Does a "Gay Gene" exist?

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
So you were gay and chose to be str8?

Otherwise you are saying that all people are str8 and some chose to be gay.

You can't have It both ways.

I worked with a co-worker who said that black people came from Evolution and white people came from Adam & Eve. You could not convince him of the stupidity in his argument.

Anyway Frizzle, I think you would have to be gay ("or choose to be gay. as you think") to understand.

Obviously people aren't born straight or gay, babies don't have the knowledge about sexuality or the bodily functions to comprehend seuxality.

And I don't believe only gay people can understand this, one reason because otherwise the only people doing research on this "gay" gene, would be gay.

From the bold. When did you make the choice that you were going to be more attracted to women than to men? That decision (if it ever happened) would determine your sexual orientation as heterosexual. Then you made choices to act on your sexual orientation. Of course, by your logic you could have just as easily chose to be homosexual.

Attraction not action determines sexual orientation. I want to hear when you chose to be attracted to women thus choosing to be a heterosexual. Once you have done that you have the right to attempt to draw a parallel to others who are homosexual. But it's quite relevant to the discussion to ask how you chose to be attracted to women instead of men because you are asserting that some men choose to be attracted to men instead of women.

Without responding to every point above, your argument holds no ground.

Around puberty.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Obviously people aren't born straight or gay, babies don't have the knowledge about sexuality or the bodily functions to comprehend seuxality.

And I don't believe only gay people can understand this, one reason because otherwise the only people doing research on this "gay" gene, would be gay.

Around puberty.

I think that you'll find that there is nothing obvious in your statement...however, what is obvious is the fact that pretty much all people will tell you that they did not choose to be gay or straight, they were just BORN that way......of course a baby does not know it's sexuality, but our earliest feelings of attraction do not come from a matter of choice, they come from our own natural instinct.

Just like we have no power over how we are genetically predetermined to look, we also have no power over the genetic predetermination of our instinctive sexuality.

It's an hilarious thought....to think that one day I just decided to be gay.....if you really did decide to be straight, then you are a rare individual.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Natural instinct would determine that you would become straight. Also no-one has still proven anything about being born gay.

No-one has proven otherwise either.

TBH and no offense meant to you personally Frizzle but I'm sick to death of the "choice" issue coming up in various threads on this board. I've explained my side of it a few times. Now I'm at the point where I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else wants to think. I certainly won't be explaining again because I don't owe anything to anyone who thinks otherwise and I don't care enough either. I'd get a more open minded response if I explained it to my dead aunt Fanny anyway. :rolleyes:

If anyone has an issue with gay being a "choice" then it's their issue so deal with it.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

Around puberty.
You are showing that only gay people do understand because your reasoning is so far fetched. I don't think you can understand your own opinions. Read over the sum of your replies and please explain with all the feedback from gay individuals you are getting how you can think the way you do. Once you have the knowledge about something you cannot go back to ignorant thinking... You have been educated. We are telling you it is not a choice to be gay/bi/les. We are not choosing to be bisexual and gay. So stop trying to say that you are not being proven wrong. We have told you, we have proved your theory wrong. So now it's time to move on with your ignorant excuses. Ignorance is no longer bliss. Learn... we are teaching you. Step away from the ignorance.

Natural instinct would determine that you would become straight. Also no-one has still proven anything about being born gay.
Please read the above. The members contradicting you here are proof enough that we have proven you wrong.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Incorrect, obviously, hence the large number of gay men and lesbian women who were BORN on this planet. Not to mention all mammalian species that inherit gay behaviour....

The gay animal Kingdom

Your thinking is quite outdated and Victorian, this is the 21st century....evolve young man.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
No-one has proven otherwise either.

TBH and no offense meant to you personally Frizzle but I'm sick to death of the "choice" issue coming up in various threads on this board. I've explained my side of it a few times. Now I'm at the point where I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else wants to think. I certainly won't be explaining again because I don't owe anything to anyone who thinks otherwise and I don't care enough either. I'd get a more open minded response if I explained it to my dead aunt Fanny anyway. :rolleyes:

If anyone has an issue with gay being a "choice" then it's their issue so deal with it.

It's just like circuminised topics. They're just rehashed topics of older ones, don't worry about it Davey, just go out and enjoy the sun! Or the drinks!

You are showing that only gay people do understand because your reasoning is so far fetched. I don't think you can understand your own opinions. Read over the sum of your replies and please explain with all the feedback from gay individuals you are getting how you can think the way you do. Once you have the knowledge about something you cannot go back to ignorant thinking... You have been educated. We are telling you it is not a choice to be gay/bi/les. We are not choosing to be bisexual and gay. So stop trying to say that you are not being proven wrong. We have told you, we have proved your theory wrong. So now it's time to move on with your ignorant excuses. Ignorance is no longer bliss. Learn... we are teaching you. Step away from the ignorance.

Please read the above. The members contradicting you here are proof enough that we have proven you wrong.

Incorrect, obviously, hence the large number of gay men and lesbian women who were BORN on this planet. Not to mention all mammalian species that inherit gay behaviour....

The gay animal Kingdom

Your thinking is quite outdated and Victorian, this is the 21st century....evolve young man.

The wealth of information on this topic is out there if you want to read and learn. Do some reading.

Again, I'm not trying to prove the existence of a gay gene. You people are. I don't have to defend my reasoning since I'm not trying to prove something that isn't there. My theory has not been proved wrong nor has yours, yet again, I am NOT trying to proove something that is unproovable.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
It's just like circumcised topics. They're just rehashed topics of older ones, don't worry about it Davey, just go out and enjoy the sun! Or the drinks!

Again, I'm not trying to prove the existence of a gay gene. You people are. I don't have to defend my reasoning since I'm not trying to prove something that isn't there. My theory has not been proved wrong nor has yours, yet again, I am NOT trying to proove something that is unproovable.
OK you are a moron. Lets see if large print helps you a bit.

By stating we did not choose to be GAY we have proved you wrong. Your theory has been blown out of the water. We sunk your battleship.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
OK you are a moron. Lets see if large print helps you a bit.

By stating we did not choose to be GAY we have proved you wrong. Your theory has been blown out of the water. We sunk your battleship.

Again, you have not found a gay gene, don't spit in my face and call it piss.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

The whole thread is about the existence of a gay gene, what you are doing is saying that being gay is a choice. You do have to defend your reasoning, just as all of us have done in here, that is the point of a healthy debate.

And far from being unprovable, as scientists are now unravelling the human genome, it will only be a matter of time before we know whether or not proof does indeed exist.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Frizzle, I'll add my 2 cents here also. You aren't making any sense! Your ideas fly in the face of logic. You can't really argue your ideas, because you know, deep down, that they don't hold water. I think you need to take a good long deep look at yourself and make SURE that your opinions are not borne of some repressed sexual longings of your own. Those longings may be skewing your brain's ability to reason and to listen to what many many of us are saying:

I DID NOT CHOOSE TO BE ATTRACTED - sexually, spiritually, physically, emotionally - TO MEN!

Frizzle is not the only one. I can't believe people on THIS board could be so very closed-minded about this!

Frizzle - your response to the question about when did YOU choose heterosexuality was answered, by you, with a 'around puberty.' WOW! Tons of information there. Really helped us get some deep insight into the workings of your mind & sexuality. :rolleyes: The reason you can't specify when it occurred is because it DID NOT OCCUR! You didn't have a choice about being attracted to whatever it is you're attracted to.

How can you assert that I did!?

dP

PS.....'you' haven't found a straight gene either.....

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Frizzle, I'll add my 2 cents here also. You aren't making any sense! Your ideas fly in the face of logic. You can't really argue your ideas, because you know, deep down, that they don't hold water. I think you need to take a good long deep look at yourself and make SURE that your opinions are not borne of some repressed sexual longings of your own. Those longings may be skewing your brain's ability to reason and to listen to what many many of us are saying:

I DID NOT CHOOSE TO BE ATTRACTED - sexually, spiritually, physically, emotionally - TO MEN!

Frizzle is not the only one. I can't believe people on THIS board could be so very closed-minded about this!

Frizzle - your response to the question about when did YOU choose heterosexuality was answered, by you, with a 'around puberty.' WOW! Tons of information there. Really helped us get some deep insight into the workings of your mind & sexuality. :rolleyes: The reason you can't specify when it occurred is because it DID NOT OCCUR! You didn't have a choice about being attracted to whatever it is you're attracted to.

How can you assert that I did!?

dP
Thanks for reaffirming my thoughts :p
You just have to wonder how many people have to tell him that before he gets it.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Around puberty.

So, you could just as easily have chosen to be attracted to men. That's what you are saying.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

And you haven't disproven anything. And you haven't proven that "natural instinct" would make someone heterosexual. Dude, you can't have it both ways. If you chose heterosexuality, then you could have just as easily have chosen homosexuality. Since that's very absurd, you're argument means nothing and you still have proven nothing.