Do you think your early sexual encounters influenced your current orientation

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Primal_Savage, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Primal_Savage

Primal_Savage New Member

Albums:
    After nearly twenty years, I'm still trying to figure out why I'm a bisexual. In HS, being on the swim team and seeing my other buddies in the showers after practices and meets, I knew I was larger than most but never really gave it much thought. Graduated HS as a virgin except for a lot of blowjobs. Girls I dated weren't opposed to giving me head, but flat out refused to fuck, so my experiences were less than satisfying. Most of my freshman year in college was basically the same. I wasn't really interested in guys and wasn't the least bit curious. That is until after a team party where a couple of seniors on the team got me shitface drunk and had their way with me. What followed the next morning was unbelievable. Up until that time I hadn't even thought about giving another guy head. Tho, I'd had blowjobs from other guys prior to that, the mere idea of returning the favor really grossed me out. That morning was also the first time I'd put my cock up another guy's ass and much to my surprise found that I really enjoyed that too. Still years later, I've never bottomed for another guy and will probably get flamed for saying as much, but really don't want to either. I know a lot of you, knew you were gay and had inclinations or experiences at a much earlier age. That's fine, but my question is really posed for those of you that came out after HS. So like, the title says, I'm curious about whether or not you feel that your first experiences involving penetration influenced your current orientation.

2. Smaccoms

Gold Member

Albums:
    sorry, I came out to myself in 7th grade and to everyone else freshman year of high school (in a homophobic town haha)

3. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

My first and very early sexual experiences were with my closest friend, those sleep overs got rather heated. Despite this I don't think that particularly coloured the way I view my sexuality, I was very young when my friend and I started messing around but I already realised that people had the potential to enjoy an infinite variety of experiences. Eating meat doesn't mean I don't like fruit and that's how I view my sexuality, at one moment I might prefer this, at another moment I might prefer that but that doesn't mean I don't like other things too. For me sex really isn't any biggy and I've never suffered from anxiety about it so I've never felt the need to agonize over it or label myself. I am what I am at that moment.

However, the first guy I had sex with was a tall lean dark haired Irish boy and that's definitely influenced my taste in appearance.

4. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

do you mean, was I approached and had sex with the same sex at an early age???? No. When I was a kid anyone that was different for whatever reason was called "queer" and the older kids looked out for the younger ones by yelling and pointing out the "queers" when we saw them on the streets. It worked extremely well.

5. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

My orientation influenced my early sexual encounters, not the other way around.

6. erratic

Gold Member

Me too.

Someone asked me once, because I was sexually abused when I was little, if that had anything to do with me loving men.

Once I got over the urge to snap his neck, I said no and that if anything that put me off men for a very, very long time. Not even that could stop me from being queer. It's all biology.

7. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I'm not sure. I didn't really think about being gay or bisexual till well a few months ago.

I messed around with a girlfriend of mine and I taught her how to masturbate. But I was also heavy into watching males do the same. My love of gay men is intertwined with my first love, but that just opened my eyes to a more natural life style to me.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

:yikes: Is that something of which you are proud? Cause I wouldn't be if I were you.

Do you think your early sexual encounters influenced your current orientation? No, but like DC_Deep said my sexual orientation influenced my early sexual encounters. This is weird, but I lost playground privileges for two days in kindergarten for 'exploring' with a cute little boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. I vaguely recall us sneaking behind the easel and kissing. I also let him put his hand in my pantys and he pulled out his little boy penis and I touched the head.:redface::redface: I guess that was the start of my predilection for cute white boys.:cool:

9. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

It's hard to say.
    After my experiences at the hands of the Preist at the catholic school I went to I don't know if I would have a taste for S&M if it didn't happen.
    I'm just grateful that I'm able to enjoy and get off during other sorts of sexual activities besides S&M.

10. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ditto.

I knew I liked boys while still in diapers.

11. dedrewm

dedrewm New Member

at EARLY ages (I would gues 10 and on) I experiemented with both sexes, not knowing shit about sexuality, but looking back I always like the guys better....and still do!

12. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

I started my early sexual experiences with guys (after some sexual abuse in childhood) and was convinced I was gay. It was not until college that I had my first hetrosexual experience (and that was also on a dare). I have never been penetrated and am not interested in the slightest in being penetrated. I have recently started having sexual longings for guys again after almost a decade of hetrosexual only relationships. So to answer the question, I don't think my early penetrative experiences have any bearing on my sexual experiences.

13. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

Your Avatar would suggest that you still are :biggrin1:

14. smudgey

smudgey Member

Albums:
    I think my LACK of sexual encounters has shaped my orientation. I've had a few chances to experiment with some of my guy friends and have sex with one if my girl friends, but I never took them even though I desperately wanted to... I'd say if I had followed through with any of them my orientation would be vastly different, guess we won't know till I actually GET OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING!! lol

15. Northland

Gold Member

I was fascinated by men as a child and hoped to one day marry one even though I also liked girls and wanted to marry one of them. It was somewhere at about that time that I started to realize that I was more interested in the insides of a person (their inner being or soul) than in the entire outer package. Most outer packages have some sort of appeal to me-and it's enhanced when a person has a genuine air of humility combined with intelligence, self-worth, humor, etc. A good looking package loses appeal quickly when attached to an egomaniac.

Did my early encounters influence? I don't believe so. I am who and what I am and that was programmed into me prior to my birth.

16. chavous

chavous New Member

no I think I was born loving cock. My dad was a head football coach and he would take me and my brothers to the gym with him and the throw us in the shower with him and other players and as a little boy I thought how beautiful their cock was and can't wait to have pubic hair.

17. NCbear

Gold Member

What DC_DEEP said.

NCbear (who had a significant interest in men before puberty hit and he found out exactly what his interest meant)

18. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I am more along the lines of thinking that your orientation can influence your earliest sexual encounters and that both of those can be influenced (encouraged or halted) by your societal constraints and social upbringing (religion and/or other belief systems) that were present and taught to you as your grew up.

19. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    When I was younger, I practiced kissing on my teddy bear and pillow. Does that mean anything?

20. sevencirc

sevencirc Member

Not sure which influenced which, but I remember when I was 8-10 years old that seeing my father naked intrigued me. Saw a high school coach naked in the shower when I was about 12 and remember being incredibly turned on by his beautiful hairy chest and gorgeous cock and ass. Had my first sexual experience at 16 with a guy probably mid-60's who stuck his 7-inch cock in my face, wanting me to suck it. I was scared at first, but ended up putting it in my mouth. He later sucked mine and I have to admit it was an exciting feeling. Two years later I had sex with a guy I knew - we even worked together for a year - who was about 40 and married with five kids. I was 18; we stroked each other and I ended up sucking his cock, and we had a sex relationship for close to 30 years. A few months later in 1973 I had my first experience with a woman. Have enjoyed fucking women and have sucked a couple dozen guys since the mid 70's. That's my preference - sucking and being sucked by older men, and also making love to a man....not just a quick bj. I know there are many opinions on sexual orientation. I don't know what causes our attraction to the same sex or the opposite sex. Are we born that way?
    My friend asked me if good-looking women turned me on and I told him they did, but if I saw Sean Connery and an attractive woman walking down the street, I'd take Sean.

Draft saved Draft deleted