Does anybody know that you are a member?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dolf250, Sep 25, 2005.

1. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

I was talking with a coworker on Friday. The conversation turned to a forum that he belonged to. When he asked if I belonged to any I paused for a moment before lying and saying no. Up until a few years ago I kept tropical fish and was active on some of the forums. If that was still the case I would not have had a problem mentioning it, but saying that I am active on one forum- LPSG would have been awkward. Would he figure that I was trying to brag, overly concerned with one body part, looking for attention, or something else? I guess that it is strange that this is the only forum I actively participate in. I have other interests and will read some posts- but I only post here. Anyhow, it got me wondering if anybody in your life knows that this is one of your stops while surfing. I would assume that most husbands, wives and S/O’s probably know- but how about co workers, friends or acquaintances?

2. kurios

kurios Member

In my case, no.... colleagues, friends etc dont know....probably because it isnt one of the interests/assets that we knowingly share or that are the reason we are friends or colleagues.

Work wise it would be to me really inappropriate and with friends unless they made some reference to issues discussed in this forum I certainly wouldnt bring up the fact that I am a member. To me it would be just too personal and would either sound like I was bragging or would place a future focus on my crotch.

What I would do, very quickly and with pride, is tell anyone about LPSG who indicates an interest in related matters or expresses a problem they are having that I thought discussion here would help. Subjects dealt with here I think help a lot of people especially younger guys who are trying to deal with heavier equipment.

3. hippyscum

hippyscum New Member

That's the reason i don't tell anyone. I have a friend who found out that I was a frequenter here, and I just explained to him that I came here to get info on some issues and just stuck around for the banter.

4. jonadkins

jonadkins Member

No - nobody knows. I guess it would be pretty difficult to convince people that the forum is a lot more intelligent than they might think. Of course you get the odd troll now and again, like Mr. 22", but most of the time the standard of debate/discourse is higher than other forums.

Having said that, I suppose I'm preaching to the converted and should put my money where my mouth is and tell people...

5. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

I try to keep my friends away from this addictive substance. I'm the sacrificial lamb.

6. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Well, actually, my best friend lurks occasionally. But I don't think I've posted anything that would surprise her.

7. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

My wife, BF and a close buddy all know.

8. txquis

Gold Member

Interesting question.
    A few friends know.
    I can be rather territorial about forums. In the past, when all of my friends
    were on a forum with me, I was not as comfortable about revealing certain things, but....i dont think it would bother me as much now.

I would feel more strange if some of my straight colleagues at work were on here and were reading details of my sexlife and such.
    But...i'd deal with it.

9. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I've introduced a couple friends to the forum, but they never seemed all that taken with it. probably something to do with having "lives" and "things to do" or whatever. dunno if they still read or post at all.

10. Mestisamo

Mestisamo New Member

Same as Dr Rock - told a few friends about it and how diverse the subjects are and how funny some of the topics can be, but as far as I know, that's as far as it went.

11. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

If someone came to the site and saw my posts and said "hey, that's you!" I wouldn't try to deny it but I don't go around volunteering the information. I think a lot of people just wouldn't get it.

12. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Told my best friend. He is a straight guy but very into his cock... like I'm into mine. We are each other's vocal outlet on just how much we enjoy our cocks. Our respective spouses don't really know we are here I guess...though that would be no big deal. Just our buddy thing. He lurks on here a bit but not a big writer.

13. B_Dust

B_Dust New Member

My girlfriend knows I am a member. Michelle likes to hear about my past experiences. She is also okay with my obsession of Morgan Webb. She knows why I find this busty babe so hot. But, at the end of the day my cock belongs to her. Michelle also enjoys looking at the pictures on this site. Even though a lot of you are gay, Michelle loves your cocks. She has actually become a member of monsterofcock.com. Michelle tells me that she should go and find Ramon and volunteer her services for the site. I tell her if she gets me a chance to fuck Morgan Webb, she can take Ramon’s huge beef.

14. dark&hung

dark&hung New Member

I have recommended this site to a friend of mine... He looked at it and said that this site was ok, but he had is own penis support group. It kind of made me wonder what other groups are out there? From what i know he is not small or huge either... We kind of gave each other this weird pause.... If he was a member on here i would be exicted..

15. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

My brothers know. Actually, three of them are members, but lurkers. A former student knows: he is a member as well. A few other friends know.

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

I've told a few friends who lurk occasionally and of course Julianna. I wouldn't care if people knew I was on here but I don't advertise it.

17. Matthew

Gold Member

Not yet but I'm sure it will make a great conversation starter.

18. steve319

Gold Member

There are a lot of reasons why I haven't told anyone. Here's a big one now...

First of all, I'm a selfish bastard. But also, I'm definitely more open here about personal matters than I am/can be with people in my life. I'm hoping that my experiment in openness here will encourage me to be as candid with the people I love as well.

And if the mentality of rural appalachia and of academia changes overnight, that will help too, don't you think? ;)

I had a bit of a scare a few weeks past when a fellow college employee ended up asking me a couple of questions that led my (paranoid) mind to wonder if he'd read my posts here since the questions tangentially related to things I certainly hadn't told anyone else about (that day, I replaced the personal photo I had been using for my avatar). Still not sure if he has "found me out."

19. txquis

Gold Member

i'll admit that the name of the forum is sometimes
    a bit embarrassing for me to discuss.
    I wish i was beyond that, but...
    If a friend stumbled upon the site, they would probably
    stumble across some of the more interesting conversations/people
    and understand.

20. cr8tive

cr8tive New Member

Not that I know off (but then I haven't posted much, so how would they?). I often wonder how much of my private internet activities are private...

I've seen people I know on mainstream internet dating sites, but never on any of the discussion sites I frequent.

Draft saved Draft deleted