Does Alcohol magnify your personality?

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't drink alcohol hardly ever because I'm irritating, incorrigible and far too excitable when sober so it only gets worse when I have a drinky-poo.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Though born in the United States my Paternal Grandmother came from Scotland at age 14. I am very familiar with the accent and after years of it around me as a child can slip into it at a moment's notice. I was able to do it well before the late Jimmy Doohan (An Irishman) was cast for Star Trek.

The sad part though is that I came from a family of alcoholics as well. I can personally testify that alcohol magnifies the worst in people. It causes a loss in inhibitions and people without intending to can say things that are hurtful to others simply because the barriers of thinking can be short circuited by the effects of the alcohol.

To this day I have friends in Glasgow and my family on my Dad's side originated in Troon.

Because alcohol is socially acceptable with the exception of motor vehicle and heavy equipment operation we tolerate a great deal.

The idea on this one is to place a great deal of thought into what happens and if you wonder how it has it's effects on you personally, have some friends set up a video camera in the background and review the video tape when you are completely sober.

The alcoholism that was all over my family placed me in a position where I did this one to myself. I did not like the person I became when intoxicated at all and when in that state I had no perception of how I really was. It was an eye-opener let me tell you.

Now I will have a beer or a glass of wine with dinner, but I never under any circumstances allow myself to become at all intoxicated. I have the genetics for alcoholism from both sides. I was going there for a time in my life and when I discovered where I was headed I put the brakes on "big time" because of what that condition did to my family and to me as a child.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been told I'm a loud, happy, vaguely-intimidating drunk - in so much as my accent gets a lot more pronounced and people who're unfamiliar with drinking with the Scottish can mistake us for being angry when we're just being enthusiastic.

Eh. The biggest thing I've noticed with the Scottish, especially since moving out of the country, is that when we've had a drink or two (and sometimes when we haven't) we've got a really bad habit of talking over each other. Which is sort of fine, when everyone else does it, but when you talk to people from elsewhere they just find it incredibly rude!

ROFL and I agree with both points. My mum's side of the family are from Scotland, and although her generation largely grew up in England they still managed to pick up these habits . . . and pass them on :smile:.

Plus Scottish people seem to sing an awful lot when drunk . . . or maybe that's just my family :tongue:

jpk338

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
been sober 32 yrs this month by the grace of God. i am a fun ,loud drunk. lost my clothes on many occasions. had sex with anyone ,including women. but it almost killed me. 3 dwi's later and with the help of aa, great friends. i know i still have some of my character defects and i don't want to magnify them at all. because to do that would put me in jail,hosp. or worse.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Congratulations on your sobriety, jpk. Hope you're enjoying life just the same.

been sober 32 yrs this month by the grace of God. i am a fun ,loud drunk. lost my clothes on many occasions. had sex with anyone ,including women. but it almost killed me. 3 dwi's later and with the help of aa, great friends.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can be very reserved IRL. TheBF claims that I'm often "elegant" and "sophisticated" (and I think that he flatters me). I can also be really silly and goofy once you get to know me and I've been known to giggle a lot.

I only drink to excess when I feel safe, which means that I have to be with very old friends that I trust or TheBF, and when I drink, I really let go! When I'm drunk.... Whew! All my personality traits become much bigger. MUCH BIGGER! And I can be crude and an over-sharer, too, and tell waaay more than you really wanted to know.

When I get drunk enough that I black out? TheBF describes it me as "Hilarious!" and "totally uncontrollable" and "overtly sexual."

Once around March, I praised TheBF's cock for a long time, telling him he had a big one and crudely and ominously demanding that he fuck me, then I continuously yelled out how much I appreciated his penis and how much I love how he fucks me the entire time we had sex, loud enough that TheBF was really worried about the neighbors hearing. Our neighbors really aren't very close to us, I was just that loud. He said that he tried to tell me to keep it down, but he was really laughing too hard the entire time and I wasn't listening to him anyway.

The time before that, which was in January (I think), I gave TheBF what he called "The Best Blowjob of My Entire Life" and the next day he told me that he "felt like crying" when I told him that I didn't remember what I had done so I couldn't recreate it. (Tonight he generously told me that my totally sober BJs have become "almost as good" as The Best Blowjob of My Entire Life, but I think he's just trying to soothe my ego.)

Once I TP-ed our apartment (when we lived in one) while running around and giggling, "Whee!" as TheBF ran around behind me trying to get me to stop. Then we had anal sex for the first time ever, which I had been afraid of but the alcohol made me unafraid.

I think TheBF loves it when I get that drunk, except for the part where I don't remember what I did, because every single time he gets rewarded with fantastic sex and a hilarious story.

Twice. It's funny because it's true!

I'm better off anyway. Third time's a charm!

Wow! Yeah, I'd say that alcohol and you don't mix well.

Last edited:

glowfish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I find that alcohol shuts down any higher reasoning that'd normally prevent me from doing what I actually intend to, whether it's just self-consciousness or genuine caution. It's a drug that reduces the amount of processing power devoted to making decisions.