Doctor check ups

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Titsdude21, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Titsdude21

Titsdude21 Member

Albums:
    Ok well im st8 (almost :p) and i was wondering about which gender of doctor i would rather go to for a check up.

So here is my question, would u rather go to a doctor of the same gender as you self? or of a different gender, for a check up down stairs?

Thought and reason for your choice?

2. boyla001

boyla001 New Member

Albums:
    Male doctor. It's just easier to talk to him about male issues. I mean, we have the same equipment!

3. D_Brecock Evileye

D_Brecock Evileye New Member

Male, I think it is safe to say that when you are worried about something in that region, a man understands how you feel.

4. Pecker Check

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A different gender? (How many are there?)

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Ok, well I'm gay (almost :p) and I would only go to a male doctor, as a GP (or a urologist!), that is. There are certain things I feel more comfortable discussing with men and certain types of pain or concerns I feel they'll understand better intrinsically. However, for most specialties, I don't care which sex the doctor might be. I only care that they're the best.

6. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    Who knows better the ins and outs of my ins and outs than a male doctor.

7. D_Doe_Ray_Mi

D_Doe_Ray_Mi Account Disabled

Generally I prefer a male physician but my current urologist is a woman. That referral and decision was based on qualifications and alternative medicine orientation. It was slightly awkward at the first, cock in her face moment, but she is very professional, gentle, knowledgeable and a great doc. No regrets.

8. giant11

Gold Member

i go to a female doctor. that is perfectly fine i am very happy with her as a doctor and she has had the same training as men. she is a very good doctor .i feel comfortable with her .

9. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not fussed .. either Male or Female Dr is OK'
    Had both of them at times, currently a male
    Have had Digital Prostate by both
    and tell you what .. the Lady Dr was far more gentle than the Guy Dr
    who almost seemingly begrugingly did the deed
    No worries tho with either one, i geuss not the best of tasks to perform on an outsider.. to some degree.
    enz
    btw Str8 or Gay...when it comes to the Prostate check (after or in conjunction with the PSA) does not matter aye? a finger in that area just HAS to be accepted'

10. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    For the digital prostrate the female doctors generally have smaller fingers so it is usually more pleasant.

I have had the exam performed by both male and females. Females are more gentle.

11. eddie63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Male Doctor, easier for me to talk about male problems.

12. uncutaussie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The twice I've had to show my package in the past I chose younger male doctors, I had a female once when I had a bike accident and damaged my testicles, but I could tell she actually felt uncomfortable with the situation, as she asked if she could bring in a nurse as well, maybe because I was 17 at the time, or maybe because the nurse was a friend! She spent about 30 minutes feeling around, was very gentle and professional. However I've found guys have the same stuff, and generally have a humor to dealing with things in the area that I wonder if females would think are dumb questions! No evidence of it, but I also think a male is going to read more into medical journals on penis topics as it may self apply!

13. Titsdude21

Titsdude21 Member

Albums:
    Thanx for the the replies, i do agree with most of them.

The only thing that i wonder is embarrassment factor, i.e if u were to get a hard on with a male doc it would be Pretty bloody embarrassing lol. But with a female doc, maybe a little less so?

14. pasarefun

pasarefun Member

Albums:
    I have a female GP and am very comfortable with her. I find that she has small hands and is very professional. I don't have any problems showing her my penis (and she said something like "I have never seen one that large" - too bad she was commenting on my prince albert. )
    She also has to bring in a nurse when I drop my pants. I was strange the first time when the nurse hid behind a towel so I asked her not too since I would have hoped that the nurse had seen a penis before and now it is not a problem.
    I would suggest that you just go with who is comfortable with you and change if you are not able to be open with your doctor. Remember, they are there to help you, not judge you.

15. Channelwood

Channelwood New Member

I've had two female GPs and one male GP over the last 20+ years. I find absolutely no difference in discussing problems or with DREs as a function of sex of the doctor. As a matter of fact, I preferred the female GPs, but I think it's primarily because they were very personable and easy to talk to, and the male GP is slightly arrogant and some recent decisions by him make me question his judgment.

One of the female GPs said after a DRE, "That's the nicest prostate I've felt in a long time." I laughed.

16. 8inchfordoc

8inchfordoc Member

Albums:
    No doubt about it for me...male doctor. I am much more comfortable discussing male related issues with a man. My doc and I are around the same age and he also uses the same gym that I do. Therefore, I have seen him naked many times. We are very comfortable with our mutual nudity although I am quite a bit larger than he is in the penis department.

17. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I like my male urologist. He has been gentle, kind, understanding, and I don't feel embarrassed to tell him dick jokes. He feels the same comfort around me.

18. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I'm straight and prefer a male doctor, but have had 2 female doctors do physical exams over the years. the one female was a new doctor, and when she went to give me the hernia(cough) test she was very embarrassed. she turned her head one way, and reached under the gown, and grabbed my cock!!! she said, "oh my!" and then grabbed my nut sack. when we done, she made the statement that "someone else was going to have to do this from now on".

Draft saved Draft deleted