Doctor Who group

It's on BBCAmerica which shows a good bit of the primetime BBC line-up. I think that "Demons" is the latest show that we have here. Doctor Who is also shown on the SciFi channel.

PBS used to show Doctor Who in the 70s and 80s but stopped in the late 80s. That's where I saw my majority of the Tom Baker era shows that were broadcast.

David Tenant basically one-upped Tom Baker as the preeminent Doctor... his portrayal was just mind blowing and entertaining as HELL! I am still mourning the tenth doctor's demise. :frown1:

Thanks for the info Tripod! :)

I loved Tom Baker, and Peter Davison - but yup, DT has been great.

TheScotsman

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the drunkest doctor ever!

I dont think he is actually drunk when he does stand up but he makes it look very convincing

I really wish they did it though, even if it was a Comic Relief thing. The child in me wants to see Dylan Moran as Doctor Who, stumbling out of the TARDIS with half a dozen empty wine bottles smashing as he falls out.

I really wish they did it though, even if it was a Comic Relief thing. The child in me wants to see Dylan Moran as Doctor Who, stumbling out of the TARDIS with half a dozen empty wine bottles smashing as he falls out.

Joanna Lumley as Patsy from AbFab could be his pissed assistant. ;)

MuscledHorse

Superior Member
Media
Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hehe, cool! Who on LPSG would be the Doctor?
According to my friends I would be. The Doctor is who they compared me to for years until House came along and then everyone who knew me said I had to see that show; it was me with a cane and Lortab addiction. I think they were being complimentary. Somewhere in my photo albums I have pics from my late teens dressed in Peter Davison's costume and standing half out of the TARDIS. Yes, even us gym jocks can be geeks too :p

Last edited:

According to my friends I would be. The Doctor is who they compared me to for years until House came along and then everyone who knew me said I had to see that show; it was me with a cane and Lortab addiction. I think they were being complimentary. Somewhere in my photo albums I have pics from my late teens dressed in Peter Davison's costume and standing half out of the TARDIS. Yes, even us gym jocks can be geeks too :p

LOL! We need to get you one of his scarves. :wink:

Nottswanker

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Joanna Lumley as Patsy from AbFab could be his pissed assistant. ;)
Very good!
Here is a classic BBC Christmas Tape VT skit (a sort of gag reel that was internally circulated among producers at the end of each year) that Tom Baker did with Mary Tamm, Tom is probably rather the worse for wear for real!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4bgOroUhWI

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you must. It is now made for US audiences anyway - lots of angst and techno chat, no irony and no real endings (US tv progarmme controllers dictate it thus) so agree, but only if we can have a Bing Bang Theory bilateralism.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
He started off on Press Gang I think, he's done some other things I'm not into like Coupling. He's written some of the best New Who eps like Blink, The Empty Child, The Girl in the Fireplace.

Wow really? seriously;those are my favourite episodes, i loved Blink and the moving weeping angels, great stuff. " Are you my Mummy?" brill episode and the girl in the fireplace and the clockwork machines, i thought that was so sad, but fantastic.

Nottswanker

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow really? seriously;those are my favourite episodes, i loved Blink and the moving weeping angels, great stuff. " Are you my Mummy?" brill episode and the girl in the fireplace and the clockwork machines, i thought that was so sad, but fantastic.
He can actually write and structure an episode rather than RTD who seems to start from a ticklist of crowd pleasing set pieces and work backwards!

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
He can actually write and structure an episode rather than RTD who seems to start from a ticklist of crowd pleasing set pieces and work backwards!

Too true!

I've joined the group, and I'm looking forward to both Matt Smith and Stephen Moffat.