Do younger women like to embark on relationships with older guys?

Marius2000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey everyone...Just wondered about your thoughts on a relationship between a younger woman and and older man...

Iam forty-one years old and Iam attracted to my co worker, she is twenty-seven years old and single ( no boyfriend )..we flirt quite often, but lately her gaze on me has lingered on me longer more than usual..

I smile at her and she smiles back and blushes...

Iam sure she is aware of my age...if I ask her out, will I be making a fool of myself?

I have never been attracted to a younger woman before...and feel pretty nervous...

I would appreciate some advice please and has anyone else been in my situation?:redface:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're probably fine in the age department. I dated a 41 year old when I was 30.

I would be more concerned with the work relationship than I would with the age difference. I make it a policy not to date my co-workers (not that any of my co-workers have ever asked me out, though...maybe they have the same policy (in the case of the single ones), or just as likely, the fact that nearly all of my male co-workers have been married.)

zaza

Experimental Member
Media
I think at the ages you both are it will make very little difference. This is not an uncommon age gap, and as we get older the liklihood of being attracted to someone younger increases.

If she were 17 and you 31 it might be more relevant.

Marius2000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:redface: Thank you very much from the responses so far.....i would like to see more, especially from the fellas around my age group...how would they handle the situation?

Looking forward to any input from anyone..:smile:

Cheers

confusedman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i am not in your age range at all but if she blushes and you want her then you should try something and be polite but not nervous.give it a chance life is too short to think everything in details and to search for parameters and the "correct" and "normal" thing.you will not offend her by asking her out.i thing that she will be flattered a lot.i know a married couple in which the man is 65 and her wife is 26 and recenlty she gave birth in twins and there are really happy and i know this from the first hand because she has told me that she loves him a lot and that he is the man of her dreams and all this stuff and that she would never cheat on him with anyone else etc etc.so age can be an obstacle in what society thinks but age never can be an obstacle in love and in the heart.that's my advice.so try it and be discreet as she is co-worker.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been married for six years to someone 11 years older than me. He was my boss for three years and asked me out after we both left the company. I was a little weirded out at first, but it turned out very well. Honestly, I'd be more concerned about dating a co-worker than dating someone younger than you. That can be a real mess.

Marius2000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been married for six years to someone 11 years older than me. He was my boss for three years and asked me out after we both left the company. I was a little weirded out at first, but it turned out very well. Honestly, I'd be more concerned about dating a co-worker than dating someone younger than you. That can be a real mess.

Thank you for your advice Snoozan....but I would like the chance...maybe if I got a move to a different unit..we are both Registered Nurses...but remain in the same hospital..

AArrgh!...I dunno what to do..lol:redface:

andynctx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I started dating a 24 year-old co-worker when I was 42. Despite the 18 year age difference, we have a lot in common. We've now been together for 5 years.

As for myself, I am attracted to younger petite women. My girlfriend was attracted to me because of my maturity, sophistication and the fact that I always treated her with respect. She also appreciates my sexual experience and abilities; this in contrast to guys her age she feels are self-absorbed, impatient, and incompetent in bed... not my generalization, hers.

Initially I was intimidated by the idea of asking her out, but desire won out over fear and I took a shot. When she said "yes", I about fell over. From that day forward, things have been wonderful for us. In retrospect I'm very happy that I took the risk, and put the fear of rejection and looking like an "old fool" aside.

Marius2000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I started dating a 24 year-old co-worker when I was 42. Despite the 18 year age difference, we have a lot in common. We've now been together for 5 years.

As for myself, I am attracted to younger petite women. My girlfriend was attracted to me because of my maturity, sophistication and the fact that I always treated her with respect. She also appreciates my sexual experience and abilities; this in contrast to guys her age she feels are self-absorbed, impatient, and incompetent in bed... not my generalization, hers.

Initially I was intimidated by the idea of asking her out, but desire won out over fear and I took a shot. When she said "yes", I about fell over. From that day forward, things have been wonderful for us. In retrospect I'm very happy that I took the risk, and put the fear of rejection and looking like an "old fool" aside.

Yahoo! Thanks man....that's exactly what I wanted to hear...it's given my confidence a boost already...

Wish you all the best andy....cheers:biggrin1:

D_Ariva_DerChee

Account Disabled
Media
Your friends or family might give you a little hell, But if they care about you, they'll be more concerned for your happiness, than such trival things as age.

I've always dated older men, And it used to bother my family because of some BIG age gaps, but they began to realise why i felt the way i did, and just supported my happiness, as they shouldve.

Age doesnt matter much to most women. And if she takes the time to flirt and smile with you, she obviously wants to take time to make it more.

Have fun :)

flingmeinak

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm in about the same boat but 10 years removed. I'm 30 but most of the women (not at work) I've met recently and that I'm are attracted to (just started dating again after a 5+ year relationship) are much younger than me. I just finished an MBA and being on campus LOTS means I'm around mostly 18-24 year old women.

I've met 19 year olds that are incredibly articulate and quite self actualized but that is rarely the case. BUT sometimes being around a Lindsay-Lohan-wannabe, I-just-read-"Doing It", is-this-skirt-too-short **eyebat** girl is fun/entertaining and it definately puts a smile on this "kitten" dater.

My advise would be go for it. Do it outside of work. Think about what you want from a relationship (be it 1 nice dinner, a week of sex or completely exclusivity). Be honest. Wear a rubber.

27 is much older than 19 ---> But don't be surprised (or disappointed) if she doesnt dig your music or get your inside jokes.