Doctor refuses to treat you based on how you voted in 2008

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Dr. Jack Cassel, a urologist in Florida has posted a sign on his door that says if you voted for Obama to seek care elsewhere.

Urologist Posts His Politics on His Florida Office Door - NYTimes.com

Doctors take a Hippocratic Oath to practice medicine ethically. Regardless if there's no law against the discrimination of people based on political affiliation or voting record, to deny against people treatment based on such stipulations is completely unethical.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol... Trust me, that won't last long... Not where he lives.

The easiest solution for that is to notify his property insurer.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
That's a urologist I'd like the opportunity to strap down and insert the largest catheter possible, then take my time deflating and reinflating it as I took it out and put it back in until the amusement wore off -- and you'd be horrified to know what things can capture my attention for hours.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Both of these so-called doctors need to lose their licenses. It's amazing how hateful people are becoming these days... and I'm sure the worst is still yet to come.
VB, I believe that Indy's post was a joke, and if it is it's a good one. If not, any doctor that limits care based on politics deserves to lose their license.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Both of these so-called doctors need to lose their licenses. It's amazing how hateful people are becoming these days... and I'm sure the worst is still yet to come.
Oh Honey, you need your reading glasses........the proctologist story is a total snark

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I walked into my doctor's office to see such a poster, I would politely cancel my appointment at the desk and leave. Nothing speaks stronger or louder than our wallets, and I often let mine to my talking.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In point of fact, there is no such ethical requirement

"..The American Medical Association allows doctors to choose their patients..."

Medical Experts Riled as Doctors Try to Censor Their Patients - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News - FOXNews.com

the only time physicians are required to attend to the care of someone, is if there a life-threatening emergency

which goes to show the fascist colour of the left

as I've always said, at this juncture of our history, the gravest threat to the well-being and security of our nation, the gravest threat to our ideals is from the left

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
^^^^^^
As stated in my OP....
Regardless if there's no law against the discrimination of people based on political affiliation or voting record, to deny against people treatment based on such stipulations is completely unethical.

This has nothing to do with political affiliation or ideology. Doctors take a Hippocratic Oath to practice medicine ethically. Your political beliefs are not a viable means to judge anyone, never mind on the basis of health care. But I thank you for bringing nothing to the table, Captain Oblivious. :rolleyes:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you are omitting the obvious -- you violate his freedom and compel him to accept, in a non-emergency situation, someone to comply with your doctrinal demand

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hippocratic Oath:

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant: I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.
I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.
I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.
I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.
I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.
I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.
I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.
I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.
If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

I didn't see "Unless I don't like the way they vote"

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
you are omitting the obvious -- you violate his freedom and compel him to accept, in a non-emergency situation, someone to comply with your doctrinal demand

Wrong, bigot.
You're dreaming up something I never referred to. Never once did I say that he didn't have a right to say what he felt, nor am I violating his right to "free speech" by voicing my own in protest. If anything, I'm exercising my right to free speech as well to say exactly how I feel on the situation. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that I'm trying to silence someone.

I'm never going to need to see a urologist in Florida so I don't really care if someone wants to do business with him even after this fiasco. More power to those who would. Besides, the fact that he put this sign up will do more to his business negatively than anything I can say. I don't have to tell him to take it down or push for authorities to make him do it... when he sees his profits start to dwindle, he'll do it on his own and dream up some fake apology for his actions.

So, now that we've effectively eliminated your usual First Amendment rhetorical nonsense is there anything else you'd like to bring to the table besides politically bigoted assumptions that do not apply to me?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Representative Grayson(Kickass-Fl):
Congressman Alan Grayson has filed a formal complaint with the Florida Department of Health and the Florida Medical board after a voter in his district sent him a picture of this -- Pissed-off Florida urologist to Obama supporters: Go somewhere else.
REP. ALAN GRAYSON: He's a very confused individual. That much is obvious.
But what he's doing clearly is a violation of the ethics rules that you cited earlier, the Hippocratic oath, the rules of the AMA. And it's at the expense of his patients and care. What he's doing is no different from saying, "I will not treat a black person. I will not treat a Catholic."
I thought that we, as a country, has moved beyond that.
COOPER: But wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute.
I mean, I'm not taking a side. I'm not taking anybody's side in this, but, just for accuracy's sake, he has said nothing about race. And race is a protected category. I mean, there are -- it is illegal to discriminate someone based on race. It is not illegal to say you don't want to treat somebody because you don't like their politics. Politics is not a protected class.
GRAYSON: Well, in fact, where he lives, in Mount Dora, which is in my district, many, many of the Democrats who live in Mount Dora happen to be African-Americans.
So, by saying that he will not treat somebody who supported Obama, he's saying that he's not going to treat a large number of African-Americans in the community.

COOPER: Wait. So, you're saying race is at the core of this? Come on. There is no evidence of that at all.
GRAYSON: No, I'm saying -- I'm saying that it shows very poor judgment. And the effect of this -- the effect of this is to set us back as a country. That's why I'm disgusted by it.
COOPER: But, again, he's not doing anything illegal.
GRAYSON: Well, that remains to be seen. You know, he's licensed. There are licensing authorities who are going to look into what he's doing. And I hope that they will take action, because, frankly, I think a lot of people are disturbed just to go into his office. He's turned his inner office, his reception area, into some shrine of right-wing nuttery.
Alan Grayson: Urologist Who Put Anti-Obama Signs Up in Violation of Ethics Rules | Video Cafe