Does anybody feel bad about showing it off?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by former_member_0385, Nov 18, 2006.

1. former_member_0385

former_member_0385 New Member

Hey, I know there have been tons of threads on showing it off, but I was wondering if anyone has ever been into it and felt bad about it. Or used to be into it and got over the urge?

I have enjoyed showing off my goods since I realized as a teenager that I was bigger than most. I always liked swimming anyway and that gave me lots of opportunities. Then in college, there were lots of pretend accidents: "forgetting" to bring a towel to the shower and "forgetting" to lock the bathroom door when I took a piss. Partying and getting drunk opened up a lot of possibilities too, like pissing in an alley with friends or going skinny-dipping.

I've always kinda gotten off on the reactions--from guys and girls, friends and strangers. I still do, in fact--when I go to the gym, it's hard for me to resist strutting around, hanging out in the sauna, and checking out other guys packages, etc.

What I'm wondering is has anybody gotten over this? I've been feeling lately like it's kinda pathetic. I know I've made some of my friends--and other people--feel uncomforable or bad about themselves. Two have gotten pissed at me about it. And for what? An ego stroke and a quick sexual charge. It's not like it's ruining my life or anything, but it's certainly an impulse I'd like to be without. Can anybody here relate? Any suggestions?

2. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I cant relate...Im still trying to get over Being Pee Shy

3. Deve1opment

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What is it makes you feel bad? That you feel good showing off what you have or that others may feel uncomfortable about seeing it? How do you feel about yourself? I think that's the starting point. If you've got it, flaunt it! I think you'll find lots of people enjoy seeing what you have and if some are envious, then hey, that's their problem, not yours.

4. ray j johnson jr

ray j johnson jr New Member

if i had a huge rod that would be the ultimate fantasy girls talking about how big i am...but i guess it is a little juvenile

5. former_member_0385

i'm disappointed. nobody can relate?

6. bigdude

bigdude New Member

yea bro, i can relate totally. I do admit, it's sort of a guilty pleasure showing off...and the rumors that girls spread about me packing a big one, but i do hear your point. At the same time- I'm very modest about it and never bring it up or just whip it out, but if you see my bulge, or a girl I've slept with talks about it, or a girl i'm dance-grinding with feels it, etc, I'm not gonna hide it. Just be happy/proud of what you've been blessed with.

The only reason I don't show off is because I can sympathize with guys who weren't well-endowed. In a locker room, I'm quick to shower up, wrap my towel around me, and get dressed quickly and discreetly. If you're secure with what you've got and who you are, you shouldn't need that extra validation from witnessing peoples reactions when they see your big cock.

To this day, I still go to the gym with my dad all the time...and afterwards, we shower. He struts around the gym naked and although he may be a grower (i am too for the most part) I still don't get naked infront of him, because I don't want to "show him up" or make him feel bad as i'm quite a bit bigger than he is. It's sort of a respect thing and it's my dad- I don't want to make him feel bad if I can definately avoid it

7. former_member_0385

Thanks, bigdude. Sounds like you're better at controlling the urge than I am. As soon as the opportunity comes up to show it off, it seems I have to take it. I'm pretty good about making it look like I'm minding my own business and not seem like I'm starved for attention. And I shouldn't be starved for attention--my dick and I are both well attended to. But there's something special about that feeling, that look, that comment, or when penis size comes up somehow and the buddy you're with knows you're really big.

Anyhow, it's cool that you and your dad are so close, and you respect him. Thanks again for the response.

8. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I think it's a matter of numbers, really. The number of people who give a positive reaction generally outnumber the people who give a negative one, so, maybe that's just reiterating that it isn't a bad thing. Second, I still hang on to the idea that people perceive a big dick in a positive fashion. I suppose it would be different if you were some arrogant swaggerer in the locker room just violating all kinds of personal space of people -- like dangling it over somebody who's locker is lower than your own. That would make you a dick. Otherwise, people say "damn!" "wow!" or "nice rod!" probably because either they like it, they want it, or both.

Of course, I'm a little concerned if you can't help (compulsively) showing it off. If you can't control the behavior, that's probably of greater interest than anything else, and that might deserve some examination. Whether you see a counselor for it or not is totally up to you.

To utterly pervert a phrase that probably carries way more significance than the wang, "With great power comes great responsibility."

9. Mulebear

Mulebear Member

Albums:
    When I was younger I was constantly showing off. It became compulsive. I loved the attention I got, but I also based all my self worth on that attention.

Eventually I started getting some unwanted attention. I also started realizing that I was becoming addicted to what I thought was positve attention. My ego had been getting out of hand and my self esteem was plunging.

At some point I became so embarassed by my behavior that I started withdrawing from others. I did everything that I could to not draw attention. When I did get attention I was convinced that it was based on the size of my dick and nothing more.

Luckily I began to mature and started treating myself with a little more respect. I worked on my self esteem issues and learned to be more comfortable with my body. All of my body.

I'm now in a great relationship with someone who truly loves me for who I am and not necessarily for the size of my cock. That being said, he does get a kick out of others checking out my crotch. He has told me several times that my attempts at hiding my bulge are pretty much a joke and that I should relax. As long as he is around, he says, I will always get positive and supportive attention.

He also thinks I look really hot in jeans. This being his favorite photo that he has taken of me. :biggrin1: Yeah. I'm showing off. :tongue1: :lame:

10. jerkdude75

jerkdude75 New Member

Albums:
    i'm a total freeballin' exhibitionist. i say do what feels comfortable. for me, it's not about validation. there's always someone bigger, or smaller for that matter. it's just the way i'm wired. being naked in the sauna feels good. going without underwear is great because i have more drawer space for other clothes.

11. former_member_0385

Heheh, thanks Dee. I like that.

It's true that way more of the reactions were interested/positive than annoyed/negative. I wonder if more people feel bad about it later, though. And even the negative reactions I saw -- like a small-dicked fat guy at my college gym seeing my big dangle and muttering "Jesus Christ" -- still made me feel pretty good.

I hate when people flaunt things like their wealth or SAT scores, so I guess it bothers me that I can be like them in a way.

12. former_member_0385

Heheh, that's funny. Am I the only hung dude that likes briefs? (Guess that's a different thread...)

My point though, Jerkdude, is that it's not just what feels comfortable to me. At my gym, there are showers at one end with shower curtains. I don't use those. I use the open ones. And I use the dry sauna, which has a mirror in it -- it's like they're asking for exhibitionism & voyeurism! -- and I leave my towel around my waist so I don't look like I'm showing off and I sit across from the mirror so anyone can see me big dick and low-hangers.

13. brandonguy35

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Eveyone has things that make them happy and feel good about themselves. If this happens to be one of those things for you, then I don't think it is anything to feel badabout. It sounds as if the situations you describe are times when nudity is acceptable and common- so nothing wrong with being proud of what you have and comfortable enough with yourself to let others see it. But.....

... if you start standing at busy intersections in a long trench coat waiting for unsuspecting passers-by to show off to--then you might have a reason to worry that the showing off has taken you too far. :wink:

14. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I think you're on the right track. If you can see something undesirable in yourself that's a reflection of what you don't like in other people -- a la Carl Jung -- then you're on the path to correcting your behavior. I suppose the one question you gotta ask yourself is this: Do you feel like your dick is one of very few attributes that make you feel proud or confident about yourself? What else is there?

I think I would be more concerned for you if you didn't have anything else to fall back on. I'm confident that this isn't the case. And for people who excessively brag, it's a good litmus test. It gives you something to think about.

15. ballmantx

ballmantx Member

I think that the right word is guilt. I have been showing it off in many ways since I was 14 or so. This includes not wearing underwear with loose shorts at a party my parents threw, walking naked in front in the window when I knew my neighbor was walking by, skinny dipping in the pool when I knew my neighbor was in her upstairs bedroom and could see right down to our pool, washing the car with spandex shorts and no underwear when the neighbor is out pulling her weeds, undressing with the door slightly ajar when my sister was close by or her friends or my mothers friends. I have done a hundred things like that. There is always a thrill at the time, but always guilt afterwards that I was doing something I shouldn't. Getting caught sucked too, which happened a few times.

16. love2showoff

love2showoff New Member

Albums:
    You know it comes and goes, but here's the truth and how I justify it...If I'm wanking it anyways why not get on cam and show it off. I've said I'll never do that again (usually influenced by a GF not wanting me to). I think the difference is that I get a rush out of showing it off...I'm not trying to meet women and fuck them with it I just hope there are a few women out there who love to look at a huge cock being stroked...Whatever else that happens is cursory, whether they add me as a buddy or get off my cam; speak to me everyday or never again. I don't mind because I do it FOR ME and no one else.

17. Male Bonding etc

Gold Member

Well, here's my thought, BG Alex: moderation. A little is not such a bad thing. It's rather fun to let it be seen or at least not be so modest as to always be rushing to cover it up. On the other hand, when you know you are doing it to rile people up just to rile them up... It may bear some thinking as to why you are provoking them.

18. B_josiah852

B_josiah852 New Member

Yeah I feel bad about showing off my larger than avg cock. That is why I keep doing it. I am trying to get over the feeling bad part. The sex I get from showing off is the part that makes me feel good. Oh, maybe that is why I keep showing off. lol

19. Hryblkone

Hryblkone New Member

I somewhat agree with Josiah852. Sometimes I have felt the shame of showing off my erect cock to a dozen truckers on an off ramp but it goes away. I went through many years where people would say such spiteful things about the way I look (having a micropenis sucked!). Most of those people have done a 180 in their thinking seeing the way I look now. I'm showing off because society says it's bad to feel good about the way you look but will turn right around and push pills and therapy for the conflicting messages. But it is also about knowing when to show it off. Locker rooms, pvt bedrooms, on-cam, etc. are fine and at your own discretion. Whipping it out at parties without warning or walking around the office naked is understandably out of the ordinary and may make people uneasy. You're a grown man so I trust that you will set and follow your own set of standards within the guidelines of what is acceptable within your community.

20. granite1

granite1 Member

Albums:
    Yes, I have done this too. I remember masturbating when my neighbour was washing her windows and I left my door slightly open with the light on. She never mentioned it to me but she must have seen me bringing myself to a big climax. It was a great thrill at the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted