Do younger guys not like public showers?

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't care if someone stares. It is his problem, not mine.

A male who is not affraid to be naked aserts self confidence, he is not affraid to show his body to others and not affraid to be compared against those of others.

A male who does the towel dance tells the world he has a self confidence problem and doesn't have the courage to unveil his body. These people should be told thst this is how their towel dance is perceived.

it's not so much the staring that bothers me, as much as it's that i don't want to watch some guy feel himself up as he stares at me. and i agree about the second part of your post. it just mean a person is confident. however, there are a lot of creepers out there (a lot on this site alone...read some of the stories...*shudder*)

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I'm in the locker room, I just act oblivious.

I once had a troll follow me into the head on my way to the showers, just carrying a towel in front of me. He had just come in when I finished my workout and didn't even bother to change from his street clothes to his workout clothes. Totally ignored him.

I don't care if someone stares. It is his problem, not mine.

haulthat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is a comedian who says "Is there some rule in the locker room that the older you are the more naked you have to be." He was saying how like some guys wont take their clothes off period, some guys will always leave their boxers on, others will get naked long enough to do what they need to do, and then the real old guys will just walk around and stand there naked for no reason trying to talk to you lol. I think it is true. Comfort takes time to grow on a lot of people, there will always be exceptions though.

Hey, i'm 21 and go swimming quiet a bit. I have done from a young age and have always showered after (open showers). However i'm finding that most guys of around my age & younger don't do this.. Any ideas why?

Rkz26

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was always afraid to use public showers when I was a teenager and early 20's. But it was nothing to do with people looking or being ashamed of my body, it was control. I was always afraid Id get a hard on! I used pretty much be always hard and like most guys that age, at the most inappropriate times Id be there trying to control an erection. Now Im late 20's I don't care, Ill whip it out wherever and if its hard, all the better :)

S

SirConcis

First time I went to a public pool, it was with a friend, his older brothers and his dad. I was a few months younger than my friend.

I instinctively went to the changing stalls. Once there, I realised nobody else went there. I then heard the dad tell his sons I was probably too young to feel comfortable naked in locker room. On the way out of the pool, I undressed with them without going to the change stall. I was probably 7-8 at that time.

Never ever had problems undressing of being naked in a locker room afterwards.

D

deleted3782

i don't mind showering in front of people. i think, with my generation, is that we've been taught that the naked human body is a naughty thing. and it's not. we've over sexualized the human body.

Agreed. The web has had a lot to do with this...

Oddly, the number of guys that are willing to anonymously expose themselves to random people through the web has gone through the roof.

lovin_california

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was always afraid to use public showers when I was a teenager and early 20's. But it was nothing to do with people looking or being ashamed of my body, it was control. I was always afraid Id get a hard on! I used pretty much be always hard and like most guys that age, at the most inappropriate times Id be there trying to control an erection. Now Im late 20's I don't care, Ill whip it out wherever and if its hard, all the better :)

You should be proud to show that off in public. All the control to you!

D

deleted213967

"Oddly, the number of guys that are willing to anonymously expose themselves to random people through the web has gone through the roof."

The dichotomy of the 2 trends is a paradox

Indeed.

I find it entertaining to observe suburban white trash gangsta wannabes, so keen on shocking grandmothers, their pants halfway down their ass as they loiter at the mall...

...yet in the lockerroom, even when the nearest stranger is 20 feet away, they'll prudishly and awkwardly hide from one another while changing...

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
We've started working out at the local Y. I see guys of all ages hiding. Lots of older guys showering in their shorts, reaching inside to wash their junk.

One guy in particular, probably somewhere around my age, soaps himself through his boxer briefs, lol.

To those thinking that I'm staring, or acting in some way perverted, I've got about 15 mins to shower, shave, and get dressed for work. Sorry, no time for staring :rolleyes:

"Oddly, the number of guys that are willing to anonymously expose themselves to random people through the web has gone through the roof."

The dichotomy of the 2 trends is a paradox

Indeed.

I find it entertaining to observe suburban white trash gangsta wannabes, so keen on shocking grandmothers, their pants halfway down their ass as they loiter at the mall...

...yet in the lockerroom, even when the nearest stranger is 20 feet away, they'll prudishly and awkwardly hide from one another while changing...

I agree guys. It makes no sense to me. I have no problem being nude in the locker room, sauna and shower around other guys, but there is now way on Earth I would post nude pics of myself on-line or webcam in the nude.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Part of it may be from high school too. Mabee some of these guys feel insecure.

I know in my case, I dreaded the shower time.
The poking, teasing, name calling, Getting spat on, etc made me not want to shower.
I did it because I didn't want to stink, but it came with a price.

D

deleted3782

Part of it may be from high school too. Mabee some of these guys feel insecure.

I know in my case, I dreaded the shower time.
The poking, teasing, name calling, Getting spat on, etc made me not want to shower.
I did it because I didn't want to stink, but it came with a price.

I agree that insecurities that develop during high school/puberty can have an effect. I remember when I was anywhere from 9-12 years old going with my older brother into gang showers at Duke where he was in a frat and on the swim team, or to the YMCA where he was a lifeguard...and having no problem being seen naked at all (though I enjoyed seeing all the other naked guys quite a bit!). I was aware of others, but not self aware.

By 12 I had mandatory PE class were we had to change to athletic clothes, wear a jock strap, and shower after. By that time I was very self aware...especially in terms of how my dick compared to other guys, how much hair I had, even armpit hair. Though I had no problem stripping down and being seen naked, most of my other classmates had a hard time with it. The guys who still had small equipment suffered.

I suppose its a matter of getting used to your new body and where you stand with all the other new bodies. Maybe that self realization simply takes a few years to work through.

I found these images and thought they were hilarious. I truly hope this never happens, but with the way guys are nowadays, you never know! :biggrin1:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

I found these images and thought they were hilarious. I truly hope this never happens, but with the way guys are nowadays, you never know! :biggrin1:

and one more...

Attachments

D_Peverell Piledriver

Account Disabled
Media
Well, I really don't understand what the issue is all about.

You take off your clothes, grab a towel, take a shower, dry off, and
put your street clothes back on.

You are not cruising for dick at the local bath house.

Some of you dudes need to spend some time in the military!

Last edited:
D

deleted405852

I really don't care one way or the other.

deerbologna

Just Browsing
Media
Can't say for certain, but I scored some major eye pleasure in the YMCA public showers today. Two young guys lat teens early twenties maybe, bot hard as rocks and completely nude. It made me so hard I almost ejaculated without evening touching myself.

deerbologna

Just Browsing
Media
Cock like that wouldn't hurt my feelings if it were hard in front of me. You have a marvelous specimen sir.