Does anybody else have issues with dockers?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_trvgyet, Oct 2, 2011.

1. D_trvgyet

D_trvgyet New Member

I have to wear dockers to work, and i work at a high school. It's almost like wearing a speedo. U can see it all. I become very uncomfortable because I know its really noticeable

2. rd62624

Gold Member

try wearing pleated styled

3. D_trvgyet

D_trvgyet New Member

thanks

4. houtx48

Gold Member

Did'nt know they still made them.

5. triman

triman Member

Albums:
    I work at a high school too. Whatever you do, do not get the microfiber ones, as they really do show EVERYTHING. I ended up switching to the Haggar brand and that way I don't show as much...but it is still noticeable...

6. D_Alec_Baldtwins

D_Alec_Baldtwins Account Disabled

You're not wrong, but Dockers cut their slacks in 4 or 5 different fits, just like jeans. At one extreme is their "relaxed" cut, which is very loose and relaxed in the seat and thighs. At the other extreme is their "slim fit" which is much tighter in the seat and thighs. They have two or three cuts in the middle. In fact, the last time I was at Macy's, they had a display up where they numbered the cuts 1 through 5, and described each one.

Also, as was pointed out, you can choose from pleated (though out of style...) which is going to show less, or flat front, which is going to show more. The finer microfibers are also going to show more than the coarser cottons. And, of course, light colors will show more than dark, though it's assumed you don't have any choice about color for work.

7. hungteen19921992

hungteen19921992 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Not sure what you mean - I have two pairs of docker shorts that fit like normal shorts to me, i.e. don't hug my thighs.

If you're wearing shorts that hug your thighs you need bigger shorts :O

Draft saved Draft deleted