Do younger guys not like public showers?

cjfp18

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey, i'm 21 and go swimming quiet a bit. I have done from a young age and have always showered after (open showers). However i'm finding that most guys of around my age & younger don't do this.. Any ideas why?

guest1980

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i guess them guys are un happy with there bodys and dont want 2 be see by other men

QuietObserver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
For me, the reason is simple. The gym I go to is mostly old men and I don't like em watching me as I shower. My body is MY body and I don't put it on display for dirty old men to ogle as I bathe. When it's just me and my friends or something like that it's totally cool. A lot of The guys on this site say it's because we were taught to be ashamed of our nudity...most of the time they're just upset that more young guys don't walk around naked for them to look at too. I don't understan why the hell it matters honestly. If you want to be naked, be naked; if you dont want to be naked; don't be naked.

Last edited:

dlk1p45

Experimental Member
Media
i dont get this either. Im 19, went swimming yesterday with 4 mates.
I got in the shower naked, two of them came in the showers in thier suits and two didnt bother at all and just did the towel dance.

confusiung?

dlk1p45

Experimental Member
Media
For me, the reason is simple. The gym I go to is mostly old men and I don't like em watching me as I shower. My body is MY body and I don't put it on display for dirty old men to ogle as I bathe. When it's just me and my friends or something like that it's totally cool. A lot of The guys on this site say it's because we were taught to be ashamed of our nudity...most of the time they're just upset that more young guys don't walk around naked for them to look at too. I don't understan why the he'll it matters honestly. If you want to be naked, be naked; if you Dom want to be naked; don't be naked.

If you dont want people to oggle at your naked body why do you post pics of your dick on the internet?

QuietObserver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Because I give my consent here. I do it of my own free will. But when dirty old fucks watch me shower it's an invasion of privacy.

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
Because I give my consent here. I do it of my own free will. But when dirty old fucks watch me shower it's an invasion of privacy.
There are lots of dirty old fucks on this site. At least in a shower, most of them are not thinking of you in that way. Here, on a website about penises, you ARE being thought of that way.

I love public showers. I like to be looked at and I like to look. I don't think it hurts anything. If you're in there and there's a guy washing the shampoo out of his hair, I'll check him out while his eyes are closed. What he doesn't know wont hurt him.

I remember one guy just outside the showers taking an extra long time tying his shoes and I'd peak over at him and notice him watching me shower. Was very hot.

But there are a lot of young guys who wont shower without shorts on. And there are a lot of young guys who wont shower at all. Even after a hard work out and they're all sweaty and smelly, they'll put their clean street clothes on over their dirty bodies.

Last edited:

D_Guy Zandolls

Account Disabled
Media
I have noticed younger guys being ashamed and carrying their towels around with them even when they put their underwear on...i think they cover up too much...tthey have been taught that nudity is wrong and need this attitude changed....i always shower naked in gyms and swimming etc, no matter who is their, i have done since as far as i can remember...i showerd naked when i was 15 and my teacher was their too...i dont see that its a big issue..i dont see why some guys take their towels in with them because they will just get wet, i leave my towel in the locker and just walk around naked....who cares....if i get some people hard....i'm happy....ive made someones day....dont have any problem with it....hate it when people are 2 damn conscious
xxx

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
So when does one turn from a dirty young man to a dirty old man? 30? 40? 50?
25 lol

To the post above, I notice a lot of guys wraping towels around themselves to change from their regular shorts to gym shorts. They don't even want people seeing them in their underwear. Or maybe they don't have underwear on.

And they also prepare. They'll put their shorts on the floor so they can step right into them and make a quick transition.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I do go swimming (which isn't very often) or somewhere similar that requires me to be naked I'll just get on with it and do it. I dont flap about doing lunges or whatever in my birthday suit for all to see (thats much more of a home-based activity) like some very proud changing room folks seem to do.

I don't have a problem with it either way, but i'd personally rather someone was a bit more covered up than too exposed....usually the one's doing the exposing are the same ones people wish would cover up!

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've seen the ones that Observer is referring to, and it's disgusting. It's not glancing, it's not even just looking. It's so blatantly leering, that even if it's not me that they're ogling, I'm embarrassed and uncomfortable.

However, with the dozens of threads here on this subject, I have learned that this younger generation is more likely to have a much bigger fear about being nude, even around friends.

I personally don't think it's a healthy fear, but it's happenning

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's really funny and sad in a way that some guys will not shower at the gym or if they do it's with their shorts on. I've even seen people going into the sauna and sitting down with all their gym clothes on and at my gym you have to at least be wearing a swimsuit, because the sauna is co-ed. The sad part of all this is that they are that ashamed of their bodies to do this kind of thing. What was put into their head that they need to think less of themselves. The funny thing is...a LOT of guys automatically think people are checking them out or are going to do something to them. Everyone looks...straight, gay, men, women... it's normal at the gym.

Not all gay men/women are automatically going to gawk at you or grope you when you're in the locker room. Get over yourselves. (I include women in this because I've heard girls say similar things.)

D_BarryBunwarmer

Account Disabled
Media
I've seen the ones that Observer is referring to, and it's disgusting. It's not glancing, it's not even just looking. It's so blatantly leering, that even if it's not me that they're ogling, I'm embarrassed and uncomfortable.

Well THAT i would agree with. I once had an old guy (looked to be about 85) in a restroom that obviously wanted me to join him in a stall. He stared at me the whole time. Even when I was washing my hands to leave he just stood there looking at me.

D_Butt_Abbott

Sexy Member
Media
As a person who did wear shorts when showering after pool class in the 8th grade, I was ashamed of myself. I was an awkward kid, and I didn't want to be seen naked because I was afraid it would just give the assholes more reason to make fun of me. That was my reason.

These days I think there's a lot of homo-fear around. People are afraid that being naked in front of other men will make them look gay, and look less of a man among their friends. It was still a big deal in my high school, and I'm sure that hasn't gone away. People are afraid that if a gay guy checks you out he's going to rape you or something--all just a fear of something they don't understand.

Now that I'm out of school, I wish I had the chance to shower nude in front of others! I'd welcome it now that I'm breaking out of the sense of shame that was instilled in me thanks to those people in school, and the closed nature of my parents.

Media
I see a lot judgement here. Modesty is not equal to being ashamed. Also the younger folks have grown up in a different, more protected world. If you live somewhere where all ther is on the radio is country, you're gonna like country. This issue is no different. Personally I'm a bit of a nudist but someone elses modesty or shyness(towel dance) doesn't bother me. I just chuckle inside at all the gyrations they go through. Thereis an aspect abou some of them though that pisses me off... And that is they try to make everyone else conform to their view. Those are the ones complaining to gyms that guys should be required to cover up within the confines of the mens room. My gym has a nice sauna inside the mens room, but now we all have to wear something or cover up with a towel. WTF!! It's a mens room sauna! Jeesh, get over it, we all have penises... So what!

Branleur49008

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I workout at the college I work at. The gym can be packed to the brim with sweat-drenched young men, and when I do to hit the showers I'm the only one showering. It's fucking ridiculous. When you DO see them showering, it's not unusual to see them showering in their trunks. The only guys I see showering are in their 30s and 40s. It's definitely a 20-something thing and its fucking ridiculous. "What a bunch of little pussies," is what I typically think.

I'm not necessarily hoping they're all in the shower so I can get an eyeful. I'm not saying I would take a very quick glance around just out of curiosity but I'm a busy guy and when I'm in the shower after a workout I'm usually focused on what comes next on my schedule. I just think it's a commentary on how sheltered and over-protected that generation was when they were growing up.

It's the same thing when you take a piss. I'm not into looking at the urinals, but I just happen to think it looks fucking ridiculous to be facing the corner while you're peeing or standing so close to the urinal that your pants are touching all over the side of the urinal. They're more afraid of the chance that someone MIGHT see their dick for a split second then they are of the disgusting assortment of germs crawling all over the friggin' urinal?

bighosenow

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I asked my 26 y/o nephew about this last week. He said "there are too
many cell phone cams out there and you never know where your pic may show up."

yunghung33

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can speak for everyone but as a 19 year old who works out a lot I usually end up jogging home so it just makes more sense to shower when i get home. Also since I jog there it's kinda a hassle to bring a bag and the soap at my gym doesn't seem to do anything so I'd rather use my own at home.... that's just me though...