Does anyone actually believe

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... that Sarah Palin would be a viable choice for the Republican nomination for President in 2012?

I mean who they got??:confused: Some frightening shit that.

Last edited:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
People will support anyone. She has a following, even if she has displayed an inability to have depth and knowledge. At some point, she has become a darling in the public eye, and people will defend her, despite all the shortcomings and stupidity she has displayed.

The USA has just gone through 8 years of Bush. Now tell me if the public pays attention

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
People will support anyone. She has a following, even if she has displayed an inability to have depth and knowledge. At some point, she has become a darling in the public eye, and people will defend her, despite all the shortcomings and stupidity she has displayed.

The USA has just gone through 8 years of Bush. Now tell me if the public pays attention

Very well said on all counts. It seems that many Americans prefer a return to a simple life where no brain is required and they can believe everything they are told. All you have to do is look at last week's health care meetings to see that a return to caveman days is not far off for many of them.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Shouldn't this be in the politics forum?

Yes, I think she has a chance because she comes across as "normal" and an "everywoman" - as if that matters. Personally, I prefer Susan Collins.

mynameisnobody

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I look at what a miserable lineup we have in the Pelosi-Reid-Obama axis, and think it's very clear that Palin is a far cry from those incompetent frauds. I think she would be a strong candidate for a range of higher offices.

The big problem for Palin is that, in the American electoral system as currently constituted, she's not really all that good a fit with the Republicans. She fought entrenched old-time Repubs too successfully in Alaska for them to all just kiss & make up. And of course she's not a bit like modern Democrats. So where exactly would her power base lie?

Actually, we really don't know all that much about Candidate Palin. As usual, most of what we think we know is really projection onto our candidates of what we hope to see. And of course there is no shortage of loudmouth numbskulls who are happy to tell us all what they see projected on the candidate, but this is just noise, and of no value.

It's possible that Palin's decision to proceed with the birth of her youngest son marks her as a person with an ethical sense several orders of magnitude stronger than anyone we've seen in American politics for many years. Some are doubtless terrified of the implications, others are intrigued.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's possible that Palin's decision to proceed with the birth of her youngest son marks her as a person with an ethical sense several orders of magnitude stronger than anyone we've seen in American politics for many years.
Um, no.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's possible that Palin's decision to proceed with the birth of her youngest son marks her as a person with an ethical sense several orders of magnitude stronger than anyone we've seen in American politics for many years.
This is an example of the divide between the different sectors of American voters, as I assign zero ethical value to her personal decision to complete her pregnancy. In fact, I find it completely irrelevant to the discussion of her suitability for higher office.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
... that Sarah Palin would be a viable choice for the Republican nomination for President in 2012?
I seriously doubt it.

True, there are certainly some very vocal fringe elements of the party for whom she still holds appeal, but I don't believe any serious political strategists felt she had any shot at pulling in the numbers needed for a national election even before she inexplicably abandoned her governorship less than halfway through her first term. Even for a population teeming with idiots possessed of the attention spans of lab rats, I don't think anyone would forget that she basically cut and ran.

That said, I would love to see her nominated for 2012...the outcome would be virtually guaranteed.

D_Suckleberry Hound

Experimental Member
Media
No, I don't think so. I don't buy into the "anyone can do it" perspective on our Presidency. I am amazed that folks vote based on who they would rather have a beer with rather than who they think will make the best leader and make the country better for everyone. IMHO our President should look to the future not the past.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I pray she gets the nomination. That would truly be a gift to Obama :cool: I think about it, she quit her job and word is that she's quitting her marriage. It wouldn't be a contest.

mynameisnobody

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is an example of the divide between the different sectors of American voters, as I assign zero ethical value to her personal decision to complete her pregnancy. In fact, I find it completely irrelevant to the discussion of her suitability for higher office.
Of those I personally have heard voice an opinion on the point, not a single one has thought it unimportant.

Not a large sample, to be sure. And they certainly don't agree on what it means. But none think it should be dismissed quite so cavalierly.