Does age make a difference to you?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by sevencirc, Feb 21, 2008.

1. sevencirc

sevencirc Member

Not sure if this is the proper forum, but here goes....
    How many guys have a definite preference for a particular age range
    of men you'd have a sexual relationship with? Or does it matter?

My interest is only in guys older than me. It's just always been that
    way. Curious how many out there would have sex/relations with anyone,
    regardless of age. I'm in my 50's, so late 60's (and older) reasonably
    well-kept men are my turn-on.

2. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

If I find someone attractive, age doesn't matter.

3. D_Theophallus Kneedgroin

D_Theophallus Kneedgroin Account Disabled

I've been with guys up to 10 years younger and 20 years older....I guess that means age makes no difference to me.

(always within legal age btw)

4. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

My exwife is 8 years older than me...my ex boyfriend is 14 years younger than me. Its the individual in my eyes (always within legal age, of course).

5. D_Adoniah Sheervolume

D_Adoniah Sheervolume Account Disabled

if they turn me on, they turn me on. it's hard enough to find that without putting any more preconditions on it!

6. Aitch

Aitch New Member

I haven't had a relationship with someone older than me since I was in my twenties but it's not a conscious choice, it just happens that way.

7. Andresito

Andresito Member

My limit is about 10 years. I would not date a man who is over 30.

Hey, but only speaking of dating, sex is okay if he is attractive to me.

8. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Age- the number- doesn't really matter to me. Except that I would be more reluctant to enter into a sexual relationship with someone under the legal age of consent because of the potential legal ramifications.

Certain other things that tend to go along with age are more important to me. I wouldn't want to date someone who was extremely immature. The younger someone is the less mature they usually are. I wouldn't want to date someone I found physically unattractive. The older someone is the less physically attractive they usually are. I wouldn't mind too much, but would have some reservations about dating someone with completely different values, beliefs, worldview, experiences, etc. than myself. This isn't a big issue for me, and I actually quite enjoy variety and difference. But, the further removed from my own age a person is, in either direction, the more likely that there is going to be a salient different, and the more salient the difference, the greater the potential conflict.

That said, I know plenty of young girls very mature for their age, and plenty of older ladies who are extremely sexy. I also know plenty of people, young and old, that I can relate to and get along with just fine in spite of large gaps in our respective ages. I have dated women both significantly older and significantly younger than myself. Most of the time it's really not an issue unless you decide to make it one.

I tend to date girls younger than myself, and usually by at least several years, but I would not call that a definite preference.

9. frizzle

Gold Member

If she's old enough to bleed; she's old enough to breed.

10. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

tasteful

11. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Age of Younger Individual is ≥ Age of Older Individual/2 +7

12. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Frizzle is still a kid.

Anyway, I thought of those guys who set age limitations, and find themselves over thirty? What do they do then? Revise the standard?

Or those guys who'll only date younger people? Do they have it good?

13. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    You know, I say I have an age limit and then I'd be a hypocrite and get hard for that fifty plus construction worker who is packing great bulge and bum lines in the shortest shorts possible and sporting a six pack under a wife beater most guys half their age would kill for LOL.

14. frizzle

Gold Member

Now that's sick innuendo right there. :eek:

15. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

yes, age does make a difference to me. i refuse to date anyone who is younger! the only guy i ever made that acception for was younger than me by six months. however, we were on totally different levels of maturity. he behaved like he still belonged in high school, not to mention he turned out to be a complete douche bag in the long run. i broke my rule for him and i will never do it again.

on the other hand, i've always been attracted to men who are older. i've dated in my age range (i'm 22), and have also been involved with men in their 30s, as well as one man who was 44. i don't have a problem if the man happens to be around my dad's age either. i know, it probably sounds totally weird, but i'm turned on by old men. besides, it's nice to have the whole spectrum from men in their 20s to their 30s to their 40s ;)

16. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

I used to have this sort of sliding rule where I would not date anyone more than 2 years younger or 5 years older than I am, which was stupid. I definitely turned down some older men who would have been a better influence over the jackholes I chose within my "range".

Since I decided to be open to a variety, two of my best relationship experiences were with a genius, econ professor who is mid 50s, 54 when we dated, and a very mature 23 year old I dated last year. Both awesome and I would have been insane to pass either up over age

17. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    No.

Not chronological age. Maturity, yes.

18. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'll be 57 this April. Wow. Where did all the years go? I can be attracted to adults of all ages, yet as cute as young guys are, I don't know if I could actually hook up with a really young one. I'd feel guilty of being a craddle robber!

19. Daudau

Daudau New Member

I'm physically attracted to guys in their 30's and 40's, and have recently found myself starting to date guys in that range. I guess they suit me better because I've always grown up mentally a lot older than I actually am, and it shows.

20. MuscledHorse

MuscledHorse Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Physically I don't care about a guy's age as much as I do whether he's in shape. I hooked up with a 59 year old body builder in Fort Lauderdale who put most 20 year olds to shame..and looked a good 15 -20 years younger than he was.

Emotionally (i.e. someone I would date) maturity is a factor over age, though if I can get someone around my age who is both in-shape and mature it's all good. So Far, no luck though :-(

Draft saved Draft deleted