Do younger guys not like public showers?

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have any major oppositions against the public showers on the rare occasions where I go to the gym or go swimming. However, I do prefer being able to shower in privacy.

I overheard 2 guys talking in the sauna today about a guy that was using the hot tub. The guy they were talking about had obvioulsy lost a lot of weight and had quite a bit of loose skin hanging off his body. I saw him nude in the shower room, and it wasn't a pleasant sight. He looked great from the chest up, but not so great from the waist down because of all of the excess skin hanging off of him. I felt bad for the guy because he had obvioulsy dropped a lot of weight (I would guess 100 pounds with the amount of excess skin hanging off of him), but still had to get over this major hurdle. He was young (20s), so with time he may be able to tone up a bit. Here's the really amusing part: one of the guys carrying on in the sauna about this guy was about a good 80 pounds overweight himself! He was the only one wearing a swimsuit in the sauna (his friend and I were nude sitting on our towels). They left for the shower room before me, but when I entered the shower room, the fat guy who was being so critical of the other guy was showering in his swimsuit while his friend (who had a fairly decent body) and I showered openly. The fat guy then proceeds to do the God awful towel dance while I'm showering naked and his friend is drying off beside him naked. What I found so strange is that the guy who was being the most critical was the guy who had a weight problem and obviously knew it looking at how modest he was being. Funny that. I think this explains volumes about critical people. They are projecting their own self hatred on to others. I felt like saying to the fat guy that he should look in the mirror before being so judgemental of others. It's pretty pathetic that I'm in better shape than this guy and I'm twice his age. It annoyed me that he was being so critical because first, he was in no position to be so critical given his own weight problem, and second because this is what makes guys afraid to shower around other guys. I had more respect for the guy with the loose skin that was acting like a man by being open than I did for the fat guy being overly critical and behaving like a pussy by using the sauna and shower in his swimsuit and then doing the towel dance. Judge not lest ye be judged!

littleguy2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
was away this weekend and used the hotel gym and spa. The men's locker room had a hot tub and shower where there is no need to wear a suit. I was happy to see two young guys dropped their shorts and stepped in. Walked around the area naked and didnt seem ashamed or embarrassed. Nothing sexual and no staring. Just guys relaxed with their bodies. I find it amusing to see guys at the gym go through so much trouble to get their underwear on or off under a towel. Some drop the shorts and have the towel close but those that do the dance are too funny.

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Can't say for certain, but I scored some major eye pleasure in the YMCA public showers today. Two young guys lat teens early twenties maybe, bot hard as rocks and completely nude. It made me so hard I almost ejaculated without evening touching myself.
sorry, that's a little creepy

D_Peverell Piledriver

Account Disabled
Media
was away this weekend and used the hotel gym and spa. The men's locker room had a hot tub and shower where there is no need to wear a suit. I was happy to see two young guys dropped their shorts and stepped in. Walked around the area naked and didnt seem ashamed or embarrassed. Nothing sexual and no staring. Just guys relaxed with their bodies. I find it amusing to see guys at the gym go through so much trouble to get their underwear on or off under a towel. Some drop the shorts and have the towel close but those that do the dance are too funny.

I agree, I find it refreshing that some younger dudes are not ashamed of their bodies.

Seems that the others are just plain pussies.

gideonxx

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
im in my mid-twenties and only this past summer did i start showering at the gym (open showers, no stalls). in high school i was very overweight and was so ashamed of myself I wouldnt dare get a shower, and that carried on into college and after. i'd say body image was the biggest thing scaring me from ever showering in public or enjoying other amenities like saunas and steam rooms. though i was really nervous about getting hard, too.

finally, i just got so fed up of always having to go home, being smelly and sweaty on the subway, i said fuck it and showered at the Y i go to. first time i did I was shaking I was so scared. but I do it all the time now, and love to go into the sauna and steam room and just relax. my body is still a work in progress, but my body image has improved so much just by doing this.

there is something just really nice about being naked with a bunch of other naked guys. i'd say there's a sexual component, but it transcends ordinary sexuality.

i do get hard though, especially when i first go into the sauna or steam room--just from the heat usually, hardly ever horniness. and i dont know what to do about it when that happens. i usually hunch over and try to take my mind off it while hiding it...which just makes it worse haha

MrHangman

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Oddly, the number of guys that are willing to anonymously expose themselves to random people through the web has gone through the roof."

The dichotomy of the 2 trends is a paradox

I don't see this as a paradox. The anonymity changes everything.

arki

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Locker rooms a comunar showers its just normal.. i mean.. theres nothing wrong about being naked in the shower with more dudes arroud you.. im 23 by the way.. and in the gym i go... everyone from 18 10 60 is naked

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
I overheard 2 guys talking in the sauna today about a guy that was using the hot tub. The guy they were talking about had obvioulsy lost a lot of weight and had quite a bit of loose skin hanging off his body. I saw him nude in the shower room, and it wasn't a pleasant sight. He looked great from the chest up, but not so great from the waist down because of all of the excess skin hanging off of him. I felt bad for the guy because he had obvioulsy dropped a lot of weight (I would guess 100 pounds with the amount of excess skin hanging off of him), but still had to get over this major hurdle. He was young (20s), so with time he may be able to tone up a bit.

That is because He lost the weight too fast

I lost over 60 pounds with no ill effects of saggy skin .
In a 16 month time frame.

--------
I also do not have issuse using a public shower. Broke away from that 5 years ago

Last edited:

jeepman101

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I go swimming twice a week with my son he is 19 and we both shower naked,over the last few months i have only seen one guy shower naked all the rest including all age groups keep their swim shorts on.
Also when they change they hide in the cubicles or behind a towel and they seem quite embarrassed to see you naked,i thought people were more relaxed with nudity these days but here in the UK we seem unable to cope with it.

D_JohnUpHerPipe

1st Like
Media
I am twenty, i went to a spa resort the other week and dropped my shorts no hassle. At the end of the day its only a penis and every man has one, pointless getting all insecure about it! :) !

xxdrakexx

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am 18 and I always shower at the gym. Thats what they are there for, and I have nothing to be ashamed of.

montana101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Never showered in a public shower before but I don't think I would have a problem with it. I'm 18 and as long as it was just a shower with some guys chatting or whatever I'd be fine with it. Kinda been wanting to do if for a while now. Have a non sexual nude time with guys not something found often

ck85x65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perhaps this is a generational thing. Or, an attitude thing, I don't know.

My first experience with group showers was in grade 7 phys ed, when I was 12 years old. Puberty had hit me like a ton of bricks when I was 11, and I was the only guy in the room who had started the changes. I was certainly a curiosity, but our phys ed teacher hammered it into our thick skulls that after physical exercise, we all stunk to high heaven and needed both a shower and deodorant. Thus it was presented to us as an issue of hygiene. He stayed in the shower with us, not because he was a perv, but because he could (loudly, so that all could hear he was applying the rule fairly) tell the reluctant boys that they weren't leaving till they showered. It was a big deal for the first two classes, then we smartened up. The teacher would also not allow any teasing or comments about any of the naked boys in his presence there in the change room and showers. One guy got a hardon, and the teacher's only reaction was to say (again, loud enough for all to hear) "Nice hardon Matt ... good to see you're normal". After that any and all hardons were a non-embarassing issue, and while noted, no comments or teasing resulted. One kid tried to be cool by making fun of my pubic hair, and was quickly corrected by the teacher, who called him a stupid ass, the same thing was going to happen to everyone in the room, in their own sweet time. We thus learned that the only thing worse being the first to go through puberty was to be the last to go through puberty, but at the end of the day, we all got there regardless.

I don't know about Midwest or Southern Baptist attitudes (I am Canadian) but I just have to relate that several years later, while driving my car, I scanned across the FM band looking for some good music. The radio stopped at an American station, where an evangelical / Baptist preacher was urging the congregation to "help our youth". Or something like that, there were spontaneous shouts of "hallelujia" and "Amen" from the congregation.

Unfortunately, the dear man was pronouncing it "poooooburty". I was laughing so hard, I damn near hit a guardrail.

I was wondering if one of the younger guys can explain why younger guys seal the curtain shut to shower, but after they are done showering, they come out of the stall to towel off completely naked 2 feet away from you? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that the modesty drops when they are towelling off, but really, what is the difference between showering and towelling off around other guys? I don't get it. Thankfully, the towel dance seems to be losing favour among the young guys. I have seen very few guys doing it in the last couple of months.

IM young, (21 be 22 in December).. and i workout at ballys almost everyday. & I shower nude all the time, i have no shame in the game!!!..but i have notice most guys my age or younger 17 to 20 usually have ther shorts or underwear on while showering.. i chuckle to my self.... but idk why its a big deal letting it all hang out is so much relaxing!