Do you think we should have a GAY discussion forum?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

or GLBT?

yes or no...and why or why not.

2. dreamer20

Gold Member

3. Principessa

Gold Member

No, because it will just be yet another way of dividing the membership and keeping us at each others throats. Besides which we can't keep the men out of the Women's forum with their "rate my dick please" threads how do you propose to keep straights out of a GLBT Forum? Not for nothing; but aren't there at least 50 other GLBT websites dedicated solely to GLBT needs, wants, desires?

FYI - This has been discussed and it always gets shot down.

4. frizzle

Gold Member

Don't see the point in it really, half the topics on LPSG are LGBT types of topics, but it wouldn't make a difference to have a seperate forum for it.

5. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

6. SlimGuySB

SlimGuySB New Member

Albums:
    Then what would it contain that could not fit into any of the other forums?

7. auncut10in

auncut10in Well-Known Member

Albums:
    in San Francisco until April, then back sailing in
    One of the things I like most about this site is hearing how straight guys react to similar situations. If I want a gay site, there are plenty of them out there

8. SteveHd

Gold Member

auncut10in, another thing I like is the straight guys are [mostly] tolerant and those that aren't keep their heads down. Compared to the "real world" LPSG is an alternate universe.

9. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

It would be an easy way for gays to go to a specific forum to discuss their issues. Anyone would be able to view or contribute. And those gays that don't like it can keep posting at other forums. As I would continue to do if there was a GLBT forum.

I see 3 forums that I don't feel are needed:

Underwear and clothing and appearance...could be part of the Healthy penis forum

Making it bigger...could be part of sex with a large penis

Ficticious stories.....could be part of the Funny Stuff forum

10. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:

As she said. It was already discussed, many, many, many,many,many,many times. It is ALWAYS shot down. Why are you interested in segregation of the topics? All are already welcome to post, view and share. This already harmonically exists without segregation. This board is not about division.

11. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Maybe many (times 6) people want it, maybe not. I was just bringing up the question. I wanted to see others' views on it. It wasn't meant to be about segregation or division or to bring people in the closest out.

It is not my site and if the people who run it and the majority of members do want it that is fine with me.

12. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Underwear issues and clothing issues tend to be more shopping and self-awareness oriented than the issues discussed in the healthy penis. Do you actually read these forums? They are not remotely related. What does: "Help! What undies-and-sweats combination will let me workout comfortably without drawing attention?" have to do with: "Help! What's this strange, sticky discharge? Do I need a dick-doc?" Nothing. That's why the boards are separate.

Not all ficticious stories are funny. I don't read the short stories, but I do play the games in the funny stuff forum. How would I know at a glance which threads were jokes, and which ones were short stories? No. That part of the board is not broken, and doesn't need fixing.

Penile enhancement and related questions are not about sex, but instead about... penile enhancement. This is a very specific subject, and the board is fairly active. Sex with a large penis... how can you even think those two are related?

We don't need or want a separate gay forum. If they were separate, there are people here who meet in discussion and find (to their mutual surprise) that they aren't so different, that they get along, who would never have met if their sexual topics were separate.

13. SlimGuySB

SlimGuySB New Member

Albums:
    So, we just fragment the forums and split the site into cliques. I don't think that would be a positive step. Obviously you'd also want to make a specific straight forum for those straight members to discuss their issues?

14. Principessa

Gold Member

You asked a question I answered it. :rolleyes: Thus far the people who have been here awhile, many longer than I have agree with me; and with good reason it is divisive. LPSG is supposed to be a support group. Not a divide and be separate group.

Thank you, you are 110% correct.

15. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, one point I was making is this is an old, over-asked question. Old heads never ask it, only people with fewer than three months, who post more than they read and who don't really know the community yet ever, ever, ever ask it.

The question, whether you realize it or not is inherently about segregation. If you can't see that despite explanations, I'm not sure what I can say to show you. A separate forum only to discuss gay issues, separates the gay issues from the straight issues. That is diametrically opposed to the very spirit of this site. You'd know that if you were here longer.

16. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh. I just realized I never answered the question (in this thread, though I have in quite a few others).

No, because it's a crap idea.

17. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I see your point.
    But I do not think that a Gay forum would hurt anything. It's just another forum. There are many froums on here that I do not use. It does not mean that gay people will stop posting on every other forum, or that only gays will post in a str8 forum.

I see that most str8 people here are gay friendly.

Many times gay issues are VERY different from str8 issues.

18. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

That is your opinion.

I, as a gay man, think we should have one, other gays disagree.

19. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you, Captain Obvious.

20. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do you?
    Oh. I guess you don't.

But not so different they need a whole different forum. There are straight people who do not encounter gays in their offline lives, but who do encounter them here. If you bury gay issues in a gay forum just because there are differences, than you fail to expose those who need the exposure to the similarities between the two groups. The truth is, the groups are more similar than they are different. You want to create fragmentation. That sucks. What a crap idea!

Draft saved Draft deleted