Do you think you will marry?

Do you think you will marry?

• Total voters

TxAg

Just Browsing
Media
Ehhhhhh.... probably not. I'm not too fond of the ownership
concept that seems to pervade traditional marriage.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmm---let's see---I'm gay in "christian" conservative America, and I am 46....
Magic 8 ball says "Bloody Unlikely!"

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was married for 21 years and although it was a good marriage on the whole I wouldn't do it again. During the time I've been divorced I've come to love the fact that I can do what I want without taking anyone else's feelings into consideration. I also feel that when you get married there is a tendency to take one another for granted that wouldn't happen if he stayed in his place and I stayed in mine, that way your time together is limited and you make that much more of it.
For those who say marriage isn't a necessary commitment, it might not be for some but for a lot of people it's a way of saying to the world we believe in our relationship so much we want everyone to know it. However, it seems that young 'uns get married now with no intention of it being a permanent relationship, they head for the divorce courts at the first sign of trouble and don't seem prepared to work at their marriage. It's almost as if they get married with the idea that if it doesn't work out (a self fulfilling prophecy) they can get divorced easily.
If anyone does get married they should view it as a permanent commitment to a relationship that they're both going to put 100% into.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I may or may not... I am happy to live life on my own, with lots of animals. The one person I could have seen myself with, and he also the one we planned our futures together with... came to the realization that he is gay, and then became addicted to ecstasy... so that leaves me to fend for myself... which I could probably do well.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my pre-queer announcement days I was married twice. Tweedle Scream should have been enough of a lesson but wasn't and Tweedle Shriek essentially reinforced the horrors of marriage. A long term relationship with a man was nice while it lasted and for a while I missed it; but, not anymore. Marriage is disaster created by needy people who are too lacking in self-worth to just allow life to take its own course in a natural manner. If 2 persons are truly meant to stay together, marriage certificates are not necessary.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Don't know. Having walked down the aisle twice already, one could argue i'm not very good at marriage. My friends called me a serial monogamist until another friend divorced his third wife, then I lost the crown to him. :biggrin1: Obviously, it would take a very special relationship for me to even consider it.

I do, however, love freshly baked bread.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
In the ideal situation, I would have lived with my partner for several years and marriage wouldn't suddenly change our relationship or lifestyle.

I wouldn't like to feel pressured into marriage.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I'm amazed that only 20% of the voters chose the bread option (it IS a multiple choice poll, after all).

That does, however, indicate to me that I am fundamentally incompatible with at least 80% of you. Throw in other factors and that number rises to about 100%.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I still want the fairytale: husband, 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a house in the suburbs. However, I realize at my age (41) the odds are very much against me. I've never even been engaged so as the years drift by it becomes even less likely. :frown1:

I hope that gay marriage soon becomes legal. One of my best friends is gay; and he and his partner have been together for 20 years this October. They have had their ups and downs but have always remained faithful and loving. On the flip side I have straight friends that have been married for 21 years and I pray God they get divorced and put everybody around them out of their misery. Dinner with them is like sitting on the stage for a production of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?" The wife cheats openly with her husbands blessing. :eek:

NOTE: My parents will be married 44 years on July 5th; I had many examples of good, stable marriages all around me growing up. I think that makes a huge difference in ones desire for and outlook on marriage. It seems most people who are against the idea of marriage have either had parents who were divorced or have already been married and divorced.

DiegoID

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow! I've got to put my voice in as a happily married guy. Now it's been less than a year, but I'm still in love. I can't imagine not having my husband in my life, but if for some unforseen reason it happens I'd do it again.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media