tends to want to find something new. It gets boring once there are no more things to make you smile again.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
More closed shop fr me tbh
have a stronger desire to retain remnants of celibacy, with a damn passion
just have no inclination to share remains of sexual anything ... with anyone ha . TRUE

keeping them last bits of sexual power, fr ME' .. and NO shame about it....

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, I don't think so. I wonder if I had been in a different, more fluid environment in my post 18 yo years, would I have done things like 3 somes and what not. I went to a tradtional black college and boy, those guys there, these days I would say they shot themselves n the foot. If they had wanted a woman to get their freak on, why on earth were the male students putting women down for any sexual activity; being indiscreet with their encounters with them and so on.

I have seen some college boys claim that they can't get no play and I think, well with the way you men put women down for being sexually adventurous, what would you expect?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As I get older I am finding that I am more open to having sex with minority men when it was all just white guys when I was younger. I'm even thinking it might be fun to hook up with a gal after all these years just to see if I was missing anything. That's a big bridge to cross however. lol.

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's an infographic chart about sexual preference as age progresses.

It seems that men start their sexual careers off wanting very vanilla, loving sex, moreso than women. Women, who start higher, peak in terms of roughness at 20 or so, then begin a slow build for preference to vanilla sex as they get older. Overall, however, women's tastes seem to stay relatively static.

Men, by contrast, have a huge swing in their patterns, shifting from vanilla sex to overwhelmingly preferring rough sex, with the preference continuing to increase as they hit old age.

While this isn't 'experimentation', the data seems to suggest that age plays a substantial role in changing preferences.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think it works both ways.

I think as you get older, you hopefully have figured out what you like, and want to stick with it.

Conversely, I also think that as you get older, hopefully, you get more comfortable with yourself, and things that may have given you a negative reaction to even think about at age 20, may be less intimidating at age 35-40.