Do your co-workers HATE you?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dolf250, Oct 3, 2006.

1. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

Taken from the September issue of worksite news.
    If you experience that strange feeling that you're hated around the office, you are not alone- they probably do to. An on line poll of 2000 adults in the U.K. (done by 72 point- a news agency in the U.K.) said that fully 22% of respondents confess to despising their colleagues. 3/4s say they regularly gossip about colleagues behind their backs at the office and 25% gossip elsewhere. 1/3 cannot bring themselves to socialize with colleagues after hours at all. 1 in 10 chatted with workmates on IM or e-mail about colleagues.
    There you have it- you just may be hated. I read this (in print- it is not available on line that I found) and thought that I would share the happy news. Glad I work by myself. If my co-worker hates me then I will just have to sit my other personality down and have a little “one on one” chat.:biggrin1:

2. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I work in a place where i dont have anything in common with the other people, approx. 95% of them being middle aged asian women. And i say i would be lucky to talk to 5/100 of them..I find they are to pretencious and are only concerened about what each other have/havent got.

And to be honest i am quite happy that i dont talk to them and get stuck in their little bitching circles..i keep to myself and i like it that way so i assume they view me as being stuck up and arrogant........but who cares

3. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I get along well with my fellow workers and have formed outside friendships with some, the slackers on the other hand don't much like me. Go figure.

4. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

No where i work i get along with everybody. I like everybody and they treat me well. I am a people person:cool:

5. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Where's my FUCKING deer rifle?

6. mindseye

Gold Member

Heh. My colleagues are completely indifferent to my presence. I just started my tenth year teaching at VT (1 year part-time, 8 years full-time), and last spring I ran into a colleague who did a double-take when he saw me, and blustered, "... you're still here?"

7. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Huh! you ain't alone there, Mindseye. About 50% of the people at the Depot pretty much have their own agenda, and the other 50% are people I can honestly say I'd have a beer with sometime.
    Management, on the other hand, well I'd sooner drink scotch with crushed glass before I'd even think of it.

8. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

That's not what I heard :eek:

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

No i like everybody I can get along with anyone.:cool:

10. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

That's easy to say when you work at the morgue :wink:

11. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Thats a good one:tongue: I really work in a meat packing plant

12. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

I knew that - I've seen your gallery.

13. Gisella

Gold Member

People, people..do not dispair! :rolleyes:

Take a simple DiSC assesment and than you will find out about yourself and your collegues...and I thought that most of you were already being test before getting jo positions...well, I jus presume that most US business being results and $$$ oriented just did it...

Well, I was given the test and was not even in work invironment but bcause was to learn to work in a group...and than I discover that my style can make 1/2 people crazy and 1/2 happy..as an ID both Dominance and Influence I'm what they call the perfect sales person...:biggrin1: and I too like to work without rules and hate status quo and blabla..now things are much better to me and the way I see and deal with others...most of the time...:tongue:

Just try it and take an assesment...

More info you can find online and just and example of what DisC is bellow:

http://www.profiles4u.com/what-is-disc-profile.asp

Hope you all peaceful workplace and sucess too..:smile:

14. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

I'm one of only few female engineers at my division. Relating to the guys, I have little problems, I know there's talk about me behind my back, but I don't care. You read it, 3/4 do so, and most of it is harmless stuff, or natural criticism. One can't be everybody's darling, and really I don't want to be. And if someone wants to do battle with me on anything professional, he better prepares carefully.

However, the women are another breed. I have to know, I'm one myself, and poisoned darts of the verbal kind is the way most women carry out their fights. Men have a straighter approach to clear antipathy, women like to use more subtle, but nonetheless powerful weapons to go at opponents. And if you confront them about it, they do like, "Who? Me?" and are all innocent about it.

I know that I have the reputation of a wild girl at work. What I did wrong was that I 'outed' myself as a sexual kind of person to other female co-workers, which shocked them to a degree that I can still see them staring at me behind my back. But I also see that the main reason for their behavior is envy or jealousy. So, I really don't care much. Quite the contrary, I like to fuel their envy sometimes by wearing yesterday's clothes to work.

15. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Virginia Tech?

16. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

I would imagine it is best to get along with others when they are holding a power saw and there is easy access to a meat grinder!

Actually, my Opa worked at Canada packers for nearly 40 years after arriving from Germany after the second world war. It was one of the few jobs you didn't need perfect English and that paid well.

17. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I work directly with only a few people, we get along marvelously, and one of them introduced me to this site, so...no.

18. Hatched69

Hatched69 Member

Albums:
    Since I am "boss", I try to make sure my employees are happy and content. The only time there's been a problem was a long road trip to a convention with 3 of us in the car, and I'd had brats and sauerkraut the night before, which made me a bit "gassy".....:rolleyes: There was a bit of discontent among the passengers, but I was waiting on someone to say something just to see if they'd challenge me (big boss man, ya know). Nope! They just turned green and rolled down the windows.:biggrin1: They were careful to watch my diet the rest of the trip....

19. dannymawg

Gold Member

Earlier this year I was laid off from a 5+ year gig in management for a grossly bloated telecom. It was a good job, save for the cattiness/gossip/petty politics. The M/F ratio was maybe 1M:5F and very racially diverse, and I often found difficulties in managing tasks/people due to petty issues. I'm of the opinion that a ulterior motive of my job cut was due to immediate upper management recognizing that I didn't "play the game" and participate in the politics/gossip - I just showed up, kicked out the jams, was civil/egalitarian/made water cooler talk/ate a piece of birthday cake when available, and went home - to socialize with people I chose to, not those I was thrown together with for 8+ hours a day, some of which who were suffering from serious social deficits (but still have their fuckin jobs :mad: ).

So here I am, bought my first home computer for the job hunt, and I'm on LPSG :rolleyes:

20. Gisella

Gold Member

:hug: Big hug to you Dannyhorse

While you hunt for jobs, you have fun with us at LPSG!!!:wink:

Best wishes to you!!!:smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted