Doco on why circumcision is wrong!

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by D_SpearAgnew, Feb 27, 2012.

?

My beliefs?

1. I like circumcision

41.0%
  2. I dislike circumcision

59.0%
  1. D_SpearAgnew

D_SpearAgnew New Member

I know there is a distinct line between people who like circumcision and those who don't.

I for one think it is barbaric to complete the procedure on non consenting children amongst other beliefs!

This I came across and found to be very concise!

Mom, why did you circumcise me? - YouTube

Ps. I am not posting this in any malice towards peoples views, I am just sharing mine.

2. tgirlsrgreat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    :aargh4::argue::pat::banghead2::banghead2:

3. D_Bubba_Butter

D_Bubba_Butter Account Disabled

You should really have divided responders up into cut & uncut, so you can see whether a guy's status influences his answer.

And you should probably have also had a 'no strong feelings either way' option.

Just a thought...

4. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

I asked my mom...
    She said because, In 1957, doctors advised that routine circumcision would reduce the chances of contracting STDs in adulthood.... It was part of a national effort to reduce transmission rates of syphilis and gonorrhea... and, during the period it was common, transmission rates for those diseases actually DID drop dramatically.

Modern studies have shown that this is still true. That proper surgically performed circumcision cuts transmission rates of stds in general, and particularly that of HIV.
    As a public health measure, it saves lives, and prevents epidemic growth of disease in populations that practice serial adultery. ( most African cultures )

As to doing it without consent of the child, there is less risk to circumcision than vaccination, and that was done to me without my consent, either.
    And, unlike circumcision, which is optional, vaccination is actually State mandated... because it really does save lives...

So... that is WHY it was done... and frankly, I find the reasons more than adequate to make me fine with the fact that I am missing a little flap of skin that some other boys have.
    I really could care less.

If you're mad at your parents for circumcising you... grow the fuck up and deal with it... Its done.

And those people who feel the need to force others to do things they way they think they ought to be should really get some treatment for their chronic cases of Busybodytis.

5. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Good Grief :wtf2: :pat:

Mods, Can't we PLEASE get a Forum, or at least a sticky thread that all these can be posted??

We know that there are strong feelings, both sides. We know that they are never going to stop being posted and debated about.

But, why does there have to be new threads over and over again??

6. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Hey Phil. I asked my mom about it too a few years ago when I first met an uncut guy. Had nothing to do with this ongoing debate, mind you. I was in my thirties and never met an uncut guy until I traveled more throughout Europe.

My mom didn't actually have a reason. She just said that's what was done back in the mid 50s. Neither she nor my dad were asked - it just happened. Am I angry or hold a grudge? No way! I can't hold them accountable for the beliefs of the day. The information then was not as readily available as it is today. Doctors BELIEVED it was better and that's what they passed on to their patients. Moreover, I really believe that doctors thought that it was the right thing to do for various reasons. Growing up NO ONE was uncut. Every friend, classmates, family member was cut. Hell, my dad and his twin brother were born at home and taken days later to the hospital for their circumcision - that was the early 30s!! So, at least in New Orleans, it was an ingrained practice and I'm willing to bet that old, local (traditional) families in places like New Orleans still have their sons circed at birth.

To those guys angry at being circed without their consent, you really need therapy - and a job that keeps you occupied. Start stretching or something... but leave those of us content with our status out of it.

7. hungteen19921992

hungteen19921992 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Case closed. This isn't even a major issue of discussion. Circumcision does not negatively impact your life in any way - its not like it causes problems later in life, and it's not as if the infant brain can process memories to remember being circumcised.

Moot point.

8. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Moot point means "open to discussion" whereas most people think it means, "irrelevant or pointless discussion".

9. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Those guys are imbeciles.
    And your mother must not have bothered to ask... My mother DID ask about every procedure a doctor performed on her children.

It was an effective public health measure. And Those guys have no idea how many cases of debilitating disease they did not get because so many of their fellows were cut. No idea how many women lived healthy lives because so many men were cut.
    That's the great thing about prevention... You never can count all the Kids who AREN'T infected with polio.

Sorry... being mad over something so utterly without negative consequence and so absolutely beneficial to society at large, especially in a sexually more permissive era, is just invented outrage.
    It's petulance of the most self centered sort.

But, honestly... go ahead... pitch a fit... work yourselves up.... cry a river...

Just don't shove YOUR fixation over the tip of your dick down other people's throats thru legislation.

Those of us who do not agree should not be criminalized because we actually do have better things to do than moan dolorously over a foreskin.

10. sargon20

Gold Member

It's been asked before. Begged for in fact. I suggest a network. CNN - Circumcision News Network that could be spun-off from LPSG and to form a giant 24/7 circ news. All circ threats could automatically get routed there keeping the parent entity, LPSG, circ discussion free.

11. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    No, it wasn't. All the circumcision fad did was leave the US with one of the highest HIV and STI rates in the developed world.

Polio was an epidemic. It's a disease. And it most definitely was possible to measure whether the vaccine was effective in eradicating it.

What exactly was the epidemic that circumcision was addressing? Using evidence-based medicine, it failed wretchedly as a preventative of anything. Health statistics from Australia demonstrate that childhood and young adult health has never been better since they have shifted markedly away from infant circumcision. In fact, no country that has abandoned infant circumcision has experienced any increase in STIs, sexual dissatisfaction or infant deaths; all have shown decreases in every category. Plus, they have demonstrated a massive drop in infant surgery complications and a whopping cost savings.

In the 1960s you would have been laughed out of your neighborhood for buying an American car without whitewall tires. It was a useless cosmetic affectation (just like infant circumcision) that Americans once thought was an improvement and would last forever. They've now gone the way of the dodo bird, as infant circumcision will, too.

12. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh look! A new topic which has never been discussed before:rolleyes:

13. AlphaMale

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Actually the word "moot" can mean both of those things.

Moot | Define Moot at Dictionary.com

1. open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.

2. of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.

==

So if you were to say, "That's a moot point." It would make sense to understand that as, "That's a point of little or no practical value."

14. LargeOneFromHell

LargeOneFromHell New Member

I am not sure about mine. when it is flaccid, it's uncut but when erect it is cut. I think it is main uncut... or not...

15. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I think this one is dragged out for convenience. HIV and STD rates are, to a large extent, proportionate to the population and demographics of a country. Black/African American and Hispanic/Latino communities have been disproportionately affected by HIV in the US - almost twice that of whites. How many Black men are cut v uncut? And how many white men are cut v uncut? That part is hard to discern, unfortunately, because I'm not sure the CDC actually keeps those statistic. But look at it State by State. Texas and Florida, two States with much higher Mexican/South American populations (= more uncut men maybe) have the highest HIV infection rates in the US. New York (the highest) has a more European immigrant and Puerto Rican population.

Moreover, I think what people are saying about HIV being more easily transmitted in uncut men, is that in anal sex, the top might contract it more easily in bareback sex because the more porous, mucus membrane (inner foreskin) is more susceptible to transmission than the kerotonized (?) skin of a cut man. Although the urethra, also a mucus membrane, is equally susceptible in both.

16. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here the fuck we go again. Some people are obsessed.

17. D_Miranda_Wrights

D_Miranda_Wrights Account Disabled

It's always funny to see people re-posting arguments that were rebutted in other threads like those threads never even happened.

18. lefebvre254

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'll go grab my popcorn and drink, this should be an entertaining show.

19. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I met Michael Schaap in Italy while he was doing some interviews related to this video project. He was traveling with a cameraman. We had a nice lunch and spent part of an afternoon together. He had many questions regarding circumcision and we discussed various historical, sociological and religious aspects of it. I also helped him with referrals to some authors, doctors and others he could interview as he put the film together. The final product turned out quite professional and engaging.

20. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Repeated studies of gay men have not borne out this theory at all. The CDC made mention a few years ago that they expected to find such a connection, and it never panned out.

Moreover, the science regarding this is completely the opposite. It has been known for a long time in the medical and scientific community that live, moist mucosa is a far more effective barrier against bacterial and viral infection than is dried-out mucosa.

Dezzutti of the CDC:

Conclusions: Both primary and immortalized epithelial cells have the capacity to transiently sequester HIV, but primary (PrEC) cells are incapable of transmission. Further, formation of a tight-junction monolayer by PrEC did not allow transcytosis of cell-free or cell-associated HIV. Collectively, these data suggest that the in vivo mucosal epithelial barrier protects against HIV transmission

Teunis Geijtenbeek, Ph.D., department of molecular cell biology and immunology, Vrije University Medical Center, Amsterdam:

Scientists Discover 'Natural Barrier' to HIV

Other studies that implied a possible heightened risk of infection through Langerhans cells were performed with severed tissue in vitro, not in vivo. Also, not a single published study has demonstrated a heightened propensity for the skin of the intact penis to tear, including the foreskin; the only mentions of microtears have been regarding circumcised men. Further, it's been suspected that the risk for microtears and abrasion in women during intercourse is heightened with circumcised male partners, and the RCT in Uganda studying HIV transmission to women found a 50% greater risk if the male partner was circumcised.

In short: the differences aren't compelling, but circumcision sure ain't helping.

Draft saved Draft deleted