Doctor refuses to treat you based on how you voted in 2008

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good for him.

We need people who will take a stand. I THOUGHT that was what this country was about. But no, disagree with the left and you are branded all sorts of evil things...

The left people would love him if his stand was in line with their world view.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Good for him.

We need people who will take a stand. I THOUGHT that was what this country was about. But no, disagree with the left and you are branded all sorts of evil things...

Obviously not, considering VBs reaction to the fake story about the dem doctor.

Ill stop publicising the error now:tongue:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Good for him.

This is not a left vs. right issue. Doctors are to treat people, regardless of whom they vote for. Read the Hippocratic Oath and understand what that means. Feel free to take a "stand" on whatever issue you want... but when you're standing for discrimination and bigotry based on someone's voting record, then don't get mad if other people take a stand and express their disgust. I could careless if the person sitting in front of me voted for McCain/Palin in 2008. If it's my obligation to help them, then I do it. Period.

That is what people do. THAT is what this country is supposed to be about.

Of course, that's just my credo. Who knows what lies in the minds of people who think it's OK to refuse someone treatment all because they voted for someone they didn't like in 2008... :rolleyes:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"...The AMA has a code of ethics, but there is, in fact, no version of the Hippocratic Oath that the AMA espouses or promotes. This is the information we have received from the AMA's Ethics Division...."

AMA Hippocratic Oath

You seem to have a problem with determining what is right or wrong on what grounds. :rolleyes:

Is it legal for the doctor to refuse treatment to people based on their voting record? Since there isn't a law on the books that says that you can't, then he has that right to do so. Ethically, on a basic human level, is it right? The answer is no. It's discriminatory and bigoted... you know exactly what the f*** that means so you can stop trying to defend the son of a bitch now. Everyone knows you're just giddy that someone else decided to be your sacrificial lamb for your sectarian ideologies. Because we all know YOU wouldn't have the balls to do what he did.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
You seem to have a problem with determining what is right or wrong on what grounds. :rolleyes:

Is it legal for the doctor to refuse treatment to people based on their voting record? Since there isn't a law on the books that says that you can't, then he has that right to do so. Ethically, on a basic human level, is it right? The answer is no. It's discriminatory and bigoted... you know exactly what the f*** that means so you can stop trying to defend the son of a bitch now. Everyone knows you're just giddy that someone else decided to be your sacrificial lamb for your sectarian ideologies. Because we all know YOU wouldn't have the balls to do what he did.
If i were a gay man.........I mean, yeah what he said

dad4you

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dr. Jack Cassel, a urologist in Florida has posted a sign on his door that says if you voted for Obama to seek care elsewhere.

Urologist Posts His Politics on His Florida Office Door - NYTimes.com

Doctors take a Hippocratic Oath to practice medicine ethically. Regardless if there's no law against the discrimination of people based on political affiliation or voting record, to deny against people treatment based on such stipulations is completely unethical.

Idaho just passed a law that says that medical practitioners can deny services to anyone based on moral grounds. Thus, a rape victim has to search out a doctor who will perform an abortion or carry the child that rape produces. A Gay man or Lesbian woman can be denied service just because the medical provider thinks that sexual orientation is a "choice". These are only 2 examples of how this heinous law will be used to degrade people in Idaho once again. :mad::frown1:

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

he has to do what he believes is correct, moral, and just

that is something, predictably, that someone on the left, who has no notions of such, (unless they can be found in his little red book), would not understand or recognize

actually, without going into it, since the thread is not about me, there are physicians I would never visit, based on different aspects of their identity

again, since those reasons are not to be cited in your little red book, I am sure you'd disapprove

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
he has to do what he believes is correct, moral, and just

And what he believes to be correct, moral and just is discriminatory, bigoted and ethically unacceptable.

that is something, predictably, that someone on the left, who has no notions of such, (unless they can be found in his little red book), would not understand or recognize

Little boy, I know more about ethics than you could ever fathom. The fact that you write off everything you don't agree with as "liberal" further illustrates your ignorance. Treating people with respect and looking past a person's differences is what people are supposed to do. Period. Denying someone medical treatment based on their voting record is just fuckin' stupid. PERIOD. There's absolutely no moral or just cause for it... just someone who wanted to become a martyr for some bigoted ideology that does nothing to better anyone in this country.

actually, without going into it, since the thread is not about me, there are physicians I would never visit, based on different aspects of their identity... again, since those reasons are not to be cited in your little red book, I am sure you'd disapprove

I don't need a little red book as much as you need a copy of the Bible to masturbate with. But I digress... we already know you're a bigot so this comment doesn't surprise anyone here in the least. Doesn't it feel good to at least own up to the label you've been trying to shed all this time? And people say I'm just name calling... :rolleyes:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Frankly, I wish it were a requirement of ALL doctors to post their political/religious positions in big red letters right up on top of that paper they want you to sign. You know, the one that asks "who's responsible for the bill"?

I'd much rather know up front whether my health is in the hands of someone who's going to perform their duties to the best of their ability, or in the hands of some sick fuck who'd just as soon let me lie there and die because of who they think I voted for. Fuck him.