Doctor visit "problems"...

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by B_bigziggy, Jul 3, 2007.

1. B_bigziggy

B_bigziggy New Member

Whenever I get my annual checkup...I ALWAYS get a hard-on when the doctor checks my balls.

It's very embarrasing -for both of us- and he always tries to talk about something to take my mind off of the situation.

Please tell me someone else has this problem!

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

Sorry, but my doc ain't that cute!

3. B_bigziggy

B_bigziggy New Member

The weird this is...neither is mine!

I think it's just that I try so hard NOT to get an erection that it's all that I think about.

Really embarrasing though!

4. chris4869

chris4869 New Member

Albums:
    You could try masterbating first before going in for the checkup.

5. crescendo69

Gold Member

I'll bet your doc has seen a lot of erections and doesn't think a thing about it. Doctors know about these things. Don't worry.

6. Max

Max New Member

I should think he is far less likely to be embarrassed than you are.

It seems to me that it is just one example of a wider phenomenon —

Anxiety about getting an erection in a given situation + that situation = an erection.

In my case, I can think of at least two examples. I always knew that it was vital for me not to get an erection in swimming trunks. So, for a while as a young guy, the simple act of pulling swim gear on would pretty well always cause a rapid erection, which wouldn't go down until I got into the water.

Much worse. Way further back, at school, there was one particular boy who often drew attention to my penis in the showers or in the changing room ... if he thought that someone else hadn't seen it before. Sometimes just by pointing, more often by some remark which he thought I couldn't hear. I got very nervous, very keen to avoid him, even more so because I got so self-concious that he simply had to be within ten feet of me for at least the beginnings of an erection to click in, sometimes the full blown article. Which just made him stare and point even more. I got to be the quickest boy into and out of the showers, and often pulled on my clothes any old how when still not properly dry. He might have begun to think that I fancied him, which was far from the case.

7. Omegaman

Omegaman Member

Albums:
    Annual Check Up ask to unbutton pant okay feeling lower stomach area without telling what next hands on my Balls and Cock! Damn you could have told me what next:eek:

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Funny - from a female pov I have found being turned (by thoughts of something else) before a check up quite useful. I would intentionally turn my thoughts to the sexual before a check up to help the doc out with a little natural lubrication. I find internals much more uncomfortable if I don't do that.

On what Omegaman said, doctors, in my experience, are always very careful with women to give plenty of warning of what part of the check up is coming next. They should extend the same courtesy to men, I'm surprised they don't.

9. forbiddensociety

forbiddensociety New Member

Albums:
    I can't remember my last check-up situation. Was quite a few years ago. I don't really recall how that situation was to tell you the truth haha. I'm sure doctors see that alot, I wouldn't fret over it. I'll let everyone know how my next appointment goes :tongue:

10. NIMBUS

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's absolutely true - and the trouble is that the results often then get you the wrong attention! I've always called them 'embarrassment erections' - but I like the term 'anxiety erections' better!

11. rimmer9

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just try not to poke his eye out.

12. swellguy

Gold Member

Albums:
    My doctor is a lesbian. No hard on's from this homo.

13. canuck_pa

Gold Member

When I was younger I always worried about getting hard when taking showers after gym class or during physicals. It never happened (thank God) until once when I was in my 40's. Getting dressed after a physical I got about 75% hard. Thankfully my doctor, who is also gay, is also a friend. We both just smiled. I've seen him naked and firmed up. Nothing sexual. There was 4 of us, including his lover, in his hot tub.

14. EFH33

EFH33 Member

Albums:
    Well... maybe its just that someone is fondling your balls. It's a pretty normal reaction for most men to get hard when someone is touching their tender vittles. :smile:

15. Grit

Grit Member

Worse senarios is in the ER when a guy is getting cleaned up from a wounld up and the missle launches. Does not happen much.

16. inwait8

inwait8 Active Member

Albums:
    I just had my annual check-up last week with a new doctor. She seemed rather awkward when it came time to check my balls... like she didn't know what to do. I had no problems with getting an erection though I almost started laughing at how embarrassed she seemed.

17. Dazza

Dazza Member

Albums:
    Is this an American healthcare thing? GP's don't do this in the UK. Guys are encouraged to self check their balls when they have a shower rather than see the GP each year to get felt up.

18. crescendo69

Gold Member

Well, my doc just checked for hernias ("turn and cough"). I don't remember much fondling, and I was standing with the robe on as he lifted it. Lasted 15 seconds.

19. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

Had a complete physical two years ago. One of my doctors is an American man, the other an Indian woman. She did the physical and didn't ask to look at my balls--first time in my life a physical hadn't included that.

20. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yea once when I was a getting a physical I got a huge hard on in the middle of it, it was really weird to me but at least the doctor (an old guy) was cool about it and just changed the subject and waited a minute for it to go down.

I know that I like to be naked and that on top of the fact that no doctor had ever requested that I completely take my underwear off before, and then I was wearing tighty whities that day too which are always sort of a turn on for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted