Dodd Turns On Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Flashy, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Flashy

Gold Member

Dodd: Administration pushed for language protecting bonuses

Dodd: Administration pushed for language protecting bonuses - CNN.com

this would be amusing if it wasn't such a prime example of business as usual no matter which party is in power.

since Obama and Dodd both received over $100,000 from AIG in 2008, it is funny to see how this plays out...

so? Who is it? Either Dodd or Obama who demanded specific language okaying the bonuses to AIG?

This is not going to bed well at all.

expect the volume today and tomorrow to go through the roof,.

This is the Obama administration's first "scandal"...not whitewater bad oar anything, but it looks really bad especially considering how angry the public is about these bonuses...either Dodd, or Obama or both are going to come out of this looking very bad...it smacks of buying influence and access at the highest level

this is the first real "blackeye".

the republicans and other commentators are going to go after this big time...

when even Maureen Dowd is criticizing a liberal president, there is a potential problem.

2. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    "blackeye"... what exactly do you mean by that?!

3. Flashy

Gold Member

shut up, provocateur :biggrin1::wink:

4. avg_joe

Gold Member

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: Let me grab some more......

5. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Here's an item I found online:

"Sens. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) and David Vitter (R-La.) will later this morning send a letter to Senate Banking Committee leaders demanding that they subpoena all records of bailed-out insurance giant AIG to find out how AIG executive bonuses were given unique and privileged treatment in the Obama stimulus bill."

Oh, I see! David Vitter, the "family Values" anti-gay marriage republican that frequents whorehouses and who's name turned up on the published phone records of the D.C. Madame and who was described as a "regular customer" to the $300-per-hour Canal Street brothel.... is now looking to investigate presidential ties to AIG?

6. Flashy

Gold Member

how exactly do the particular sexual escapades of some typically slimy politician have anything to do with the issue at hand?

regardless of what Vitter does, the taxpayers have a right to know why the administration insisted on these bonuses being inserted.

you are sounding remarkably like those nasty republicans who were looking for Clinton's semen and trying to impeach him for being a morally flawed man.

so i ask again, what exactly does Vitter's proclivity for whoring, have to do with the taxpayers money being spent on the bonuses and the revelations that the administration pushed for that?

Did Vitter use tax payer money to give the hooker's bonuses?

I don't care what he does with his dick, same way i didn't care what Clinton did with his.

Doesn't change the issue at hand.

7. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Settle down, Flashy!

Really! I was taking a cheap, cynical swipe at Vitter because the threads are full of anti-Obama stuff today and just wanted to let off some steam! (three of today's new anti-Obama threads are yours, by the way - you busy little beaver!)

Drink some water! Cool down. Don't get your panties in a bunch! You can't be as unhumorous as all that!

#7 D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  8. Flashy

Gold Member

I'm settled :biggrin1:

but i have to say, as you know, i am a very anti democrat, anti republican type...and the current behavior gets my independent blood boiling.

as i said awhile ago, we are back to good old democratic business as usual and corruption from good old republican business as usual and corruption :wink:

and i fully intend to put Obama and the democrats to the fire, same as those asshole republicans deserved for the last few years.

I have got my eye on these guys :wink:

p.s. - i see only one anti-Obama thread i started :)

#8 Flashy, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Since a number of key Republicans received money from AIG as well, including McCain and Romney, it would look very hypocritical for Republicans to try and make this into another party related issue. Not that it would stop them because it is a bad situation and they need any mud they can sling at their opponents. And I'm sure all of the usual suspects will come with their usual rhetoric about how Obama is "more of the same", etc, etc, etc...

ABC News: Will Obama, McCain, Dodd Return Contributions From AIG Employees?
    1. Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., $103,100
    2. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., $101,332
    3. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., $59,499
    4. Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., $35,965
    5. Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., $24,750
    6. Former Gov. Mitt Romney, (R) Pres $20,850
    7. Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., $19,975
    8. Rep. John Larson, D-Conn, $19,750
    9. Sen. John Sununu, R-N.H., $18,500
    10. Former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani (R) Pres $13,200
    11. Rep. Paul Kanjorski, D-Pa., $12,000
    12. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., $11,000

But this is about the bonuses, not campaign contributions. Even if you totaled up the top twelve recipients, it still doesn't come close to the number of bonuses they handed out to CEOs. Dobbs claims that there wasn't any clauses to suggest this kind of payout in bonuses in the version he made. If that was the case, he along with Snowe & Wyden should have been more diligent in proofreading the final version of the bill especially if their names were behind it. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Meanwhile, I'll sit back and watch as so-called "independents", with their invisible party and no voice, act all shocked and outraged... as if this corruption from politicians is a surprise to anyone.

10. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    Obama did not receive money from AIG and how funny it is that the republicans who prevented Obama from including executive compensation caps in his bill are now slinging it. such incredible bullshit!

I gave money to the Obama campaign, about $300, and had to name my employer each time. That's a requirement of federal election law. THAT DOES NOT MEAN MY COMAPNY GAVE MONEY TO OBAMA.

AIG has tens of thousands of employees around the globe. it would be rather easy to reach a measely amount like $100,000 in small individual contributions, which is exactly how Obama built, organized and financed and ran his campaign.

11. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's an interesting take on the matter, I've never thought of the AIG contributions in that way... it seems awfully logical.

I saw Dodd backpedaling and making excuses on Hardball last night. Mathews knew that he wasn't coming clean and was easy on him. Chris was in shock during the entire interview... it is difficult when people that you have respect for let you down.

Do you know what it reminded me of?

It reminded me of the meeting where Saddam's top general met with Schwarzkopf after the end of the Gulf war and asked if they could still fly their helicopters for shuttling and diplomatic purposes. The Iraqi military then proceeded to massacre the Shiites in Southern Iraq with Schwarzkopf's blessing. Norman did many interviews where he had to explain how he got snowed by the Iraqi general. Dodd's interview was exactly the same.

Dodd said that he didn't see this coming and I have to believe him because he is not brain damaged in any way that I know of. If he knew exactly how this was gonna play out and was just hoping that the news wouldn't latch on to the story... he is an utter idiot and shouldn't win his next election.

He threw Geithner under the bus though... Obama quickly changed places with Geithner and said that "The buck stops here." WTF?

This might have been a big ol' trap sprung for the Dems... they apparantly fell right into it.

Draft saved Draft deleted