Do You Think You Could Love Someone For [All Your Life]?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you? Are you halfway there?

It's just, I actually think I could. :smile:
There is one special person. She makes me all giddy and...thoughtful :biggrin1:

Would anyone like to discuss?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you can love someone all your life, but that the nature of that love changes over it's course, it usually doesn't maintain the urgency you feel for the first few years but settles into something slower but deeper where you know one another intimately. You have to work at a relationship to keep the love alive and weather the rough patches instead of running at the first sign of trouble.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you halfway there? What do you mean by half way there? Is that someone who has been happily married for 20 years and knows that another 20 + years would be even better?:confused:

It's just, I actually think I could. :smile: There is one special person. She makes me all giddy and...thoughtful :biggrin1: Well don't keep it a secret tell us who it is. More importantly, tell her! :smile:

Would anyone like to discuss?

Do You Think You Could Love Someone For All Your Life?
Yes, absolutely. I can say that without hesitation as I am prone to long episodes of serial monogamy.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes I do, and I doubt anything will change when I am 80+

I have already been steadily in love with him for 20 years

x

Honey

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Isn`t that everyones goal? To find that special someone who you can grow old and horny with, lol. I`m banking on it since a womans labbito increases with age. lol

lafever

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm quite sure I could but I'm also very sure that the reason I love them will be everchanging overtime. The problem comes with others, though. Homosexuals my age don't want anything lasting. They want to act stupid and catch something, then settle down in their mid-30's.

DreamofJeannie

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have never been in love before and I am on my second marriage. I have a love for my spouse, though it is not a hot, burning love. Its more of a love friendship.

I believe people fall in love all the time, some stay that madly in love for the rest of their lives, sometimes it fades.

Perhaps, one day I will meet that man who makes my heart melt and with whom I will love forever.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to be rude, but why do you keep marrying people you don't love? Sounds to me like you are afraid to be alone. :frown1: :confused: :redface:

I have never been in love before and I am on my second marriage. I have a love for my spouse, though it is not a hot, burning love. Its more of a love friendship.
I believe people fall in love all the time, some stay that madly in love for the rest of their lives, sometimes it fades.

Perhaps, one day I will meet that man who makes my heart melt and with whom I will love forever.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I have a "love friendship" relationship with the guy I had the longest term relationship with. I know exactly what you mean.

I have found only one guy who I think I could love the way people talk about love being... unfortunately, he was already happily married to someone else when I met him. Nothing happened between him and me beyond just platonic friendship. But I'm always wishing I could've met him before he met his wife.

Maybe I will find someone else who fits what I am looking for as well as he did (and hopefully this time he'll be single!) Maybe not, though, and that is an increasing possibility. It saddens me, but the only thing I can do about it is to just get out there and try to meet as many people as I can, and work on the shyness and self-confidence issues I have, and see what happens.

DreamofJeannie

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to be rude, but why do you keep marrying people you don't love? Sounds to me like you are afraid to be alone. :frown1: :confused: :redface:

Though I understand your thinking, I do not fear being alone. It was my choice to divorce my first husband, thus being alone. I met a man who is very kind, loving, stable, who is madly in love with me. We have been married for four years. I married for reasons which I believe benefit my children. Of course, some will understand my reasoning others will not.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You make me sick,my mother did the same my birth was payment for raising her 5 children.And she walked away when her children were taken care of.Now I watch over my father in his last days.The woman he loved won't have anything to do with him now,my mother.Women like you are why I have no trust.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Though I understand your thinking, I do not fear being alone. It was my choice to divorce my first husband, thus being alone. I met a man who is very kind, loving, stable, who is madly in love with me. We have been married for four years. I married for reasons which I believe benefit my children. Of course, some will understand my reasoning others will not.

I'm not there and I don't know your situation. More importantly I am not God and therefore am not in a position to judge. I just find it extremely odd.:redface: :confused: I hope things continue to go well for you and your children.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I most certainly believe I can love someone for the rest of my life. I had a good example. My parents were very much in love. My Dad died, not to long ago and way too young, just over a year ago (He was only 64 and had a surprise heart attack, surprise meaning he had no heart disease and the docs still wonder why he had the heart attack after swimming that morning). Had he been alive last August, my parents would have been married for 40 years. My parents knew each other since my Mom was 12 and her family moved to Chicago.

So, I'm gay and 37 now. I know it won't happen the way it happened for my parents. And still I believe I can love someone for the rest of my life quite happily. I'm still seeing the same guy I mentioned on another thread. And he's the best prospect ever. Who knows? It's only been two months and yet, there's something about him that hasn't been like any of the others... :rolleyes:

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been in love, and married, for over half of my life, I am 58. We got together in 1974, married in 1975.

My wifes parents were married over 60 years before he died, my parents were married in 1945 and are still together. Were these two couples in love when they got married and still in love after 60 plus years? We'll never knowbecause their view of privacy is different than ours so they don't talk about it.