Do you think we should have a GAY discussion forum?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello mem!

Personally, I like the mixture of gays, bi's and str8s. It makes the forums more "cosmopolitan," and I find the different viewpoints to be interesting and educational.

My question, mem, is this: You're a very active poster, and you obviously have a lot of experience with the different forums. What topics/subjects would be covered in a gay forum that aren't already covered in other forums?

(Note: I'm not saying that a separate forum should or shouldn't exist -- I'm just asking you what you feel is missing.):wink:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is your opinion.
I, as a gay man, think we should have one, other gays disagree.
That's cause other gays are smarter than you. :tongue:

Well, one point I was making is this is an old, over-asked question. Old heads never ask it, only people with fewer than three months, who post more than they read and who don't really know the community yet ever, ever, ever ask it.

The question, whether you realize it or not is inherently about segregation. If you can't see that despite explanations, I'm not sure what I can say to show you. A separate forum only to discuss gay issues, separates the gay issues from the straight issues. That is diametrically opposed to the very spirit of this site. You'd know that if you were here longer. Oh. I just realized I never answered the question (in this thread, though I have in quite a few others). No, because it's a crap idea.
I think I'm in serious like with you AlteredEgo.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hello mem!
My question, mem, is this: You're a very active poster, and you obviously have a lot of experience with the different forums. What topics/subjects would be covered in a gay forum that aren't already covered in other forums?
(Note: I'm not saying that a separate forum should or shouldn't exist -- I'm just asking you what you feel is missing.):wink:

I think that every subject is already covered here. If you don't find a spot you can always go to Et Cetera.

I feel I am missing a forum which is gay. Where we can post anything from Big cocks, sex positions, relationships, fashion, or anything.

I know all these topics already exists here, but I would like it all in one gay place. All would be welcome, and gays could continue to post anywhere.

Thanks for asking, Hotmilf, instead of attacking like others do.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It was was a while before I realized that there were any straights here, when I first came across this forum, six or so years ago, there were then very few. That is much changed now. People also didn't used to have their percentages prominently showing.

I think having a mixed group and forum is good, we benefit from other perspectives. (and how else are we going to recruit:biggrin1:) I have seen quite a few young and clueless straight guys get educated.

It has sometimes happened that a person has started a thread with 'for gays', and gotten a lot of complaints (include us), There have also been 'for the women' threads where I and others have been jumped on by the OP (keep out) for posting.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that every subject is already covered here. If you don't find a spot you can always go to Et Cetera.
Correct.

I feel I am missing a forum which is gay. Where we can post anything from Big cocks, sex positions, relationships, fashion, or anything.
So, go to a gay website.

I know all these topics already exists here, but I would like it all in one gay place.
There is NO SUCH THING as separate but equal. There is no such thing as beneficial segregation. Are you anti-heterosexual? That's really not welcome. Just like homophobia is not welcome. If you don;t like straigt people, get lost. If you're alright with straigt people, why separate yourself from them?

All would be welcome, and gays could continue to post anywhere.
Then what would be the point? If I, a straight woman, could come into the gay penis section and start threads, what would be the point?

So, does anyone who presents an opinion in opposition to yours attack you? That is a weak position.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I feel I am missing a forum which is gay. Where we can post anything from Big cocks, sex positions, relationships, fashion, or anything. ...
None of those categories are exclusively "gay" not even "sex positions" since even straights do anal penetration. To a certain degree, the entire board is gay. Maybe you've noticed that?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
None of those categories are exclusively "gay" not even "sex positions" since even straights do anal penetration. To a certain degree, the entire board is gay. Maybe you've noticed that?

not the categories, but some things are exlusively gay such as docking, or a 3 way with a guy in the middle being both the top and bottom.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So, does anyone who presents an opinion in opposition to yours attack you? That is a weak position.

No, I am entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. I interpreted yours as hostile and condescending towards me.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
not the categories, but some things are exlusively gay such as docking, or a 3 way with a guy in the middle being both the top and bottom.
Why do we need a "gay" forum for those? Maybe you mentioned your reasons earlier and I missed it but I don't see a need.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem, I think you need to give your fingers a rest. Seriously, it's nap time.

basketbulge why do you feel the need to be an Asshole?

edit: and tell your butt buddy not to PM me with stupid shit.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of the most attractive things about this site is that all threads have a vigorous mixture of gay and straight men and women. I think if that were not true, I would not find it so interesting here.

It is my opinion that this mixture is a kind of energy source for this place.

Please don't encouarage any kind of apartheid. You can find enough of that in real life.

By the way, I saw a great bumper sticker in Toronto the other day. It asked,

"At what moment in your life did you decide to be straight?".

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am convinced that the presence of gay and straight men and women in most of the topics here provides a kind of energy source of diversity.

It is one of the things that makes this place always interesting. Please don't mess with the formula by suggesting an apartheid. There is enough of that in real life.

Seen on a bumber sticker in Toronto:

"When in your life did you decide to be straight?"

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I know all these topics already exists here, but I would like it all in one gay place. All would be welcome, and gays could continue to post anywhere.

Hello Mem,

Thanks for responding. I've read all the posts (so far) in this thread, as well as two other threads that posters referred to.

I can honestly say that I can see your point -- there are definitely topics that are exclusively gay.

On the other hand, I can also see the point of many of the posters... although I definitely disagree with the WAY some of the posters are expressing their opinion. :wink:

So, I will attempt to say something here that I hope will be useful:

-- LPSG is one of the very few places in the entire world where gays, str8s and women are co-mingling thoughts and ideas.

-- This is good; it's a step in the right direction because people are better understanding each other.

-- More to the point, as one poster commented, by exposing str8s to gay concerns and viewpoints, we are reducing homophobia in this world, even if it's only a few people at a time.

-- If we create a separate forum for gay-only concerns, we will undo the "good work" -- I guarantee you that str8s will almost never step inside that forum, and this will put gay concerns and viewpoints back under a cloak of darkness.

Another concern of mine is health issues. The gay community has more awareness of, more exposure to (statistically), and much valuable experience on dealing with health issues that affect everyone (such as STDs and HIV). If these topics end up behind "closed doors" in a gay forum, then a lot of valuable education would be lost to str8 folk.

Also, gays tend to be quite knowledgable about grooming, clothing and other concerns -- it would be a shame to lose their input in the other forums if gays tended to "flock" more in a gay forum.

So those are my thoughts, and I'm hoping that this helps.

AND HEY -- everyone who was mean, condescending and snide:
If this were a conversation at my dinner table, a whole pile of you would be sitting in the corner for bad manners!!:biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hello Mem,

Thanks for responding. I've read all the posts (so far) in this thread, as well as two other threads that posters referred to.

I can honestly say that I can see your point -- there are definitely topics that are exclusively gay.

On the other hand, I can also see the point of many of the posters... although I definitely disagree with the WAY some of the posters are expressing their opinion. :wink:

So, I will attempt to say something here that I hope will be useful:

-- LPSG is one of the very few places in the entire world where gays, str8s and women are co-mingling thoughts and ideas.

-- This is good; it's a step in the right direction because people are better understanding each other.

-- More to the point, as one poster commented, by exposing str8s to gay concerns and viewpoints, we are reducing homophobia in this world, even if it's only a few people at a time.

-- If we create a separate forum for gay-only concerns, we will undo the "good work" -- I guarantee you that str8s will almost never step inside that forum, and this will put gay concerns and viewpoints back under a cloak of darkness.

Another concern of mine is health issues. The gay community has more awareness of, more exposure to (statistically), and much valuable experience on dealing with health issues that affect everyone (such as STDs and HIV). If these topics end up behind "closed doors" in a gay forum, then a lot of valuable education would be lost to str8 folk.

Also, gays tend to be quite knowledgable about grooming, clothing and other concerns -- it would be a shame to lose their input in the other forums if gays tended to "flock" more in a gay forum.

So those are my thoughts, and I'm hoping that this helps.

AND HEY -- everyone who was mean, condescending and snide: If this were a conversation at my dinner table, a whole pile of you would be sitting in the corner for bad manners!!:biggrin1:

thanks, hotmilf

I agree, maybe it is better the way it is.

Your thoughts and support and ubiased views of the people who should be sitting in the corner:wink: are appreciated.